PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:17 pm 
Dedicated Member

I've met very few men in my life that were okay with women 'doing more than them' so to speak.
I think part of the reason is the biological factor- men want to be providers, protectors, the stronger sex- and the other is the patriarchal societal role.

For example, whenever I dated men that were below my education or future earning potential (was a student back then), they had issues. They'd make indirect negative remarks, and overall acted sensitive and insecure about their position in life.

All of the relationships that I've seen, on average, the men are 'superior' to the women, be it in education, career, money, etc. Either they are on the same level, or higher.

In fact, I can't recall a single case where the woman was significantly more successful than her partner. Not saying it can't happen.

With men, we've all seen our share of lawyer marries hairdresser stories. Studies still show that men prefer to be smarter, more capable, more successful than women. When women outshine their partners, there is resentment on the part of the male.

So, opinions? I'm only asking this situation as far as long term relationships.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:41 pm 
The Grand Puba

Wait!!! Are you saying that you'd be okay with being a provider, protector, and the stronger sex in a relationship?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:18 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

She's saying that it may happen to her and asking us for an opinion.

Anyway, my ex GFs were wealthy (inherited), more than me, it was never really a problem as we didn't have a luxurious lifestyle.

But I gotta admit we had to move to one of her houses and I made it clear that as soon as possible (me being financially more secure) we were going to sell that flat and get another (meaning she would put 300k from selling her flat and I would've paid another 300k so we would've got a 600k flat closer to the centre of Rome).

It never really troubled me she was wealthier than my family, but I never liked the idea of women having to work to sustain a family, I think a woman should do a job she likes because she likes, not one she does not like because it's needed, I would never be ok with that and I would feel like a failure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:23 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
She's saying that it may happen to her and asking us for an opinion.
Let her answer. It's a simple question that was directed at her and not your interpretation of what she's saying.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:37 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Quote:
Wait!!! Are you saying that you'd be okay with being a provider, protector, and the stronger sex in a relationship?

LOL.

I would love to have a sugar mama!!!

edit: before you quote me and ignore Jack zero's rational question, stick to the subject OP and answer his question.

pua-lounge/the-importance-patience-this ... his%20game

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:12 pm 

Quote:
I've met very few men in my life that were okay with women 'doing more than them' so to speak.
I think part of the reason is the biological factor- men want to be providers, protectors, the stronger sex- and the other is the patriarchal societal role.

For example, whenever I dated men that were below my education or future earning potential (was a student back then), they had issues. They'd make indirect negative remarks, and overall acted sensitive and insecure about their position in life.

All of the relationships that I've seen, on average, the men are 'superior' to the women, be it in education, career, money, etc. Either they are on the same level, or higher.

In fact, I can't recall a single case where the woman was significantly more successful than her partner. Not saying it can't happen.

With men, we've all seen our share of lawyer marries hairdresser stories. Studies still show that men prefer to be smarter, more capable, more successful than women. When women outshine their partners, there is resentment on the part of the male.

So, opinions? I'm only asking this situation as far as long term relationships.
You should probably Google "confirmation bias" and read up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:58 pm 
Dedicated Member

Warped,

You have a point. I'm not saying it's not possible. Of course there is that possibility that I'm interpreting my way. Perhaps I partially am. But I'm telling you this confirmation bias may also largely be influenced by what I've seen and experienced time and again. Plus, plenty of studies going around reflecting this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:25 pm 

Quote:
Warped,

You have a point. I'm not saying it's not possible. Of course there is that possibility that I'm interpreting my way. Perhaps I partially am. But I'm telling you this confirmation bias may also largely be influenced by what I've seen and experienced time and again. Plus, plenty of studies going around reflecting this.
Read it again. And next time, take responsibility for your dating life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:49 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Quote:
Warped,

Read it again. And next time, take responsibility for your dating life.

I do take responsibility. I try to date people on my own level and not repeat the same mistake 5 times.

As far as sugar mommas are concerned, I guess you would be totally okay being treated as property.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:51 pm 

Not talking about financially. I'm talking about the type of guys. Like I said. Reread what warped said.

And you haven't answered Jacks question. Lol. Stick to the subject.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:57 pm 
Dedicated Member

I've never fancied the idea of dating someone significantly above me. I've done that twice, and never again. These men were not only extremely successful, but very neurotic and authoritative.

I would prefer someone on my level.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 pm 

Quote:
I've never fancied the idea of dating someone significantly above me. I've done that twice, and never again. These men were not only extremely successful, but very neurotic and authoritative.

I would prefer someone on my level.

Still haven't answered Jacks question.