Black lives matter movement is nonsense



Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Miscellaneous




Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:35 pm 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 3460
I grew up in a semi-rough neighborhood i seen it all. I grew up in The Bronx in the 90s. If you want out, then get out. My neighborhood was cleaned up BY the cops. I thank them. Some days I didn't go out because there would be negative influences around. I almost got sucked into these idiots mindset. Now half of them are dead and half of them are in jail. A few of them moved.


I thank the law enforcement. The fact that the movement can't look within to answer for the problems in their community is hilarious. And before you say I am white and I don't know what it's like, I am LATINO. I had the odds against me and I made the right decisions.

A culture that says "snitches get stitches" only protects the thugs and the criminals. Once the police kill one of their own....they rally and cry out. When a drug dealer kills one of their own and he's the same race, they are like "R.I.P Lil boogy"

I dare you to call me an uncle tom haha. Utter insanity. I had less! And I made it out and on my own. I thank my parents for providing for me and i thank the system for giving me opportunities that I wouldn't have had. I received assistance and I worked my ass off to get out of their monthly free money. I don't rely on the government anymore. People who came to America to give their children a better life deserve to be helped if they lack skills. Their children are not going to receive the same kind of sympathy from me. You are given opportunities but if you stay there and are entitled, that's on you.

Me? I thanked the system and told the system I don't need them anymore. My parents don't know English fluently and they never really finished school back in their country. I try to help them learn some things so they can be off the system but it might not come to fruition since they are older and well, they understand the situation and they never complain. I think they are banking on me and my brothers to help them in old age. That is a perfectly reasonable expectation since they moved out of their country and moved here so we can have more opportunities. I will return the favor someday and it will happen.

_________________
In a funk? Read this

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this-game-vt197398.html?hilit=Patience%20in%20this%20game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:43 am
Posts: 741
Location: Venus
The 1% that speaks out the truth. The rest shout injustice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:43 am 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 3460
HT23VWY67 wrote:
The 1% that speaks out the truth. The rest shout injustice.


Lol, I wouldn't say that just yet. All I know is I don't live off the system. It's a slap in the face to the those that work hard. I remember being 14 and working in my uncles diner. Most of the workers there were immigrants. They took initiative and asked me how to say certain phrases in English. I never mocked them or turned them away because they genuinely wanted to learn. I can respect people like that.


Same thing with my employees. They are indecisive (most of them are women) so I have to pretty much make final decisions in my head because they will indirectly beat around the bush and I will be like "so you meant this" and they are like yeah and this and this. Lol.


This goes to the argument about there being a glass ceiling for women too. The position was open and I was only a temporary hire at the time. The people (mostly women candidates) who have been there longer were indecisive about taking the position and then I applied. I knew I didn't have the managerial skills but I was prepared to fail and learn. The other candidates were indecisive, scared about conflict and I pretty much took advantage of that. Who's fault was it ? No one told them they can't apply, no one told them not to take the job. The hiring person was a woman! A couple of them were actually discouraging me from taking it. They were like "gossip this" gossip that. It was nonsense.

They just were indecisive. I pretty much said fuck it and went for it. Here I am, it took me about 2 months to really get the hang of the job but I am liking it a little more. So there is no gender discrimination. My employees are okay with their positions and never once uttered a word about me taking it. It is what it is. You get what you put in. They didn't want it. You can't force people to want it. If women want to have other plans than running and being in highly stressful jobs in upper management then let them. Don't condone woman on woman violence if the woman doesn't want to move up the corporate ladder and wants to have a family.

_________________
In a funk? Read this

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this-game-vt197398.html?hilit=Patience%20in%20this%20game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:51 pm 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 3460
The more I think about this issue, the more aware I have always been. I have been in an affirmative action for college. I was smarter than most of my peers and I grasped concepts and material better. Even with adhd, I had raw intelligence but poor work ethic.

I never could understand why, but I got in with lower scores and I always felt a little ashamed of it. It's like "hey, you're disadvantaged, come have a seat"


Luckily I never took it for granted. i watched as some of the other people in my program drop out or just screw up along the way. They took it for granted. I never did. I took advantage of it. There is no systemic racism. Even those that got into the colleges via affirmative action, they still failed because of their own doing and not because the school set them up for failure. I always got emails from our sponsors and people who ran the program that they had tutors for us available if we needed extra help.

These tutors were for only the affirmative action students and not for the rest of the college. Can you believe in racism if the system is literally giving you the tools to succeed but you don't take them and end up dropping out. I am glad I don't follow nonsense. I took those resources and made the most of it. Fuck the victim mentality. I had to play catch up with some of the people who got into the college with regular scores. I worked my ass off to catch up. I made sure I made the most of it.

_________________
In a funk? Read this

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this-game-vt197398.html?hilit=Patience%20in%20this%20game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:57 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:43 am
Posts: 741
Location: Venus
I believe in granting people opportunities but there is a limit. That limit has been crossed above and beyond.

Giving a kid a full ride scholarship to an engineering program when he is struggling to pass basic Algebra and lacking basic reading comprehension skills, while his peers are placing into Calculus II because of their hard-earned AP class credits, is downright a disservice to the individual, the taxpayers, and the actual students worthy of acceptance.

Good for you that you took a different approach to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:52 pm 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 3460
HT23VWY67 wrote:
I believe in granting people opportunities but there is a limit. That limit has been crossed above and beyond.

Giving a kid a full ride scholarship to an engineering program when he is struggling to pass basic Algebra and lacking basic reading comprehension skills, while his peers are placing into Calculus II because of their hard-earned AP class credits, is downright a disservice to the individual, the taxpayers, and the actual students worthy of acceptance.

Good for you that you took a different approach to it.



That's what I am saying. I never realized how it could be a problem. You are putting kids that have a potential of failure because they don't have the credentials. I was fortunate enough to have a mindset of working hard so I didn't fall victim to a lazy mentality. I agree on the opportunity but trying to make have more kids accepted when there are kids who drop out of the program or just fail is just silly.

But on the other hand I like it. Say I had the potential to go to a school but I didn't have the funds. I would agree that if affirmative action looked at income instead of race, I would be cool with that. Because I sure as hell know my family couldn't afford the tuition.



I went through the same system and made the most of it. I am trying to find out what the issue is. Even my roommate who didn't even go through affirmative action and he's Dominican tried to angle it in a way that I don't know how it's like. He tried to come at me with the foodstamps angle. I've been on foodstamps temporarily and that shut him down quickly... I have been through most of the shit. I'd like for one person to give me a reason to complain about. I expect to be called a "sellout" because there is no argument for my experience. Especially since I went through the same system they have been in.

Less complaining, more hard work.

_________________
In a funk? Read this

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this-game-vt197398.html?hilit=Patience%20in%20this%20game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:07 pm 
Offline
The Grand Puba
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm
Posts: 5792
Location: Los Angeles
You guys may or may not have good points on this issue...but don't you think that it may be a little divisive for a pickup forum, especially since it starts off in such a dismissive stance that will actually create an argument that can't end up in a mutual understanding/acceptance? I'd hate to see people end up bitter with someone and not accepting good pickup advice because they are taking up a polarizing position on what many believe to be a sensitive topic.

I'm sure that there's a place for this discussion...but that place really isn't here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:10 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:43 am
Posts: 741
Location: Venus
Love, peace, and apple pie.


Last edited by HT23VWY67 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:15 pm 
Offline
The Grand Puba
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm
Posts: 5792
Location: Los Angeles
HT23VWY67 wrote:
Ok but I was just commenting to his thread.

College admissions, especially to competitive programs, should be based largely on merit.
I get that...but it's an inflammatory topic and if it gets going it's going to go down a road that wouldn't be good for the forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:34 pm 
Offline
Ask a mod for a custom title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 3460
JackZero wrote:
HT23VWY67 wrote:
Ok but I was just commenting to his thread.

College admissions, especially to competitive programs, should be based largely on merit.
I get that...but it's an inflammatory topic and if it gets going it's going to go down a road that wouldn't be good for the forum.



You have a point. I guess I'll stop my rant here.

_________________
In a funk? Read this

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this-game-vt197398.html?hilit=Patience%20in%20this%20game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:49 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:14 pm
Posts: 665
Mr. Assertive wrote:
I grew up in a semi-rough neighborhood i seen it all. I grew up in The Bronx in the 90s. If you want out, then get out. My neighborhood was cleaned up BY the cops. I thank them. Some days I didn't go out because there would be negative influences around. I almost got sucked into these idiots mindset. Now half of them are dead and half of them are in jail. A few of them moved.


I thank the law enforcement. The fact that the movement can't look within to answer for the problems in their community is hilarious. And before you say I am white and I don't know what it's like, I am LATINO. I had the odds against me and I made the right decisions.

A culture that says "snitches get stitches" only protects the thugs and the criminals. Once the police kill one of their own....they rally and cry out. When a drug dealer kills one of their own and he's the same race, they are like "R.I.P Lil boogy"

I dare you to call me an uncle tom haha. Utter insanity. I had less! And I made it out and on my own. I thank my parents for providing for me and i thank the system for giving me opportunities that I wouldn't have had. I received assistance and I worked my ass off to get out of their monthly free money. I don't rely on the government anymore. People who came to America to give their children a better life deserve to be helped if they lack skills. Their children are not going to receive the same kind of sympathy from me. You are given opportunities but if you stay there and are entitled, that's on you.

Me? I thanked the system and told the system I don't need them anymore. My parents don't know English fluently and they never really finished school back in their country. I try to help them learn some things so they can be off the system but it might not come to fruition since they are older and well, they understand the situation and they never complain. I think they are banking on me and my brothers to help them in old age. That is a perfectly reasonable expectation since they moved out of their country and moved here so we can have more opportunities. I will return the favor someday and it will happen.



There is little difference between black and white marijuana usage - in fact for those 18-25 white marijuana usage is actually HIGHER than black marijuana usage. Yet blacks are 3 to 4 times MORE likely to be arrested for marijuana usage.

That's just one example. There are plenty of other facts that show that it's obvious that there is still a significant racial negative racial bias towards blacks.

I won't deny that black on black crime is a serious issue. But when you intentionally and systematically put laws in place to ensure that blacks (and other colored persons) do not have the same access to high paying jobs, to a good education, do you expect the effects of that to disappear overnight? When you have created an entire culture made specifically to keep someone of a certain skin color poor, do you expect that culture to change overnight?

No problem with affirmative action once it is done correctly. You cannot abuse a whole segment of society for centuries and then give them a handshake and tell them to dust themselves off. The theory of natural justice dictates that if you do a wrong, you must compensate.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Can we be honest?

We want your email address. Let me send you the best seduction techniques ever devised... because they are really good.
close-link