PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:41 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello my fellow MPUA forum members! Browsed the site and found a wealth of information so I just had to join.

I'm 25 years old and recently just got out of a long relationship (1.5 years, longest I've had). I'm currently living in Los Angeles but will soon be heading to South Korea for a year.

I had never read any books or looked into forums on pickup. What actually got me interested was wanting to get laid in college and the blowing up of then popular youtube channel "simplepickup".

Here is my story and how I got into pickup.

Prior to college I had never been around any big social events, like parties or clubs. The city I was raised in was a really conservative place. I'm from a pretty religious and conservative family; I was kept under watch like a dog tied to a chain. As soon as I went off to college it was on! Thanks to my highly analytical personality I had started noticing that there were several guys going out who could get laid over and over again.

One drunken night I paired up with a guy(Novice PUA) I had seen at other parties before and asked him what he did. He took me under his wing for a brief 15 minutes and just told me to "watch and learn". Two shots and 10 minutes later we noticed a new group of about three girls walk into the house party we were at. One of the girls branched off while the other two headed towards the dance floor (balcony). Novice PUA went over to the single girl and started chatting her up. From a safe distance I analyzed every detail from the approach to the close. Having seen firsthand from another guy I became enthusiastic!

I tried my hand at approaching women but would get discouraged and hated rejection. The enthusiasm I had before quickly died off. One night after some self reflection I felt that the rejection stemmed from my body and style so for the fall/winter of 2012 - 2013 I trained intensely and got into the best shape of my life (at the time) and created a new wardrobe.

After this period in 2013 I had recently turned 21. This meant I now had access to clubs and bars. I went out every weekend and approached several women only to still get rejected. After a long conversation with my roommate (he also wanted to get into pickup) we both decided to challenge ourselves into finding out how to pickup women. We started off by winging each other and making dumb little mini challenges while we were out.

Here is a scenario: *we see a group of girls walk by
Roommate: Go up to those girls and say "insert witty line here..etc" or you have to do 50 pushups when we get back
Me: "Alright got it!"

We didn't really look or study any materials, we learned from our mistakes and just tried things out. It was all just on the spot. We would recap our nights and see what worked and what didn't.

Long story short we got rejected alot but became really good at opening sets and getting into other social circles over time. I had many good experiences with this newfound knowledge. I wasn't really the hooking up/one-night stand type of guy. I enjoyed having casual flings with NSA. Essentially I was dating and having fun with many women in a short period of time.

Ever since I was with my ex-gf I just gave up on pickup and didn't bother with it since I was comfortable. However after reflecting alot and going out with my then gf I started bumping into a ton of women who were smart, and attractive. I became less involved in the relationship and these feelings are what led me to breakup with the gf.

I enjoyed and missed the bachelor lifestyle. It works with my overall lifestyle and complements my career well.

Overall my goals are to get back into the game and become better at day game and solo game, as I move around constantly.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:18 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Welcome :)
Quote:
I enjoyed having casual flings with NSA. Essentially I was dating and having fun with many women in a short period of time.
Sounds like you already know what you're doing. Any questions as you get back on the bike just holler them out to everyone.