What book to read on relationships?


Go to page Previous  1, 2
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Tools & Techniques of Game: Meeting, Attracting and Seducing Women » Relationships


Forum rules


Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.


2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.



Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
High Priest of Debauchery
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Paradise Found
J.Daniels wrote:
Corey Wayne often gets called a misogynist, based on the whole "don't change your beliefs to match that of a woman. Be decisive and don't compromise with your life purpose" type of stuff...

Maybe different styles work for different people. For example I think Roosh, Mehow and Mystery are as good as useless... but most people like their stuff. I suppose it's how different people receive the same information.


Corey Wayne is ambivalent. He says one thing and at the next instance, he contradicts what he said in favor of the opposite advice.

_________________
Approach. Open. Escalate. Isolate

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 pm 
Offline
High Priest of Debauchery
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Paradise Found
Arch Stanton wrote:
Monsignor Crisanto wrote:

For instance, the rise of feminism which makes a lot of US women masculine have driven many American men to marry and have families with Asian women who have retained their femininity and still have a strong regard for gender roles versus gender equality that the feminists promote.



This is bullshit. If you're not more masculine than a feminist, you're not a dominant, masculine man. Turning to another country's women rather than improving yourself is a lack of awareness and initiative, and laughably sad.

Hitting the gym weights for a year will have you more masculine by default. Feminists love nothing more than to be pounded by a muscular, dominant guy, and tossed around in bed. All women do. My 21 year old gf and her roommate have feminist empowerment slogans all over their apartment walls. I respect it, especially when I read the slogans while they both blow me at the same time.


The sad reality is that this has become a trend in the US and some western countries.

It's basically memes versus genes. On a primal genetic level, women want masculine men with hard, throbbing cocks. On a memetic level, you have the prevalence of diabetes in the US and the socially conditioned thinking that men should be submissive to women. This is why the members of this forum who advocate masculinity in relationships are in the minority compared to the general population.

Gary Chapman sold +10 million copies of his book worldwide which advocates AFC behavior in relationships. Most men bought this. On the other hand, 50 Shades of Grey sold 45 million copies in the US and 27 million copies in the UK. Most women bought this. There's a strong disconnect in mainstream relationship advice on what men should do versus what most women actually want.

All of these mainstream advices that advocate more verbal communication in a heavily communicated society make men more talkative than women when what the norm in women want is less talk and more action like pussy pounding, sticking your fingers in their ass, rough sex, and such.

_________________
Approach. Open. Escalate. Isolate

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 pm 
Offline
PUA Forum Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 1358
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Monsignor Crisanto wrote:
J.Daniels wrote:
Corey Wayne often gets called a misogynist, based on the whole "don't change your beliefs to match that of a woman. Be decisive and don't compromise with your life purpose" type of stuff...

Maybe different styles work for different people. For example I think Roosh, Mehow and Mystery are as good as useless... but most people like their stuff. I suppose it's how different people receive the same information.


Corey Wayne is ambivalent. He says one thing and at the next instance, he contradicts what he said in favor of the opposite advice.


I can't think of an example of this. Never really noticed. I suppose this is everywhere, though - I mean, we're all encouraging guys to relentlessly go after their goals, yet the main goal of 50% of the guys here is getting their ex back, for which our advice is "give up" ...lol

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=191976 material for new guys

relationships/the-guys-who-want-their-back-vt192365.html to the guys who want their ex back!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline
High Priest of Debauchery
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Paradise Found
J.Daniels wrote:
Monsignor Crisanto wrote:
J.Daniels wrote:
Corey Wayne often gets called a misogynist, based on the whole "don't change your beliefs to match that of a woman. Be decisive and don't compromise with your life purpose" type of stuff...

Maybe different styles work for different people. For example I think Roosh, Mehow and Mystery are as good as useless... but most people like their stuff. I suppose it's how different people receive the same information.


Corey Wayne is ambivalent. He says one thing and at the next instance, he contradicts what he said in favor of the opposite advice.


I can't think of an example of this. Never really noticed. I suppose this is everywhere, though - I mean, we're all encouraging guys to relentlessly go after their goals, yet the main goal of 50% of the guys here is getting their ex back, for which our advice is "give up" ...lol


GFTOW is not 'give up'. It's to relentlessly pursue goals and find better options. Big difference.

_________________
Approach. Open. Escalate. Isolate

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:20 pm 
Offline
PUA Forum Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 1358
Location: Telford, Shropshire
It's essentially "give up on that goal and go after your others" really. That's what's so counter intuitive about it. The only realistic and good advice to get an ex back in most situations, in my opinion is to consider her gone forever and give up up on her unless she comes back, open to the specific situation that you want.

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=191976 material for new guys

relationships/the-guys-who-want-their-back-vt192365.html to the guys who want their ex back!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:19 am
Posts: 554
The '' I want my EX back'' thing is only temporary anyway, usually after a month [except in extreme cases] The guy is on his knees thanking God and his lucky stars from delivering him from his EX and cant figure out why the hell he put up with her for so long.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
High Priest of Debauchery
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Paradise Found
J.Daniels wrote:
It's essentially "give up on that goal and go after your others" really. That's what's so counter intuitive about it. The only realistic and good advice to get an ex back in most situations, in my opinion is to consider her gone forever and give up up on her unless she comes back, open to the specific situation that you want.


You still have an AFC mindset on a subliminal plane. What the regular forum members here who consistently advocate masculinity emphasize the idea that generic goals are easily replaceable with another generic goal but of a much higher quality. Specific goals like making one million dollars in six months are vastly different from generic goals like getting a girlfriend or getting your ex back. This is the reason why guys like Neo ask: Why do you want your ex back? Then it almost always turn out that the guy has a very generic reason: he loves her despite her treating him badly which actually translates to he has no options after further probing.

Changing a generic goal to another generic goal with an upgrade is not giving up on a goal.

"I want to play basketball in that gym."

"You can't. That gym is already closed. The nearby gym is open though and has better facilities."

Compare that to a specific goal like...

"I want to play basketball at the NBA as a professional."

"You can't. You're only good as an amateur."

_________________
Approach. Open. Escalate. Isolate

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
PUA Forum Leader

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
Posts: 1635
Monsignor Crisanto wrote:
On a primal genetic level, women want masculine men with hard, throbbing cocks. On a memetic level, you have the prevalence of diabetes in the US and the socially conditioned thinking that men should be submissive to women. This is why the members of this forum who advocate masculinity in relationships are in the minority compared to the general population.


True.

Quote:
Gary Chapman sold +10 million copies of his book worldwide which advocates AFC behavior in relationships. Most men bought this. On the other hand, 50 Shades of Grey sold 45 million copies in the US and 27 million copies in the UK. Most women bought this. There's a strong disconnect in mainstream relationship advice on what men should do versus what most women actually want.


True.


Quote:
All of these mainstream advices that advocate more verbal communication in a heavily communicated society make men more talkative than women when what the norm in women want is less talk and more action like pussy pounding, sticking your fingers in their ass, rough sex, and such.


True. And somewhere in the there, the occasional drop of sweetness.

_________________
Pickup coach. PM for direct, simple coaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 am 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:53 pm
Posts: 5032
Location: Romania
Arch Stanton wrote:
This is bullshit. If you're not more masculine than a feminist, you're not a dominant, masculine man. Turning to another country's women rather than improving yourself is a lack of awareness and initiative, and laughably sad.

Hitting the gym weights for a year will have you more masculine by default. Feminists love nothing more than to be pounded by a muscular, dominant guy, and tossed around in bed. All women do. My 21 year old gf and her roommate have feminist empowerment slogans all over their apartment walls. I respect it, especially when I read the slogans while they both blow me at the same time.


That's vague but there's a difference between whatever you mean by 'feminist empowerment slogans', and what feminism has become in the US.

You hear slogans such as "Kill all men", the so called "Rape culture" or "Wage gap", and there's always some crazy chick going ape shit over a guy saying "Hello" to her and calling that sexual harassment.

I'm sure your girlfriend is not an extremist like that, but I think that's what MC was referring to. Traditional "family roles" don't necessarily appeal to me, but if I'm not dating a "feminist" it's not because she's masculine, too masculine or more masculine than me. It's because she is not feminine.

_________________
I know my place. It's me on top of the world.

My in depth texting & dating guide.

There's no such thing as shit-tests.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:01 am 
Offline
PUA Forum Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 1358
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Monsignor Crisanto wrote:
J.Daniels wrote:
It's essentially "give up on that goal and go after your others" really. That's what's so counter intuitive about it. The only realistic and good advice to get an ex back in most situations, in my opinion is to consider her gone forever and give up up on her unless she comes back, open to the specific situation that you want.


You still have an AFC mindset on a subliminal plane. What the regular forum members here who consistently advocate masculinity emphasize the idea that generic goals are easily replaceable with another generic goal but of a much higher quality. Specific goals like making one million dollars in six months are vastly different from generic goals like getting a girlfriend or getting your ex back. This is the reason why guys like Neo ask: Why do you want your ex back? Then it almost always turn out that the guy has a very generic reason: he loves her despite her treating him badly which actually translates to he has no options after further probing.

Changing a generic goal to another generic goal with an upgrade is not giving up on a goal.

"I want to play basketball in that gym."

"You can't. That gym is already closed. The nearby gym is open though and has better facilities."

Compare that to a specific goal like...

"I want to play basketball at the NBA as a professional."

"You can't. You're only good as an amateur."


Kind of an insult at the start and slightly off topic, but you make some decent points.

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=191976 material for new guys

relationships/the-guys-who-want-their-back-vt192365.html to the guys who want their ex back!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 1738
Location: New York, NY
The Five Love Languages - G. Chapman.

_________________
If you can't take care of a plant, you can't take care of a woman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
High Priest of Debauchery
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Paradise Found
Hobbit wrote:
I'd recommend Buddhist texts. I think the building blocks for a relationship is compassion, self love, and communication. Mindfulness practices of any kind, not just Buddhism, work on the first two. They are also the hardest to change.


Sounds good. The only problem I see with the quality of this relationship advice is that Buddha or Buddhist monks didn't/don't have wives or girlfriends. In simple terms, the sample size is ZERO.

_________________
Approach. Open. Escalate. Isolate

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:08 am 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:14 am
Posts: 90
Manipulated Man, it may change your life


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: