Post subject: Re: The Newbie Mission
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I went out to do the newbie mission, I thought I could do it easily but when I went to the mall, the first time I tried to say hello to a girl my voice went dead. But I didn't stop there I tried again but this time it was very low volume sound, and every time same thing was happening to me. After mall I went to local market of sector-15, Chandigarh, although this I felt better but my voice became louder than before but not satiable, so I guess this is the first time I have tried to face my fear and insecurities.
Next I'm thinking about going in alone, this time my friend was with me whole time.
And I'm feeling energised and good despite I failed in the mission. I want to keep this feeling with me for the next time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Well i gave the mission a half hearted attempt today as i was going to school on my bike and it was kinda getting late, and i got mostly positive results. I commute on a bicycle, so there's constant stopping at redlights. I mostly just said hi to the cute girls, and most of them smiled back at me. Trouble is i live in Kyoto, Japan. My japanese isn't nearly good enough. Even with this, i am happy with the results. My AA has been improving quite a lot since i've been here (it's been a month already). My AA is not that bad, but i'm an overthinker and it suddenly kills my mood.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:42 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

After reading the OP yesterday i decided that i should try the newbie mission today. Every day i go to classes i travel by train to get there and i tought it would be a good opportunity to try the mission out. However it was a lot harder for me than i tought it would be. I kept thinking about the mission but kept failing to actualy say "hey" to someone. My first day was a fail, well tomorow is another day. There is a long way to go for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:44 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: shadowdtat
saying hi and smiling is normal for me, as I'm actually a very friendly person. and I promise I'll post on here the next time I go out...not trying to waste space on this posting (I know you said not to post unless we've completed this mission) but I have a small question that relates to this. Is there a few good approaches I can incorporate into this, aside from just saying "hello, hi, or how ya doin'?" just a light question to help not just me, but others that read this posting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:09 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: shadowdtat
I did a successful Newbie mission today. It went great! I went to the mall today, and just walked around for about 3 hours. I said Hi to every HB I could find, and got some great responses from most of them. I noticed that when I caught them looking through clothes, albums, etc. it was much easier to start up a convo. I would talk to them about whatever I saw they were interested in. I stopped a few walking past me too, further along in the day. I noticed that when I walked around with a smile, I got much better responses and HIs back.

A little tip that I began to understand today that really helped me, and might help some of you getting started... If you notice when you first start talking to a HB 9-10, you phase out in your own thoughts, you don't pay attention to her, and sometimes your eyes go blurry. this happened to me.
how I beat this? its actually easy and simple. when you say hi and ask a question, actually just concentrate on what shes saying. watch her mouth move and look into her eyes. don't get lost in yourself, instead use her own conversationalism to bring you back to earth. actually listen to her and get curious. pretend like you know what shes talking about and be interested.

you'll find out that women are really cool and 90% of them are really smart. and you'll be more fulfilled with their knowledge, being able to use what you learn from one to talk to the next.

that's my experience and I hope it helps!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:47 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey Guys, Just did the newbie mission, last week.

I went to the mall with a friend of mine. While walking in the mall, I got few eye contacts with girls only (2), smile and say Hi and they did the same. At the beginning, I didn't get any eye contact because girls tend to not look in my direction, so I was wondering what that could mean.
Well, from that I think saying Hi to stranger is not really an issue on my side, however, I need some feedback so far on what you think I can improve or be wary.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I made mission #1

from 10 of "hi" s I had 6 positive and 4 negative

what to do next???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:04 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I tried this today at the grocery store. Definitely the wrong venue, ended up just saying hi to a bunch of old ladies, but I was surprised that I still had a bit of AA! Most people tried to avoid eye contact just because I'm a stranger, so I felt really in control by forcing them to react to my "hi." After a few times I felt like I owned that store! My smile became genuine, I felt like I assumed a really confidant posture, etc. Can't wait to do this at a mall with some HB's.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

To start this I should say that there are 2 different factories within a mile of each other run by the same company. I usually work at 2, this time I worked at factory 1. This imo was a good opportunity to do my newbie mission because this was the first time I had even been to this factory.

As I was shown to my station, I passed by many women working on the lines. I had never thought about it before, but this has never been a problem. Making sure that I smiled with my eyes, I said "Hi" or "Hola" to all the women I walked by or interacted with during the day and gave firm handshakes to all the men, locking eyes with both. Some conversations got struck up, and a little flirting was done.

For the challenge, I passed with flying colors.

(Reflections)
My problem is negs. Im not terribly good at judging the difference between negging and insult (Im learning but "foot in mouth" happens alot), so I try to be as polite as possible. This becomes dancing around the conversation and she always seems to notice. Most of my game is free flow and improvisational, but I guess I should memorize some lines to have loaded.

I actually didn't think I was going to learn anything from this but I did XD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:12 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi Chief,

Went & did Newbie mission this arvo. No dramas; easy as. Walked along lakefront (its summer here in NZ!), meandering around to walk past unattached girls & just smiled & said Hi. they all said hi back. then picked up some groceries from supermarket but not many Hi's there as everyone seemed engrossed in their shopping. Walked along lakeside road past cafes, more Hi's & smiles & then stopped at one, bought drink; observed for few minutes & introduced myself to the lively table who were talking about vibrators of all things! Chit chatted. On way home stopped off at friends party, more hi's & intro's. Thoughts:- its not easy making eye contact to girls wearing shades! Missed a few opportunities when girls just gave fleeting glance & i wasn't quick enough. Whats next...................

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:52 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Decided to take a shot at this.

Now as a doorguy you can well imagine that I see several women a night, but tonight i decided to emphasize more on the women that I was more attracted to to save time.

I would usually go to strike conversation while I was checking their I.d.s at the door, depending if they already looked too drunk, angry, bitchy, etc. I would respond to them accordingly

When I decided to finally put forth effort talking to women at the bar and not have a angry shtique about myself.

Long story short: Had a girl i've liked for 2 years tell me she liked me, and overall got more positive attention from women.

I beleive mood and mindset make a major impact on results.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:53 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This topic is really is the "magic pill"

If there was any "transformation," this is it.

I know from my experiences.

I could almost see the socially-imposed irrational-shackles fall off with each smiley greeting I gave. And at the end of it, I was "born again."

Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:35 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hello all!

I think this is a nice idea.

However, I'm not sure this would fit in all environments. To me, it's just really kind of "weird" to have a random stranger say "Hi" to you, especially in a more "conservative" situation or place.

Instead I propose an alternative:

What if instead of saying just "Hi", I say something more formal like, "Good day", "Good morning/afternoon/evening"?

That way, it will look more professional and somehow more "detached". That way I am giving the woman the decision whether to make it more casual or not.

What do you think (I'm of course not at all saying I am absolutely correct of course)?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:40 am 
New to MPUA Forum

What happens after you get the number? What do I do? Sorry it is my first day here in the website

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I tried to do the Newbie mission , a slightly modified version.
I feel so failed :(
Please keep in mind that my main language is not english, its portuguese, and there is a big cultural difference between us, but i dont care.
I walked around my city and i tried to Say hello to any girl i saw, or Good Afternoon to any Older person i see.
I passed around like 4 or 5 girls in total, and something really bad happened, Whenever i was locked and loaded mentally to say "HELLO" my words simply didnt come. I felt like blocked! I feel im gonna be seen as a weird rapist and i dont want them to call their families to beat the shit out of me...
I know this is a lot exagerated! In my Reasoning i know its illogical, and ITS THEM who should be polite and answer me. however in my soul its craved all sort of negative toughts that Block me the moment i TRY to spray a simple Hello.
I only managed to say Good afternoon to a old woman who was looking at me as if she knew me from somewhere, she probably is friend with my grandmother, dunno.
Has anyone ever felt anything like this?
Literally this:
You are Filled with courage, and u are about to Shoot a HELLO, and u even have a sort of pseudo-smile in your mouth, and u are looking at her (most of the time they dont even look back, but i just want to say hello anyway!), And the moment u give the signal to your brain to move your vocal cords to say Hello, u simply cant do it, u block it. Please tell me this is normal, and with pratice it wil eventually go out. I have tried some thing like the noob mission for like 4 ou 5 tries already, and in total, around 50 women, i only managed to say hello to:
-one little girl , shes like 12 , she was seating next to me when i was in the coffe with my grandfather.
-A girl that is my friend, shes 16, but i think this doesnt count, since i already know her.
-Some old folk cuz i feel they will be more friendly.
-and today i SORT OF smiled to a girl that crossed me in the street she was older than me, probably 22-25, , i mean Sort of smiled, because i dont even know if i was really smiling, i tought i was... but when i was going to say hello, i blocked..

please, i need motivation, i will not give up on this shit, im not the give up type of guy, but im feeling like a complete failure