Forum rules

A Sticking Point or SP is an issue you CONSISTENTLY run into.

It is NOT a point where you get stuck with ONE SPECIFIC GIRL.

A Sticking Point is:
Quote:
I keep getting LMR whenever I bring girls back to my place. This has happened at least 10 times already! What am I doing wrong?
A Sticking Point is NOT:
Quote:
I got LMR with this one girl! What do I do?
IT IS AGAINST THIS BOARD'S RULES TO POST THREADS ABOUT JUST ONE GIRL
If you have not already gone out and practiced enough to have a real Sticking Point from meeting an ABUNDANCE of women, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO POST HERE.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I've been doing a ton of approaches and getting a bunch of numbers as a result. The problem is that when I text, I'm not sure of how to flirt first before asking for the date. A lot of times, I say something witty, and (in the same message) something to the effect of "We should hang out" or "When are you free?". Most of the time, they don't respond.

I'd rather have this problem than be wasting my time and energy on a long conversation that goes nowhere, but I'd like to do better in this area. Any tips?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:42 am 
English Muffin

I think it's fair to do that if you're a busy guy.

If these interactions are quick, then perhaps a little effort could turn a neutral girl into a date.

Post up your transcripts though. I see way too often people trying to be 'too alpha' with asking girls out. "Let's meet at 3am tonight, dress sexy for me'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:

If these interactions are quick, then perhaps a little effort could turn a neutral girl into a date.

Post up your transcripts though. I see way too often people trying to be 'too alpha' with asking girls out. "Let's meet at 3am tonight, dress sexy for me'
Basically, that's my problem in a nutshell. Not that quite that extreme, but the following would be a typical opening text. For background, this girl was working at a police precinct part-time. We traded contact information, and she said to text her Friday to see if she was working on Saturday.

So around 9:30PM (before I went to bed), I send her a text:

"Hey it's (cute nickname for myself). Are you booking bad guys tomorrow, or are you free to go on an adventure?"

"I made other plans for Saturday sorry".

"I know we're both busy, but how about after class during the week?"

"My classes end late"

Depending on the situation, I might get their number in 30 seconds (e.g. if we're both running between classes). But I try to make it clear that I'm getting their number with the goal of meeting up (not sure why else you would want a girl's number lol). So when I send that text, it's straight to the point.

Sometimes I try to finalize the plans on the spot when I meet them (which has worked when the girl was into me, but not as often as I'd like")

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:27 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Basically, that's my problem in a nutshell. Not that quite that extreme, but the following would be a typical opening text. For background, this girl was working at a police precinct part-time. We traded contact information, and she said to text her Friday to see if she was working on Saturday.

So around 9:30PM (before I went to bed), I send her a text:

"Hey it's (cute nickname for myself). Are you booking bad guys tomorrow, or are you free to go on an adventure?"

"I made other plans for Saturday sorry".

"I know we're both busy, but how about after class during the week?"

"My classes end late"

Depending on the situation, I might get their number in 30 seconds (e.g. if we're both running between classes). But I try to make it clear that I'm getting their number with the goal of meeting up (not sure why else you would want a girl's number lol). So when I send that text, it's straight to the point.

Sometimes I try to finalize the plans on the spot when I meet them (which has worked when the girl was into me, but not as often as I'd like")
This sounds like plain romantic disinterest.

She's absolute. She's not indicating interest. She's not proposing alternatives.

Sorry man.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:45 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
This sounds like plain romantic disinterest.

She's absolute. She's not indicating interest. She's not proposing alternatives.

Sorry man.
Thanks, but that's not the issue I'm concerned with. That was just a random example I pulled off my phone from a month ago. (Notice I didn't respond back).

My issue is that things like that happen consistently. Do I occasionally get one who's down for the date? Yes, but only after doing a ton of approaches. Do I mind doing all these approaches just to get a handful of dates? Not really, because it's fun and all, but at the same time, a higher success percentage would be nice.