PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:00 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

All this anti-texting talk and short-convo rulesets are leaving me stumped as to how to increase rapport between dates.

She's a beautiful girl that I've been blowing off for a whole year. Wanted me to come to various events, take her dancing, take her to NYC, etc. Invited me to cuddle. Even invited me to have sex with her. Blew her off/made excuses until NYE, where she invited me and another guy-friend over. At the end of the night, she talked me into cuddling her on the couch while we watched a movie that she suggested she hadn't "really seen" because she ended up banging a guy the last time she tried to watch it on a couch.

HOWEVER:
It's impossible to text this girl, yet she keeps texting me. She gives 1-3 word responses or emojis to everything I say. Her maximum sentence length is around three total words. All of her invitations are commands. Rather than, "Want to go to a party?" she commands, "Come out" Never uses a question mark. Either she's an idiot, or she's just really dead set on maintaining a flippant and aloof text cover as part of keeping her emotional frame. A normal person would presume she's being purposely bitchy as second level communication to show polite disinterest, but she keeps fucking initiating or inviting me out. I only initiate so she doesn't get a wholly negative/uninterested vibe from me, but when I do, the result is more babytalk drivel.

She WILL initiate conversation or send a picture out of nowhere. It's not boredom, however, because she seems to have no intent on actually talking about anything. It's more like she's reminding me that she exists and I'm supposed to do something. But, do WHAT? She won't play along. Or, she's just setting me up to give me another "high five" emoji.

Last thing I texted her, in response to a high five emoji (which she DOES use often on social media) was just:

"Yep." (because I'm stick of her empty contributions)

I then stopped initiating. Haven't heard from her in about six days. Whoops.

What is one supposed to do in this kind of situation? Do I just accept that she's a vapid idiot with the conversational skills of a six year old? Do I call her out? Do I fight fire with fire and act just as idiotic and vapid, or will that just piss her off (as it seems to have?)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:37 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
accept that she's a vapid idiot with the conversational skills of a six year old
^This

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:28 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
accept that she's a vapid idiot with the conversational skills of a six year old
^This
How does one continue to build rapport between hangouts with this style of communicator?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:51 pm 

If you don't like how she's texting, and you can't see her, CALL HER.