PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:56 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey Guys,

I Recently got moved to a different department at work so I'm surrounded by new people and theres a particular girl I like.

It just so happens she needs to talk to me occassionally for work purposes (which obviously I know is just her doing her job, not a sign of attraction) but I guess it's made her comfortable around me to a certain degree.

Anyway we sometimes run into each other at the watercooler and have little chats, she seems to smile and laugh at what I say, but not sure if shes just that kind of person anyway also seems quite shy.

One day she was walking round a corner and I was coming the other way, when she got round and saw me she physically jumped in a shocked kind of way. So I was like "whoah calm down" and she said that she jumps easily and we just laughed about it. But I kind of thought to myself that I might be intimidating to her or make her feel uncomfortable

The next day we were both at the watercooler and I jokily mentioned that I didnt make her jump that time. And she the proceeded to really reassure me that shes always like that and it's nothing personal, she jumps when the mail man knocks on the door etc etc. Really trying to get me to understand that its just how she is.

Then later that same day I was walking past her desk and she even called me over to get the guy sitting next to her to explain to me that shes just a jumpy person and has always been like that. So I'm just there thinking to myself "this is a bit excessive, shes really trying to get me to realise that it was nothing about me personally that made her jump"

I guess the advice I'm looking for is whether this is a possible sign of attraction? Should I possibly be pursuing her?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:09 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

You should have teased her about her jumping and begin calling her a nickname regarding this thing. As in whenever you face her, call her something regarding "jumpy girl" or anything you find funny and light.

Start teasing her. I believe she's not attracted to you, but she seems to feel good towards you (she justified herself, for example), so start teasing/flirting with her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:28 pm 
King Among Mortals

Work ethics aside.

(Don't people ever leave their fucking bubble?)
Quote:
I guess the advice I'm looking for is whether this is a possible sign of attraction? Should I possibly be pursuing her?
You desperately need a green light set of semaphore flags to signal a go ahead to flirt with a girl?

"Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, she talked to me at the water cooler."

Try this less girly approach.

"Hey, you seem fun, join me for a beer at _____, after work."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'll try to ramp up the confidence and start being a bit flirty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Work ethics aside.

(Don't people ever leave their fucking bubble?)
Quote:
You desperately need a green light set of semaphore flags to signal a go ahead to flirt with a girl?

"Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, she talked to me at the water cooler."

Try this less girly approach.

"Hey, you seem fun, join me for a beer at _____, after work."
He said it all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Just an update on this....

We chatted the other day and found that we both had a mutual interest in creating websites and internet marketing etc which i thought was cool because no one even knows what I'm talking about when i mention it.

So today I asked her if she wanted to go for a drink sometime so we can talk more about that.

She paused and was like 'hmmm.... yeah ok but only if its about that, because im kind of seeing somebody'

So I said 'yeah ok no problem' etc

I then said I'll add her on Facebook and we can sort it out. But I'm now hesitant to proceed because I feel like I've just made the whole work situation awkward because she probably thinks im interested in her now. So I dunno how to play it from here.

She'll probably tell her work colleagues that I asked her out or whatever. But im trying not to give a fuck about that as part of building a 'I dont care what others think of me' mentality. Which is hard but I think it's good to put myself in these situations to build on that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:48 pm 
King Among Mortals

Quote:
I feel like I've just made the whole work situation awkward because she probably thinks im interested in her now.
You were trying to keep it a secret from her?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:21 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

You should've laughed it off and looked at her like wtf. If you had asked a guy to drinks to discuss a hobby and he said ok but just drinks I'm not gay man... You'd prob laugh and say wtf you talking about. Same thing. That's if you really don't want others to know you were interested.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Obviously I am interested in her but now that she probably KNOWS that. I feel shes gonna wanna try to talk to me less at work or avoid me. I guess we will see though. should I go ahead with the facebook add?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:53 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

So, if she knows you're interested you believe it can be bad for you. But if she didn't know it, you believe it would be good for your chances of fucking her, since you want to fuck her?
You didn't say that you were interested, so no problem.

Add on facebook why? To "sort things out"? You didn't get her number?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:03 pm 
King Among Mortals

Okay, try to be normal. Your idolizing her. Yeah, she knows, so fucking what. You know sometimes she is not even who you think she is, she could be horrible, you don't know yet.

If anything will happen, let it happen naturally.

Occupy yourself with work shit, that's why they pay you. Don't go out of your way. Be unaffected by this person's presence, you'll at least appear to look normal.

You said you'd connect with facebook, fucking follow through.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:33 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Well if you're embarrassed now cuz you've "showed your hand" and aren't as interested since she stated she's not available - just let her know next time you see her you're free to talk about the website stuff during lunch. That way you exit stage left more gracefully and you won't have to take her to drinks with your cock tucked between your legs the whole time. After you discuss web stuff over lunch with her just let it die and drop pursuing her after that. At best if you do the lunch thing you've made a new work friend, at worst if you do the afterwork drinks you'll make things very awkward between the both of you for the rest of your career there.