Forum rules

A Sticking Point or SP is an issue you CONSISTENTLY run into.

It is NOT a point where you get stuck with ONE SPECIFIC GIRL.

A Sticking Point is:
Quote:
I keep getting LMR whenever I bring girls back to my place. This has happened at least 10 times already! What am I doing wrong?
A Sticking Point is NOT:
Quote:
I got LMR with this one girl! What do I do?
IT IS AGAINST THIS BOARD'S RULES TO POST THREADS ABOUT JUST ONE GIRL
If you have not already gone out and practiced enough to have a real Sticking Point from meeting an ABUNDANCE of women, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO POST HERE.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:31 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hopefully this is the correct sub. I'm old and have always had very little success with girls.

So I've made maybe 50 approaches or so now since reading a few books on game, watching vids, and deciding to give it another go so as to avoid dying a 'nearly' virgin.

The first approach was an F-close! And then the next 49 were all fairly bad interactions, with the exception of one where I was able to make out with a girl.

With most of those 48 bad approaches, I was often ignored after my opener, or I ran out of things to say straight away, or I completely lost the girls interest, or, in one case, the girls pretended to be foreign and not understand me in order to get away!

So, my thoughts: (i'd appreciate thoughts on these)

Firstly, i'm wondering whether i'm drinking too much. I only do night game and like to think I can handle my beer, but last night I heard a recording of myself from Saturday night (and not even at the end of the night) and I could hear myself getting words mixed up and sounding pretty damn drunk. So, for one i'm hoping that I can use this as a possible factor in my lack of success.

Secondly, My openers. I've noticed a pattern (if you can call it that)
Both of my only 2 good interractions happened after I opened using canned openers/bordeline routines. (basically pretending to know the girl from som ridiculous made-up event to make her laugh)
However, when i open in a 'normal/natural' way, the interraction is often very formal and stilted.

It all started when I was getting stuck with 'openers' and people kept screaming at me ''Just say 'hi'!!!''.
But what then happened was I'd find myself walking up too a girl, smiling and saying 'hi'' and then have her look a bit confused as to why a stranger was talking to her, but she'd reluctantly say 'hi' back, and then I'd kind of have nothing! I had one or 2 very awkward situations where I just looked at her after she said hi!!

I think I was stupidly waiting for her to carry the conversation.

I now realise that it's all on me, but at the same time, I feel I have to open with something silly in order to inject some fun into the interactino to stop it from being like a job interview

Thirdly
Conversation starters. Not openers. But what to say after teh opener. Personally, i'll tend to ask who they are with or how their night is going or sometihng. Is there any magic to this? Am I missing some good 'conversation starters' that i've yet to discover? How would you guys start a convo after opening with a random girl in a bar?

fourthly
Being unable to implement things and 'lines' that i've read. Even forgetting how to react to a shit test (so instead of agreeing/amplify, i'll be defensive, even though i know it's wrong, But in the moment I forget).

It's like, even though i've read a number of books now, I'm still not really sure what i'm supposed to be doing. I'll be talking to a girl, and i'm thinking, ''right...we're having a conversation. Am I supposed to say something now to move onto the seduction stage? In fact, what stage am I even at? What are the sort of line/things that i'm supposed to start saying now?'' etc etc

So I kind of don't know what i'm supposed to be doing, and even if I did, my brain is working so hard to work it out, that I come across like a nervous robot since i'm using all of my brain power on sorting and retrieving the info~!

Lastly, i'm wondering if reading about the success of others is hurting my self esteem/confidence too much. I was reading some pickup forums earlier, and everyone is lke ''just banged by 60th girl of the year. It's too easy bla bla bla'' and i'm not sure whether people are just making it up, or whether there's something wrong with me which means i'm unable to learn in the way these guys clearly do (asuming they're not just living a fantasy). Or i'm just leGit UGLY!!!! :)

I've probably missed some stuff, but they're my main thoughts for now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:30 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Have you read the book models? Its more a book about being yourself but has nice tips that I do think will help 100%

It will let you forget about worrying what to say and be more comfortable with yourself and increase confidence.

Keep on reading and practicing though it will come naturally. Dont be that guy who says lines and then once they're out, you are back to your lame yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:52 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Hey, man.
No, i've not read models. I've seen it mentioned a fair bit, though.
But from what I gather, there's little in there about outer game and technique etc. It's all about developing a brilliant lifestyle and getting rich and stuff, but my lifestyle isn't gonna get better anytime soon, so i'd rather try to get better at outergame for now

I know what you mean about being that guy that says a line and then goes back to being lame.

I had an interaction about a week after reading my first book, and I found myself shoe-horning in various 'lines' , but they all just crashed and burned! lol. Like I read a line about saying ''you and me woudn't get on, we'd argue too much'' to build attraction, and I said it, and she was like ''Errrrrrr.....OK?....'' and then I had nothing to say and was wracking my brain to remember the next line I could use! haha.

Can yuo recommend any books specifically suited to outer game for use in the UK, and in night game.

I've read lots, but lots of it is aimed at US people where I tihnk there are subtle cultural differences. For example, introducing yourself and saying 'hi' is recommended, but doing that in a bar in the UK would tend to be seen as very formal. A bit like a job interview. I feel it wold put the girls a bit on guard?
Also, most of the books are on day game, and I only get to approach in bars at night.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Ya just go read that man, you will be golden. You can mix up your natural game with your lines to spice things up as a boost, but honestly if a girl likes you its hard to mess it up as long as you keep escalating. And actually the book even says you can be a low life/bum and still be able to attract girls.
Read it.