Post subject: Ashtray Question
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm pretty bad with basic "magic" tricks, but I did read this one in a Maxim.
It's hard to explain without a diagram, so pay attention to which hand (left/right) I specify.

I tried this last night while sitting next to a HB7. While she's looking away, dab a little ash from an ashtray on your LEFT index finger. When she turns back, tell her you want to show her a trick blah blah.

Have her hold her hands out, palms down, and then place your hands under hers, making sure to have the index finger of each of your hands about in the middle of her palms (to avoid BS detection). Now, WITHOUT letting go with your left hand, take your RIGHT hand off and have her watch you put ash on your RIGHT index finger. While her LEFT hand is face up, dab it on her palm while she watches. Then, with her hands turned back over, do a gay magic cast or whatever, and have her turn over her RIGHT hand and see the ash you put there (when you first held her hands.) Works better on ditzes.

My question is...Does anybody know how to get the ash off of your original fingertip/prevent her from figuring it out right away?

regardless, it starts a sort of IOI just by holding her hands but I thought someone might know how to make it more effective

Hammer