Maintaining Dominance

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Relationships

Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

Post subject: Maintaining Dominance
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:23 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys I had a quick question about maintaining the alpha-ness and staying secure in yourself while in a relatinship. I've been dating this girl for about 4 months, and recently she told me she felt like I was being a little too smothering. That got me to thinking and I realized that slowly but surely I had changed from the person who she had initially been attracted to, to the weak bf who does not maintain that dominance and alpha-ness that made her initially attracted to me. So i was going to ask you guys, how do you constantly maintain that sharpness and keep hold of who you were that made the girl attracted to you in the first place after dating for some time. I realized there wasn't one big event that changed me, but just slowly over time I kind of lost it. Is there anything specific you do to not let this happen?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:32 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

pcolore wrote:
Hey guys I had a quick question about maintaining the alpha-ness and staying secure in yourself while in a relatinship. I've been dating this girl for about 4 months, and recently she told me she felt like I was being a little too smothering. That got me to thinking and I realized that slowly but surely I had changed from the person who she had initially been attracted to, to the weak bf who does not maintain that dominance and alpha-ness that made her initially attracted to me. So i was going to ask you guys, how do you constantly maintain that sharpness and keep hold of who you were that made the girl attracted to you in the first place after dating for some time. I realized there wasn't one big event that changed me, but just slowly over time I kind of lost it. Is there anything specific you do to not let this happen?

By actually being the guy you pretend to be

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:57 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe I'm pretending. I am that guy, those are my habits, I suppose its just that I feel like now that I'm in a relationship my habits and focus are slipping slightly. I feel that the danger is that I got somewhat complacent without even realizing it, and I was just wondering if there's anything specific to make sure I notice if I'm slipping up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:11 pm 
The Grand Puba

pcolore wrote:
she told me she felt like I was being a little too smothering.
What does she mean when she says that you were a little too smothering? Unless she is saying that you are clingy/needy then this doesn't have anything to do with dominance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:08 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

JackZero wrote:
pcolore wrote:
she told me she felt like I was being a little too smothering.
What does she mean when she says that you were a little too smothering? Unless she is saying that you are clingy/needy then this doesn't have anything to do with dominance.

When we were spending time together I was being more physically affectionate than normal, and probably more talkative than normal. We're both in college, and I just started a summer class and she started her second job so we haven't had sex in a week, which is probably why I was being more affectionate. I see now that this is obviously needy behavior that needs to change.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:42 pm 

why no sex in a week? a summer class and job dont make sense

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 am 

pcolore wrote:
I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe I'm pretending. I am that guy, those are my habits, I suppose its just that I feel like now that I'm in a relationship my habits and focus are slipping slightly. I feel that the danger is that I got somewhat complacent without even realizing it, and I was just wondering if there's anything specific to make sure I notice if I'm slipping up.

Is your girlfriend the most important thing in your world or not?

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:40 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
those are my BAD habits,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

neo87 wrote:
why no sex in a week? a summer class and job dont make sense

I also have a job and she has an internship, so basically last week she worked Monday through Friday 9AM to 11PM because she was getting trained all week on top of her internship. We didn't get a chance over the weekend because we went to LA to and stayed with friends. This week the scheduling is alot better; I don't think it will be a problem as we've already had sex yesterday and likely will a couple more times this week.
And R.C., lol no. I like her, but I would place family, some friends, and schooling all before her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:09 am 

Just date more women until you feel more comfortable in relationships. Stressing about your girlfriend shows you are likely co-dependent. You can work towards establishing more of a life you value. Add things to your day to day routine that you actually enjoy and make your day more enjoyable. Actually put forth a conscious effort to step back from your daily behavior pattern of the same old same old every day, and consider what would make your days better if you did it, then commit right there, get off your ass and go do something new. If you're going out working 24/7 and focused on making money, or going out to social events or schools/hobby clubs (dance classes, drama classes, school etc. etc.) then your girlfriend is a nice addition to your free time, but she doesn't define your life. The more appealing the life you think you have, and the more fulfilled you feel in your day to day, the easier it is to imagine that someone would want to share time with you, doing the things you both love, if your girlfriend leaves, oh well, her loss, maybe she didn't enjoy the same things so why even bother with her if you have to be unhappy to be with her in the first place? You could simply find a better girlfriend with more chemistry, and it's definitely fun to do so because when you find that person, you can share more and connect in an even stronger way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:00 am 

pcolore wrote:
And R.C., lol no. I like her, but I would place family, some friends, and schooling all before her.

Then act like it. If she's feeling smothered that's because you probably put some of those things you mentioned on the backburner for her.

That how guys usually change from the person she was initially attracted to, as you put it.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.