Post subject: Ignoring Date Texts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:11 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi guys,

I met this girl a few weeks ago; brilliant interaction every time we speak face-to-face in a group setting in college (negs, push pull techniques, teasing etc). Every time we see each other, she would come and speak to me enthusiastically.

Got her number and started texting, within 6 messages she joked that I owe her a drink so I replied "right, drop everything, let's go grab a drink now", but then she said she was busy studying. We kept texting, she showed signs of interest by writing long messages and asking questions.

2 days later she asked me how I'm getting along with studying, I replied with going great and might treat myself to a starbucks and suggested she should join me again, she replied to everything except my suggestion to hang out.

She never gives one word replies, she always continues the conversation by asking questions etc. However, whenever I reply to her questions and then make a suggestion to hang out, she would always ignore that suggestion, but she would always continue the conversation. I was told that I lost her attraction now that it's been a few weeks. The problem is, to the best of my knowledge, I made all the right moves. Good first impression, great interaction every time, got her number, sent a few fun messages and then asked her to hang out within a few hours and then tried again 2 days later.

It's now got to the point now that as of yesterday, she stopped replying to me. The confusing part for me is this, I did all that I could, the face-to-face chats are all good. When it came to the texts, they were all fun texts (adapted from PUA examples) and I made about 3 or 4 suggestions to hang out, she always replies but ignores the suggestion to hang out. I have 3 thoughts -

(1) She's playing hard-to-get and wants me to ask her out face to face and doesn't like texting back and forth.
(2) She was never interested and was just playing around.
(3) She was initially interested, but ignored the first request to hang out because she was unsure, but now she's just lost interest completely.

Thoughts? What's your experience of girls like these (shows interest but only ignores texts to hang out)?

Last edited by Transcendence on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ignoring Date Texts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:18 pm 
The Grand Puba

Sometimes it is what it is. The bottom line is that you are asking her out and she's not responding to it. There doesn't have to be a "why" behind it...she's just demonstrating that she does not want to go. If I were in your position, I'd just stop texting her and go about my business.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:42 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

No one actually plays hard to get. There's no such thing as "playing hard to get" unless it's blatantly obvious and playfull.

I'd call her out on it. If your interactions are so harmonious I'd straight up ask if she's purposely ignoring the date invites.

Take her answer at face value.

Don't get me wrong, Jack is entirely right in what he's saying. But in this particular situation I'd call her out.

My in depth texting & dating guide.
There's no such thing as shit-tests.
How to keep a girl.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:11 pm 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
But in this particular situation I'd call her out.
I think that this is absolutely something that could be done as long as you can make sure that you don't take her answer as an obstacle that you need to try to get around.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Sometimes it is what it is. The bottom line is that you are asking her out and she's not responding to it. There doesn't have to be a "why" behind it...she's just demonstrating that she does not want to go. If I were in your position, I'd just stop texting her and go about my business.
Sounds good and logical to me. So basically you're suggesting something similar to a freeze out/take away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
No one actually plays hard to get. There's no such thing as "playing hard to get" unless it's blatantly obvious and playfull.

I'd call her out on it. If your interactions are so harmonious I'd straight up ask if she's purposely ignoring the date invites.

Take her answer at face value.

Don't get me wrong, Jack is entirely right in what he's saying. But in this particular situation I'd call her out.
Yeah, I totally agree with that no one plays "hard-to-get" unless it's obvious. Personally, I'm just gonna stop "trying" and responding as Jack said, kinda like a freeze out/take away. But how exactly would you call her out though? To me that would just mess things up and make things awkward for future interactions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Lol I don't think jack was saying freeze out or takeaway... More game over find another one and stop wasting your time. I can see both guys approaches. I would have probably called it out the first time she dodged in a joking manner. If she dodged that then I'd just say she was wasting my time.

I think what guys miss is yeah you can persist with a girl and after 10 invited she comes out has a great time sex gf and all that stuff work out perfectly. But more likely than not you're wasting your time with a girl and never gonna go out. So I try to not spend time with flakes or iffy chicks as opposed to persisting with girls going nowhere and hoping it works out.