Post subject: The One
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:17 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Ah the one. I have been there many times. It hit me especially hard whenever I started gaining weight this past year and all I had was my girlfriend. This was a recipe for disaster on my part. I knew I had to depart and get myself back. My ex and I were not on the same page with goals, so I ended it with her. I knew I had to. That was a very painful but liberating experience, separating myself from what I thought was the "one". I have done it a few times now. I always grew and looked back on what i learned through that relationship and gear myself up for the next, whenever that is.

I see and I even experience moments of "wow this girl is realllyyyy coool" a couple of times but I remember that she isn't any different. She may be unique but she isn't the reason for me to change anything about my life or my schedule.

But I know better, I know that there are millions of girls out there. I know that she should not dominate my mind. Instead I try to make our moments enjoyable. I want her to look back when she is old and gray and remember "Mr. A was a really awesome guy, I wonder where he is now". I reverse the script, I want her to think I was the one.

The one isn't a one. Stop being desperate guys. You guys need to understand that you were born on this earth alone and you leave alone. You may be surrounded by people who love you but in the end, you really have to rely on yourself. Only you can dictate what your life will be like. That girl that you have thought about day and night. What happens when you move away ? To another city ? She will be a memory until you meet another girl who catches your eye and then you will write about her in your next forum question. A woman shouldn't be the reason you go to bed every night crying. She shouldn't be the reason you should ditch your friends or your hobbies. No woman should be that special for you to ditch what you set out to do in a day. Once you get into your hobbies or your video games, does she really come to mind ? I am sure you guys experienced those moments when the world is drowned out and you are intensely focused on what you're doing. Maybe you are listening to some good tunes, maybe you are playing a video game, maybe you are at work it is so busy that you forget that you had oneitis. Bingo. It's not a thing.

Remember those moments. Try to recreate them, train yourself to not get hung up on that one girl. You will realize that it isn't worth the mental effort.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

Post subject: Re: The One
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Stop looking for 'the one' and be 'at one' with yourself.

Deep shit brah.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:48 pm 
King Among Mortals

She says she's one in a million, when I get to a million, I'll let her know if she was right.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:41 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I love this. Good stuff.