PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

The spam is getting ridiculous here. I find myself visiting the forum less and less, because having to dig through 25 topics of nonsense to get to an actual question is just appalling.

I don't know who the owner is. I don't know what relationship to said owner the mods have. But this place is falling apart and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. More mods to help keep the spam at bay is not a solution. It's not even a bandaid. It was tried and it failed.

Is anyone making any effort to solving this problem or are we wasting our time on this forum at this point?

And if you guys can get access to the domains' cpanel, but lack the tech knowhow to do it, you don't even need to hire a dev. I'll fix the stupid signup for free.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:31 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
The spam is getting ridiculous here. I find myself visiting the forum less and less, because having to dig through 25 topics of nonsense to get to an actual question is just appalling.

I don't know who the owner is. I don't know what relationship to said owner the mods have. But this place is falling apart and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. More mods to help keep the spam at bay is not a solution. It's not even a bandaid. It was tried and it failed.

Is anyone making any effort to solving this problem or are we wasting our time on this forum at this point?

And if you guys can get access to the domains' cpanel, but lack the tech knowhow to do it, you don't even need to hire a dev. I'll fix the stupid signup for free.
All that is needed is a sign up question and that would deter a large amount.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:55 pm 
King Among Mortals

x2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:04 pm 

Quote:

Am I crazy or didn't you offer to fix it when they were asking for a new mod? No idea why it wasn't fixed since then. Should've just let you fix it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:44 pm 

Some cliff notes to help clear things up:

Richard/Gambler is the owner and he doesn't come here anymore as far as I can tell.

The forum software is old, out of date, and with inadequate spam countermeasures. The fourm doesn't make money so he wont upgrade it.

All of us mods are seemingly pretty busy as none of us are really active anymore. Plus, due to the crap software its a pain in the ass to delete the spam. Once a mod does, within five minutes there is more.

Tl;dr: RIP Fourm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:

Richard/Gambler is the owner and he doesn't come here anymore as far as I can tell.

The forum software is old, out of date, and with inadequate spam countermeasures. The fourm doesn't make money so he wont upgrade it.

All of us mods are seemingly pretty busy as none of us are really active anymore. Plus, due to the crap software its a pain in the ass to delete the spam. Once a mod does, within five minutes there is more.

Sad. I guess I need to categorize and catalog all of my witty anecdotes myself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:

Not that I can't sympathize with the effort it takes to moderate this, but even with old software, couldn't there be a browser script created for the mods that would seek out these "www" in the titles and delete/ban the authors and the posts if they are made by brand new accounts?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I'm on board with everything R.C. said.

There's a group of guys here with a lot of knowledge, and it's fun. It shouldn't be left to die.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

It would be a shame to let it die. I could easily set up another forum and let those who want to make it work have Admin rights, but it would require team effort and to guide new traffic across, which is not easy and it's expensive. Not everyone has the time for that and it's incredibly hard to achieve and to get off the ground. It would need a team of committed people, but I would have many areas of a forum paid up members only and profit share set up after cost deductions to make it pay.

But what other options are there without losing the wealth of knowledge on here. I came on here looking for guidenace when struggling, to now having threesome situations with little investment and even letting women go who don't make the grade when I have too many plates spinning.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:01 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:

Is there anyway for a mod to change the level of security for new signups to make it more difficult for bots/spammers to sign up and post?

It has definitely been out of control for the past few months

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Unfortunately I think this is the end of this forum.

I allready saw haw everything was degrading. It's a shame... been here since more than 9 years ! 9years!

They left it dead.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:07 pm 

I come here and there but that is one of the reasons I have stopped coming here, because of all the spam and I have to look through the questions to find legit ones.

I don't know, maybe it's just going to take more effort to browse through but I can't completely give up on this forum...it's been so good to me. Hopefully, there can be a plan of action for this.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:04 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:

x2
Quote:
Quote:
There's a group of guys here with a lot of knowledge, and it's fun. It shouldn't be left to die.
Quote:
Unfortunately I think this is the end of this forum.

I allready saw haw everything was degrading. It's a shame... been here since more than 9 years ! 9years!

They left it dead.
Quote:
I come here and there but that is one of the reasons I have stopped coming here, because of all the spam and I have to look through the questions to find legit ones.

I don't know, maybe it's just going to take more effort to browse through but I can't completely give up on this forum...it's been so good to me. Hopefully, there can be a plan of action for this.
I have also noticed myself losing interest and coming here very rarely, most probably because of the spam, I don't know...

But I didn't realise it's that serious situation...

And yes, it would be a shame if the forum ceased it's existence (even if I'm still a new guy here).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:39 am 

The tech guy is now working on an upgrade that will eliminate the spam. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:08 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
The tech guy is now working on an upgrade that will eliminate the spam. Stay tuned.
Good to hear.