Post subject: Social proof idea
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:44 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I while ago I needed a date for a company party. I found a girl on Craigslist who said she would do it for 70 bucks. It as risky but it went off without a hitch. I was thinking of hiring her again to approach me while I'm on a date. Having a hot chick approach me on a date would be a sure fire way to build social proof. I'm just not sure how to go about it. Should I have her approach me and hit on me? Should she just make a subtle comment about my looks? Should she say she recognizes me from somewhere? Is this even a good idea? Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Social proof idea
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 am 
The Grand Puba

If a girl goes on a date with you then you don't need social proof.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:21 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
why not

Every night, doin' you right

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:29 pm 
High Priest of Debauchery

Quote:
Quote:
why not
Because the girl who goes out on a date with you is already attracted to you, that's why. Social proof is one seduction technique intended to create attraction. In a date, all you gotta do to amplify that attraction is to escalate.

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:03 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

You are looking for a gimmick when you need to approach more instead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:11 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is all good advice so far guys. Yes, I should escalate during the date, yes I should approach more. However, on the first point, I feel that regardless of the phase of seduction, social proof will add to any attraction already there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
This is all good advice so far guys. Yes, I should escalate during the date, yes I should approach more. However, on the first point, I feel that regardless of the phase of seduction, social proof will add to any attraction already there.
I wouldn't do that because the woman you are hiring could be another obstacle and you'll need to give her time. Also, your date might get this player image of you which could be a turnoff.. You are just over complicating everything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:23 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Elaborate. If escalation is the time tested "tool" to increase attraction and also gets you where you want to be with a woman, what will increased social proof get you that escalation will not with a girl that has already agreed to go out with you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:25 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't do that because the woman you are hiring could be another obstacle and you'll need to give her time. Also, your date might get this player image of you which could be a turnoff.. You are just over complicating everything.

How would the girl I'm hiring be an obstacle? I trust her and we're kind of friends now. Your second point makes perfect sense, but wouldn't that depend on what she says and how she says it? Sure if she comes up and throws her drink on me and calls me a bastard then yea, it would give off a player vibe. What are some scenarios that wouldn't give off a player vibe? Maybe she comes up to me and comments on my looks or compliments my shirt/shoes or whatever. I really think this idea has potential and it's low investment since the girl will do it for about 30 bucks. I would ask one of my platonic gf's to do it but none of them are hot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:28 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Elaborate. If escalation is the time tested "tool" to increase attraction and also gets you where you want to be with a woman, what will increased social proof get you that escalation will not with a girl that has already agreed to go out with you?
I think it would make the job of escalating easier and leave you more room for mistakes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:40 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think it would make the job of escalating easier and leave you more room for mistakes.
Not true. I've had girls that I've known interrupt a date and it killed the mood.

The social proof from a pickup perspective works best when a girl that doesn't have you wants you because of other women. It validates the woman to get a man that demands attention from other women. When she is with you and you attempt to use social proof you are more likely to trigger insecurity and jealousy than you are to trigger greater attraction.

But you asked if it's a good idea and you've given your reasons on why you think it's a good idea and most of us don't think it will help. Why not try it and tell us how it worked out for you instead of arguing the concept?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I think it would make the job of escalating easier and leave you more room for mistakes.[/quote]Not true. I've had girls that I've known interrupt a date and it killed the mood.

The social proof from a pickup perspective works best when a girl that doesn't have you wants you because of other women. It validates the woman to get a man that demands attention from other women. When she is with you and you attempt to use social proof you are more likely to trigger insecurity and jealousy than you are to trigger greater attraction.

But you asked if it's a good idea and you've given your reasons on why you think it's a good idea and most of us don't think it will help. Why not try it and tell us how it worked out for you instead of arguing the concept?[/quote]

So it would be a better idea to have her come with me and my friends to the bar and be a wing woman?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 am 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
why not
Because the girl who goes out on a date with you is already attracted to you, that's why. Social proof is one seduction technique intended to create attraction. In a date, all you gotta do to amplify that attraction is to escalate.

you do make a great point. but it still could make things even better

Every night, doin' you right

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:13 am 
The Grand Puba

Why do you feel the need to actively look for smoke and mirrors to attract women? If you want social proof, be social and earn it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:05 am 
High Priest of Debauchery

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to actively look for smoke and mirrors to attract women? If you want social proof, be social and earn it.
Well, this op and galist. Why go for a scripted thing when the genuine thing is the better option? Genuine escalation vs. scripted social proof. Genuine social proof vs. scripted social proof.

If you're into fake things, you might as well date a sex doll with an imitation Jenna Jameson vagina where you can practice the scripted social proof on. But of course, I believe you guys would prefer the real thing; that's why you're in this forum.

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html