Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:39 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Guys, could really do with your advice.

Met this girl at uni - typical situation, I liked her but wasn't that into her - I was seeing someone else at the time, she wanted me (she likes what she can't have) and then I got her, but I was really cool about it and didnt treat her that nicely. Then I moved away after I graduated (she lived in the same city as at uni, I got a job offer in a different country 3,000 miles away).

We had been long distance for about three years (I wnated the work experience to be able to come back to my home town and earn better money and needed about three years, and she was a born and bred country girl who would never want to be away from her family and stuff).
Then I decided I did like this girl and I treated her a bit nicer, made the effort to try to move back (got a few job interviews but didnt work out), but the tables started to turn and I was becomng needy as I'd only hear from her about once a week or so and every time we spoke I was tlaking about long term plans , etc, instead of just enjoying conversation with her.

Anyway I met a girl in this other country and we got on really well - I didnt fancy her or anything and nothing happened but a friend of mine put some pics up of me and her spending time together on facebook and obbiosuly the LDR GF said I was cheating with her and thought it was time to break off the relationship. I kind of agreed with it (as I too was sick of the long distance), but now things are changing, I've got a job offer to go back there and this could have been the final breakthrough that we needed to make the relationship work... and I really miss her and think about her every day since the breakup.

So we didnt speak for at least a month and then I decided to call her up and she was shocked to hear from me and not ready to speak with me. She said 'to be honest I dont know if im ready for friendship or a relationship or anything' and then kind of rushed to finish the phone call.

The same evening i get an email from her sister saying basically 'she's had enough of your phone calls and texts (I text once and phoned once, after about a month) and if you try to call her again your number will be blocked and you are no longer welcome in the family etc etc...'

Now its been about two weeks since that email, and I really want to contact her to tell her that I'm moving back in March and want to make it work and I think it could work now with us both in the same country... I just dont know how to approach it? I dont think she'll pick up my calls, or reply to an email... but I just wnat to let her know that I do miss the relationship (I can live without her , but I do miss her) and that I'm moving over there.

Any suggestions would be really helpful , thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:25 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I don't know man. I don't know how much of a great girl she is, she must be really god damn amazing in this case.....

because if she isn't, you need to slap yourself into reality! Hah.
It seems you really got alot goin for youself, you got job offers that allow you to travel around, meet new people, experience new places...I recommend you definatly go that round, pursue your dreams! It almost seems as if your revolving your job around how flexible you can be with your girl...

It seems, just from your post, a country girl who's tied to her family and not really gona go anywhere...doesn't really make for the best LTR...or better yet a LDR. I'm not a big fan of LDR's either.

I'd say: Move on man. Pursue your dreams, travel around, make that money. And meet someone along the way who will support what you do, or sarge several women along the way! There's plenty out there man...dont let the vagina keep the bird stuck in its cage, you need to be released and fly away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Tough situation man.

As the gentlemen above me said: don't let her hold you back. I don't you are though, as you have been traveling and pursuing your dreams and goals.

In this case, i think it would be better not to call her or text her, as she clearly is still upset with you. However, if you happen to bump into her "accidently" at say a local bar that is popular, or wherever the people in your town go for fun, it wouldn't be that bad.

You could see her there, and start a conversation. It is always harder-- specially after being together for so long-- to turn a person away, when you are face to face, as opposed to the telephone.

I would only suggest this if she is REALLY worth it; if not, there are a million other girls out there at your level who can make you happy. Go with what feels right brother.

Good luck