Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:39 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I may be making mountains out of anthills but I just wanted to see what you guys had to say...

With stuff like facebook, it adds yet another dimension to relationships these days. Ive been 'gf and bf' with this girl for about 2 weeks now and I just changed my status to 'in a relationship' on facebook. However, she does not want to change her status. She told me that she did not like other people finding out about her personal life and she has never done it in the past with her previous bfs either. Maybe its just because shes my first real gf (im in college) so im excited to have it? She even asked me if I wanted to have her change her status, but the conversation seemed kind of awkward so I told her to do whatever she was most comfortable with.

What is the reasoning behind this? Its not a big deal, but I was just curious. I guess I am kind of hurt that she does not share my enthusiasm for our relationship even if its just on facebook, because I know she really likes me and cares about me. I mean soo many people list their relationships right?? Could this this be telling of something? Is it too early in the relationship? Thanks for the help!

-Mr.Inexperienced :?

Its not about how you fall...its about how you pick yourself up after you've fallen

nothing in this world thats worth having comes easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:02 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Girls are pretty straightforward. She is probably telling the truth, especially if she has the past experience of doing the same thing. Some women are very very private about thier relationships.

Personally, on Myspace, I keep my status set as "In a Relationship" even when I'm not...to keep the creepers away. I usually keep it correct on Facebook, but everyone is different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey, whats up, man, you should be proud of your gf. If she doesent want to make public the relationship, then she is a good, normal and healthy girl. The kind of girls that are hard to find these days. Personally, I used to make my relationships public in facebook, till I met my new gf. And just like your gf, she doesent want to make relationships public. The difference is that I never changed my status, neither did her. And we are just great like that. I just told her one day "Hey, do we keep our relationship private on facebook? I think we should" And she answered: "Yes :) I dont like to make it public". Thats all man, probably your gf is the kind of girl that wont make out like crazy in public too, and probably she is very polite. My gf is like that, and I like it. My ex gfs were nuts. Their lives depended on facebook and I think thats a bad sign. You also can realize that by the kind of pictures a girl uploads (if she appears alone in a lot of pictrues, in the bathroom, autopictures, etcetera.) Thats a bad sign, you dont want to have a relationship with one of those. Those are just to fuck. Try to live a normal life, a REAL life. Facebook sucks man, it invades your private life. So dont worry, your gf likes you a lot, my advice is that you leave your relationship as private.

Cheers! You found a good girl (thats a hard thing to do)