PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:06 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

aye ....I'm in a journalism class and if you ever read started reading something and right away you were urged to read more out of intrest of whats coming up next ....when we write of course we have to write something that will attract readers to read more...and when you start off with writing the first thing you need is a good lead-something that hooks the reader and makes the audience your writing to tempted to read on and find out more....soo i been trying to use my journalism skills and add it to pick up in writing these are the types of sentences you use to keep the reader interested there are more but i think these are the best

Narrative lead- A narrative opening creates immediate drama. Something is happening, and our natural instinct is to follow its outcome. We can postpone an explanation even while our curiosity grows...basically connecting that to pick up is leave your target waiting to here what you have to say next ..... its a concrete and entergetic way of introducing the topic basically the reason we are using the lead/opener

Anecdotal lead- Anecdotes are self-contained narratives (that is, they have endings), and they exploit the universal attraction of a story, the built-in desire to know what happens next, and postpones the abstract SPAM that we usually expect of such subjects. But a story or anecdote can do more than simply pep up a dry subject; it can also establish a context that makes the subject more relevant, explaining how it first came to someone's attention or attracted someone's curiosity (and is thus worthy of our own). (just think about things your curious about and write them all down and try to come up with shit to say about it...and ask someone whom you think would also be curious about it)

lead with Questions- Questions are good attention-getting openers for both readers and writers. For readers(target audience), they engage us immediately, asking us to respond, to search our own minds for some kind of provisional answer. For us as writers(pick up artists), they suggest a natural way of proceeding, either by giving our own answers immediately, or by postponing them until we summarize conventional thinking on the subject. They also make effective transitions within and between paragraphs(routines), especially in informational and persuasive writing.

lead that Correct Standing Beliefs- the citation of commonly held beliefs, then the correction of them (i would just take a widely held belief and change my belief on it..being different from what everyone else believed....lame example here: most people think man has landed on the moon....if i say i didnt think they landed on the moon you would be curious to know why right...so then i would come up wit some ridiculous answer to keep the attraction) im not sayin use that moon shit when approachin women just an example

lead with Delayed Revelations-Delayed revelation here prepares for a surprise, setting the reader(target) up for the "yet" statement...This kind of opening is a popular way to establish that there is often "news" in familiar topics(just let your target expect something she expects is going to happen and suprise them with something completely different) understand?

i posted this because it helps me to understand how to attract a target...and i was hoping it would be able help someone if anyone...if yall got any questions ask...most of this yall probably can already figure out...but its for the newbies mostly...shoot