Post subject: Meditation?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:27 pm 
Dedicated Member

Never really tried it, read tons of comments and heard even meditating 15 minutes a day helps in all areas of life.

Anyone with more experience regarding meditating and meditation?

Post subject: Re: Meditation?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:33 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Cross,

Been doing at least 20mins a day for the last 3 weeks or so. All I can tell you so far is that I get longer and longer periods of no thoughts, which is the bread and butter of meditation. When you're properly 'present'. Starting off you will get thoughts but let them come and go as if waves crashing on the beach, acknowledge and then let go.

Because of this, I feel I can dismiss fleeting negative thoughts much more easily, which is definitely helping in all aspects of life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:16 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I've been meditating on and off for a while now. The last 2-3 months almost on a daily basis.
I believe it's a process that takes (a lot) of time before you will feel real change. Just like hitting the gym.

I can say I've been more "aware" of my surroundings but especially my own feelings. It's not that I can make them go away but I can acknowledge them and am a lot more capable of not acting upon them. Although that is not always the case.
I've also noticed I'm opening up more easily to people lately instead of just being completely sucked up in my own mind and world.

Finally being in a conversation with other people or witnessing a convo between other people you start to be able to behave as a "witness" to your own reactions but also to their reactions. You start to see how many people really grasp onto their thoughts and emotions. Which is definitely a cool thing!

Now I don't think the above has happened to me strictly because of meditation but because of working on myself in general. It does speed up the process... So yes, I think it's worth it.

I've been using an app called "Calm". It has like a 7 day course in the free version.
Have been really happy with the pro version.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:01 pm 
Dedicated Member

Thanks for answers, I don't know about you guys. But I personally have a hard time focusing doing one thing at a time, from my part it takes immense willpower to actually sit and study for college for e.g. and I'm always leaning on multitasking instead of focusing on a specific task.

This pattern of multitasking spreads in my life too, I don't have one clear goal in my life (career wise), I have so many of them (four major to be exact) and I end up doing nothing tangible in terms of advancing towards it.

So I'm in need of something radical, that will shift my life views and help me focus better. Any of your have a website that can help me deal with that?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:30 am 
Ask a mod for a custom title

You should write down goals that you can accomplish in small spurts. You have to write them down and get yourself a planner. If you want one of us to hold you accountable each week shit I don't mind. I'll ask you how your goal is coming along and as long as there is some progress than you are doing better than most people out there. Once you learn how to time manage and put in the effort you will realize how easy it was in the end. Habits man, start building up a couple. The ones you really want. Then you can worry about your other less important ones.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:38 am 

I don't do it. Never did. In my opinion it's stupid. I'm supposed to lay around doing literally nothing for 20 minutes and that's going to help me improve?
I've read about how it supposedly works, but I wouldn't pass it for more than placebo, at best. Similar to prayer.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:37 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
I don't do it. Never did. In my opinion it's stupid. I'm supposed to lay around doing literally nothing for 20 minutes and that's going to help me improve?
I've read about how it supposedly works, but I wouldn't pass it for more than placebo, at best. Similar to prayer.
This. I prefer practice to magic to improve at anyyhing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:41 pm 

That's why he should try it an for himself.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 pm 

Still, everyone has different ways. If it doesn't work out OP, search for another outlet.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:32 pm 
Dedicated Member

Thanks, I will try some of the techniques mentioned, will update (in the foreseeable future).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:00 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Have been doing it for about 2 years. Have practiced a few different forms. Have realized goals, etc.

There are a couple that are worthwhile in western culture, others are best left to hermits.

One is transcendental meditation. There's a lot of research thats been done into it and a lot more coming. Costs about a grand to learn. See Dr. Fred Travis

Since you are quite interested in better relations with women, however, i would look into non-dualism. Rupert Spira wrote a good book called "presence' which is basically a walk through of how to experience this particular form of meditation. It is very thorough, and very pleasant to read. +it is quite cheap by comparison, and imo opinion yields the same end result as TM.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:53 pm 
The Coach

Check out "The Honest Guys" on YouTube if you're trying to get into it. They have some really awesome "guided meditation" tracks on their channel.