Forum rules

A Sticking Point or SP is an issue you CONSISTENTLY run into.

It is NOT a point where you get stuck with ONE SPECIFIC GIRL.

A Sticking Point is:
Quote:
I keep getting LMR whenever I bring girls back to my place. This has happened at least 10 times already! What am I doing wrong?
A Sticking Point is NOT:
Quote:
I got LMR with this one girl! What do I do?
IT IS AGAINST THIS BOARD'S RULES TO POST THREADS ABOUT JUST ONE GIRL
If you have not already gone out and practiced enough to have a real Sticking Point from meeting an ABUNDANCE of women, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO POST HERE.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:13 am 
New to MPUA Forum

...within reason to help me.

I'm a very soft-spoken guy, and I know that my voice is betraying me when I go to talk to girls.

It's deep, but when I'm speaking at a normal voice, it's low to everyone else.

I feel like I'm shouting when I'm speaking at an audible tone. Like I'm using a ton of energy to get the breath out.

Some people think my voice is "adorable"

But I know that's not what girls are attracted to.

I want a commanding voice, one that doesn't make me sound shy, or worse... gay.

Please help.

P.S. I'd be willing to record my voice and e-mail it, or talk on the phone with someone to get some help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:24 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Start trying to speak from the bottom of your diaphram instead of speaking from your throat. Your posture is also critical when giving a louder voice, So straight your back and keep your chin up when you speak.

I used to be like you, and I still dip back into the mumbling/low level voice sometimes when I'm in public and reactively speak (i.e. Excuse me, Whoops Sorry man, etc.).
As for sounding too loud? Yeah, you'll always feel its too loud. I still haven't gotten over that yet but you have to bash on and get it up(your voice). A trick to sounding confident is that you don't speak too fast but concentrate on pronouncing your words in a slow confident manner.

As for developing your voice? Sing! Or just rehearse some in front of the mirror, I know it sounds stupid (it also feels stupid when you do it) but get used to just projecting your voice.

I give presentations all the time to groups of 40+ people so I had to develop my voice and got critiqued by my audience when they couldn't hear me. So I now have a strong presentation voice with a great inflexion (varying levels).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:33 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Make believe ur Samuel L. Jackson he's always yelling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:03 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Practice Practice Practice
And what i mean by this is: In the mirror! In the Car! On the Bus! Whatever!
Your Posture plays a significant Role in this, Think about how a new Singer in a choir or a new actor in a play develops there voice... Exactly! the only thing your missing is that your not having FUN with this! Eliminate your Insacureity and start saying to yourself "I AM THE SHIT!" "I HAVE A COMMANDING VOICE" And HAVE FUN! Another thing that helps is when talking USE your FACIAL EXPRESSIONS like the star actor in a play uses his in ALL your conversations. What this will do is Accentuate your voice and allign it with your facial Expressions.... Genuine

Hope that helps
Keep Gaming, Live Life- Scorpio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

You are all great, even the Samuel L. Jackson comment.

Thank you.