PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:28 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

... not just Homer, I guess. Not sure if it's a scientific term though :>

Can be coincidence but I noticed this with almost every girl since I got into pickup:
> The moment you pretend not wanting them to do something, they want to do it. <
"You really shouldn't...", "We really can't...", "I really don't want you to..."

So far so good. However I have troubles proceeding. Seems no matter how long or short I play around with this concept, the moment I switch and finally try to make it happen they turn again.

E.g. (text game, 2 days ago):
*talking about creepy stuff, a series, blabla*
"Ah I'd love to watch a horror movie with you sometime, but I know we can't since you're too scared right?"
she "Hmm yeah, but I like to be scared haha"
she "I mean I like horror movies but I'm also very scared"
"Haha ok I'll get back to it later on"
she "Haha let's see if I wanna be scared for 3 weeks"

Now of course she hasn't said no by now but I'm pretty sure the next time I actually get back on it she'd probably turn and twist it and in the end say no. At least that's what happened couple of times in the past. (That last sentence is like laying the first brick for an escape plan..)

How do you guys deal with that? Consider that a no in the first place?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:40 am 
The Grand Puba

The first brick in her escape plan is when you said this:
Quote:
"Ah I'd love to watch a horror movie with you sometime, but I know we can't since you're too scared right?"
To you that may seem like reverse psychology but the reality is it's just giving her a reason to not have to say "no" at that moment. If you want her to watch a horror movie with you then you should just invite her instead of trying to put her in a position to say "yes" because she's the one that said she'd do something even when you said it was a bad idea.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:32 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ok this came out a bit wrong since I tried to translate the texts to english and failed a bit. In this particular case inviting her over is not as easy as we don't live in the same city.
But generally speaking: Do you recommend avoiding "reverse psychology", or is your diagnosis that I fail at using it? (Wish I'd remember another example from the past)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:37 am 
The Grand Puba

Same city or not, you are offering her an excuse to not watch a movie with you. You have to make plans with her if you want to see her. Don't give her a reason to use that will allow her not to follow through with the plans.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Same city or not, you are offering her an excuse to not watch a movie with you. You have to make plans with her if you want to see her. Don't give her a reason to use that will allow her not to follow through with the plans.
What I forgot was that in the past she told me she was too afraid to watch scary things (at that time I didn't intend to do so by the way). That was what made me put it like this. But I hear you though and I'll keep it in mind for the future. Thanks man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:46 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It works for me. Especially during the "final moments" (about to have sex the first time). I'll say, "..you know we're not supposed to be doing this"...as I'm pulling her panties off. It does three things: 1. It makes you look like a rule-breaker (you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing). 2. It makes it seem taboo to her (which makes it hotter for her). And 3. It gives her an excuse later...."...well, we weren't supposed to be doing it anyway".

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
It works for me. Especially during the "final moments" (about to have sex the first time). I'll say, "..you know we're not supposed to be doing this"...as I'm pulling her panties off. It does three things: 1. It makes you look like a rule-breaker (you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing). 2. It makes it seem taboo to her (which makes it hotter for her). And 3. It gives her an excuse later...."...well, we weren't supposed to be doing it anyway".
Huge difference between being in the moment about to have sex as opposed to trying to get a girl to go out with you. Not that I'm saying to give her an out when you're in the process of pulling her panties down is a good idea...but during escalation it usually is a turn on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:35 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Huge difference between being in the moment about to have sex as opposed to trying to get a girl to go out with you. Not that I'm saying to give her an out when you're in the process of pulling her panties down is a good idea...but during escalation it usually is a turn on.
I actually picked that up from several girls saying that to me. Me being the gentleman.. I just ignored it an continued on. haha. No problems ever with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:48 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
Quote:
I actually picked that up from several girls saying that to me. Me being the gentleman.. I just ignored it an continued on. haha. No problems ever with it.
Right. So you are advising a guy to do something you've never done? Makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
Just ASD poppin up.