Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Well i dont like making a nickname for myself, So i let people do it instead, Best one so far is "dragon" i earnt that at a backpackers hostel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Quote:
i once met a guy who called himself merlin.. i dont think he was a pua but he seemed cool so the name didnt strike me as wierd. If your mumbly low self esteem sort of person it will sound silly but if you present your name with conviction it wont be questioned and will create interest and dhv
See that.
LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

People tend to make awful nicknames for me, so that's out of the question. Calling myself Heretic would probably be the best option, as I might be able to springboard off that into some semi-religious discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:26 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Im thinking of Justin Sane :P

Post subject: Re: PUA Names
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:33 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I believe it originally grew out of the need for anonymity while trading pick up material between each other. Why they were kept is probably the same rational as why Madonna, Pink, Prince, J-Lo, etc. have are known by a single name.

It's a quick, sort of brand building, name that's memorable. If you're the big showy rock star or performer type then it will probably be a waste of time. Alternatively, if your nickname is something that causes women to consistently to ask about it then it's helpful. Otherwise, it's just weird.

By the way, a nickname is typically something another person gives you otherwise it's try-hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:39 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Sheps is my real life nickname if my mates call me by my firstname i assume they're talking about someone i else so i use that...

maybe use something you're comfortable with especially if you have a long name "J" if your name is james etc etc

Sheps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:26 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

The point of a PUA alias is so when someone googles your name, they won't find field reports of themselves, nothing else.

Same rules apply for cool nicknames as "PUA nicknames". Mystery's name is good because he can go like "I'm a magician, and it is my stage name, and pretty much everyone calls me Mystery now." and then he can go talk about people who call him Mystery, how people react to it, or talk about his magic shows, how he chose to be a magician, etc. It's a conversation piece and in his case, DHV.

Unless you can think up something extraordinarily awesome nickname which you can start conversations out of and get people to call you that, I don't recommend it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:26 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
The point of a PUA alias is so when someone googles your name, they won't find field reports of themselves, nothing else.
Doesn't this speak to general privacy issues and your headspace when it comes to pick up in the first place?

For example, if you google my name, field reports won't come up.

I used to have a nickname that a female "friend" gave me and I would typically introduce myself, "Hi, I'm (name), but my friends call me (nickname)."

Without fail she would ask about the nickname and I'd tell her that I didn't know her well enough to tell her just yet, but if she played her cards right...

Later I just dropped it because I felt it no longer reflected that time from my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I benefit from the fact I have both a relatively unusual name and nickname and therefore don't feel the need to emulate characters featured in 'The Game'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I like the idea of having a name that can start conversations. Do does Fruit or Fruit Salad strike up questions to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
I like the idea of having a name that can start conversations. Do does Fruit or Fruit Salad strike up questions to you?
Sounds "fruity".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:23 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I feel like when i go out to "bag" women in the field i feel different, stronger. My name is sami but when im out in the field im Onix.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I really only use my PUA name as branding. When im with other PUA or writing field reports online. Bellicose isn't really a name i use in the field I use my real name.