Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

Post subject: Neg? Never
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:17 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

What is the best suggestion when your girl says things like;
Don't kiss me my breath smells
My armpits smell
and other things that show she has low self esteem do you neg and then compliment or just say it doesn't matter cause I love you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:05 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It depends if shes your gf or not for a start lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:02 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Negging is to lower shields and shake up their confidence. Why would you want to do that with a person you care about? So maybe negging is not what you mean.

"Poke-Fun-Flirting", bantering, and power playing in a relationship are fine, and fun, though. They create interesting tension, and keep things spiced up.

Your response could be truthful, playful, or emotionally beneficial. It all depends on the person you are saying it too, and how deep in the relationship you are.

What is the context this woman is saying these things in? Is she smiling? Is she serious? Is she just making a statement? Or is she asking you a question?

-If it is just a statement she is making or being fun about it, then being playful about it is fine.
-If it is in a self conscious manner, then why would you try to poke fun at it? You would want to emotionally reinforce her.
-If she is inquiring with purpose and you believe you could help? Then be serious and give her advice.

realize that (well, obviously depending on how deep you two are) you can effect her core and frame; take that into account before you make any decisions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I usually just ignore it or say something like "if I thought you smelled bad I would have said something... come here and kiss me silly". Take her hand, pull her close. Be the man with a confident smile. Playfully teasing in a sweet way is what you're aiming for. Leave your negs/cockiness at the door.

I've noticed that the more insecure a girl is, the more she likes her man to be confident and balanced. At least that way she doesn't have to worry about YOU wussing out and thinking/saying stuff about her behind her back.. just be straight with her all times and she will see you as a rock. :)

My current girlfriend is one of those shy/insecure girls, so this is an area where I've gotten quite a lot of practice lately :P

EDIT: Yeah, what Locke said. LOL