PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I went to a bar and was feeling like a total social failure until I overheard the bartender telling some other people that she just graduated. I asked what she graduated in and she said a long degree name but that she wanted to work with people with autism and that she already has.

We got into a pretty decent conversation when I asked what is the difference between autism and Asperger's. I told her that some people have told me that they think I have Asperger's. She said I didn't appear to have the social anxiety, but she said people with that have trouble making and maintaining friendships and I said that I have that, but that I also liked to go to clubs, so that would lead her to think I don't. At one point, we talked about using alcohol to ease social anxiety and she mentioned that she BECOMES A DIFFERENT PERSON WHEN SHE'S DRUNK, but apparently I'm not at the point in my PUA career to benefit from that.

It got me think that I really do have trouble making and maintaining friendships and maybe this is the first step in my PUA career.

Eventually, she paid for one of my drinks. I drank 5, but she said she would pay for 1. I don't know why. Maybe she liked the conversation that much?

This got me thinking that a good opener with bartenders is to ask what else they do. Go to school, etc? This leads to a wide range of potential conversations.

Also, I was thinking about cold reading. I know it's mentioned, but does anyone actually do this and does it work? I don't want to come across as corny, but maybe I could tell her her future and touch her hand. What should her future be?