PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:05 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey..
Guys what do you think which should be first step to loss weight..??
As far as i think making a proper diet plan and exercise plan is most important and basic step.. share your opinion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I feel like it would probably be burning more calories than your putting in. Also eating better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

First of all .... Take a walk daily and regularly .
With this you should feel healthy and fit .
Its helps you in future . Its my own experience .
Got it !!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:06 am 
New to MPUA Forum

like anything make goals start small gradually work your way up exercise and diet are the one two punch to losing weight. I would start to diet and cut away fast food and fried foods asap and then try to go to the gym 2 days a week for about a month then 3 days a week for the next month and 4 days a week the month after and keep the 4 days a week.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:51 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Stop eating you fat fuck?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:21 pm 
Dedicated Member

Everyone's different but I lost 55 pounds a few years back, going from a bloated 255 down to 200. Not sure if it will work for you but it worked for me. I still follow the basic diet and have kept it all off since then and have tones up my body at the gym since.

Cut ALL fast food. When I say all, I mean all. I used to go out with the guys from the office for lunch every day to some burger joint or whatever five days a week. I eliminated all lunches out and I limited my going out to restaurants for dinner. Absolutely no ordering in for dinner. It's not that you can't get anything healthy at a restaurant, it's just that it's really hard too, and even the healthy stuff is probably much healthier if you make it at home. You'd shit a brick if you researched how many calories a salad will put into from a good restaurant.

I didn't eliminate carbs, but I cut them back alot and made sure that every lunch and dinner was comprised of alot of lean protein. For breakfast I eat either cottage cheese with honey, fat free greek yogurt with honey and fruit or SPAM with fruit (not the shit in packets, real SPAM that I cook in a slow cooker and portion out for the week). All three of these are great for you, get the day started right, and most importantly, keep you full (especially SPAM). That way I'm not tempted to eat snacks between breakfast and lunch. I also usually eat way more than just one recommended serving of these. I try to eat 4 hundred calories at least for breakfast. It's one of the best pieces of advice I can give honestly, and was probably the biggest contributing factor to me staying on the diet for so long.

Second, twice a week I cook off a huge batch of chicken breasts or some kind of lean white fish, or sometimes a very lean pork tenderloin. I cook it in advance, and portion it out into tupperware. Yes it gets boring but I use different spices and herbs sometimes to change it up, but the idea is the same. If I have it prepared for me, then I'm not tempted to go to work without a lunch to eat and forced to go get something unhealthy etc. So I keep small batches of lean meat cooked and ready, along with a bowl full of cut up lettuce for salads, some home made vinaigrette (make your own with some vinegar and honey and olive oil at home, yes there's a good bit of fat in it, but it's olive oil and it's good for you.) I also keep my freezer stocked full of frozen veggies that you can steam in the microwave. So my typical lunch and dinner consists of a healthy serving of lean meat, and a side of salad or veggies. I allow for big portions, since most veggies you'd have to eat a shit load to actually get alot of calories out of them.

For snacks in the afternoon I have an apple, grapes, greek yogurt or something along those lines. Sometimes nothing at all.

I limit my intake of pasta, bread or potatoes to when I'm out at a restaurant or at a persons house for dinner or something. I eat higher calorie veggies like corn, carrots and sweet potatoes every couple of days. Instead I eat veggies like green beans, asparagus, onions for flavor, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli etc. They are just much better for you in general than corn or potatos and you can eat all of them that you want. There are even some studies that say your body burns more calories digesting green beans, onions and asparagus than you get by consuming them. So it's like you're eating nothing but gaining nutrients and getting full.

For fat I rely on olive oil and fatty fish. I use olive oil sometimes to cook my meat, I put it on my salads etc. and I try to eat salmon and tuna regularly.

When I first started the diet I really didn't have time for exercise so the most I got was thirty minutes of walking in the afternoon, and probably did that only one to two times a week, but I still lost the weight fairly quickly. If you follow this diet and go on a good workout routine, you'd probably want to consider upping the calories. I stayed around 1600-1700 calories a day, but you might want to shoot alittle higher if you workout alot or if you are starting from a weight that is much higher than 255.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

95% of weight loss is a proper diet. Get a food plan that tells you exactly what to eat, how much to eat and when to eat it. Try finding a food plan that is not a weight loss plan but a plan that you can use for life. It will teach you how to eat in the long term.

Don't cheat. Look at your body like a car and only put in the best fuel for it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:35 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

first start counting calories, find out how many you need a day to keep you going, and then take away 300-500 cals. Find your macros (protein, carbs, fat) and keep them everyday. Start running and/or weightlifting.
start there, it's a good start. don't overthink, keep it simple

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:55 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

All this complicated bullshit. There's no need for it!

I lost 56 pounds over a period of five months simply by cutting out fizzy drinks(Coke, Sprite, etc.) and chocolate. The weight just dropped off me and i've never looked back!

Stop drinking fizzy drinks, get bottled water instead.

Stop eating chocolate and snacking in between meals.

Get a set of dumbbells that are 10-15kg and work on your back, shoulders and arms for about 5-10minutes each day with a rest day every two days or so(You're not lifting anything heavy but it still makes a difference to rest all the same). Keep that up and the weight will shed off you.

I don't run and I hardly do much meaningful walking besides to the shop every second day(About 40mins to and from). Needless to say i'm not the most active of people given i've lost so much weight. It's all down to cutting out the bad stuff like fizzy drinks and chocolate and sticking with breakfast and a big meal for dinner. The weights no matter how heavy they are will help you tone up. You will notice the difference in your shoulders, arms and back if you're using 15kg's. If you can't handle that then go to 8kg, that's still going to make a difference.

Don't make this a chore and overcomplicate it. Don't bother counting calories. Don't bother doing stupid diets, just stop eating so much. It's going to be hard for the first two weeks but after that your stomach will begin to shrink and you won't feel the need to eat as much and find yourself full with less food.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
just stop eating so much.
This is essentially 100% true. What that being said, I do suggest you take GamesSN advice and if you are incapable of following it, let me know and I may be able to help you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:19 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Working on weight loss? Then you probably want results -- fast.

Let me save you some time: skip the fad diets. Their results don't last. And you have healthier options you can start on -- today!

fruit and vegetables on scale

You can safely lose 3 or more pounds a week at home with a healthy diet and lots of exercise, says weight loss counselor Katherine Tallmadge, RD.

How to Lose Weight Fast

If you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds.

If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.

For instance, if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very important not to cut calories any further -- that's dangerous.

Limiting salt and starches may also mean losing more weight at first -- but that's mostly fluids, not fat.

"When you reduce sodium and cut starches, you reduce fluids and fluid retention, which can result in up to 5 pounds of fluid loss when you get started," says Michael Dansinger, MD, of NBC's The Biggest Loser show.

Diets for Fast Weight Loss

Dansinger recommends eating a diet that minimizes starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. For rapid weight loss, he recommends focusing on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.

Here are more tips from Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD, author of The Flexitarian Diet :

Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
Drink plenty of water.
Get tempting foods out of your home.
Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table. No grazing in front of the 'fridge.
Don't skip meals.
Keeping a food journal -- writing down everything you eat -- can also help you stay on track.

"Even if you write it down on a napkin and end up throwing it away, the act of writing it down is about being accountable to yourself and is a very effective tool for weight loss," says Bonnie Taub Dix, MA, RD, author of Read It Before You Eat It .

Besides jotting down what you ate, and when, you might also want to note how you were feeling right before you ate it. Were you angry, sad, or bored? We often focus so much on foods and calories, but our emotions are a huge part of our eating habits.

If you see a persistent pattern in your emotional eating, please consider talking to a counselor about it. They can be a big help in finding other ways to handle your feelings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:21 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I think first step is having healthy lifestyle.
However, in this 1st step, it's many periods. For example, you must drink much water before meals, eat more fruit and vegetables (I recommend avocados for your salad, if you have doubt, you may want to see how avocados helps you at this link https://wikihomenutrition.com/avocados-health-benefits/)

Second is eat in front of mirror, this is just a tip that help you watch yourself :)))
Eat big breakfast, medium lunch and small or light dinner. Don't even think about junk food cause it's really unhealthy and weight-gain. In such that meals, you might not eat much white food like rice or bread, soy...
The last thing is to brush your teeth after having meals :))
Besides, doing exercise or go to the gym also help you to loose weight.
Let's have some try this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:26 pm 
King Among Mortals

I smell some copy paste around here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:31 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I have been on my own diet plan for about 2 weeks now and I’m seeing some improvement on my training plan. Just to clarify my main goal with the coming 8 weeks is to reduce body fat and I don’t mind if I gained some muscle mass in the process.
I tried butternut squash soup for lunch. I'm in love with squash because it not only easy to cook but also very rich in nutrient. There is very little fat in squash. It provides a diversity of vitamins, some of which exist in considerable amounts.
Check out this site for more knowledgable information: https://wikihomenutrition.com/squash-health-benefits/
I usually check food's components there. Nice to share with you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

hii,
to weight loss
choose low card diet
eat when hungry
Avoid fruits
Stress less and sleep more
Exercise daily
drink more water.
ISO 9001 Certification in bangalore
ISO 27001 Certification in Mumbai