PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:48 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello,I have a question.
    Yesterday I was in a club and walked up to this girl and used this line.

Hey guys, I need to get your opinion on something. It's very important, and we need a woman's perspective. It's a matter of life and death.. My friend and I were having a debate and your answer could completely change my entire life....

Do you brush before floss or floss before brush? No one knows!

And I did it pretty cool,but after that I just run out of he things to say,and in that kind of situation I always get stupid questions in my brain, for example:how old are you? Where do you go to college? And stuff like that.It is not that I get frozen,I just don't know what to say,so I stoped being interesting to her so after couple of minutes she said that she had a boyfriend.
    I would be super grateful for your advices.
    Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:27 pm 
    MPUA Forum Zealot

This is the problem with canned openers. Practice talking with strangers (male+female). This basically means you are not yet comfortable with talking to people, though you may not think that way. Secondly, stop using canned openers and use a more natural opener. That will push you to develop your conversational skills.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:42 pm 
    New to MPUA Forum

Thanks,I will definitely try with natural openers.
    Do you have any guidelines where my conversation should go?
    Or should I just "put myself into fire" and deal with situation without thinking about it before?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:01 pm 
    MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
    Do you have any guidelines where my conversation should go?
    When you come off naturally, you'll automatically have a direction to where the conversation should flow. This will definitely take time and needs a little practice. Personally, I've found if your vibe is good, you can transition to any topic. Asking about her, what does she do, where she's from or open ended questions (like opinions). Not sure about night clubs but these pretty much work in day game provided that your vibe is good. Just make sure to include a lil bit of banter in your conversation, otherwise the girl can get bored.
    Quote:
    Or should I just "put myself into fire" and deal with situation without thinking about it before?
    Yes. That's what will develop your conversational skills(plus will reduce AA even more), putting yourself into the fire.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:26 pm 
    New to MPUA Forum

Thanks for your time!
    Next week I have a date,so we will see how it goes,
    I am going to club on friday,so I will definitely notify you how it went.
    And if you have any additional advices for a date,I am open to them. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:20 pm 
    PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
      Hello,I have a question.
      Yesterday I was in a club and walked up to this girl and used this line.

Hey guys, I need to get your opinion on something. It's very important, and we need a woman's perspective. It's a matter of life and death.. My friend and I were having a debate and your answer could completely change my entire life....

Do you brush before floss or floss before brush? No one knows!

And I did it pretty cool,but after that I just run out of he things to say,and in that kind of situation I always get stupid questions in my brain, for example:how old are you? Where do you go to college? And stuff like that.It is not that I get frozen,I just don't know what to say,so I stoped being interesting to her so after couple of minutes she said that she had a boyfriend.
      I would be super grateful for your advices.
      Thanks in advance!
      You need what I call a "transition strategy" which basically a specific thing you say to change the topic after
      your opener.

For example, after I open with something random and the topic dries out, I change it with "So what else do you
      do besides..."

"So what else do you do besides just shopping and talking with cute guys...?"

"So what else do you do besides laying on a beach and drinking mojitos...?"

"So what else do you do besides going to school and reading books...?"

It's a cool way to change the topic.

In your case, you didn't come up with a transition strategy to go from talking about the opener, to
      changing the topic and talking about something else in a real conversation.

You can use:

"You know I didn't really care about brushing and flossing, I just saw you from over there and that was
      the first thing that came up. What's up?"

"That's the most dorky answer I got. I think I'm going to call you dorky from now on...So dorky, what else do
      you do besides talking about flossing with cute guys...?"

The real point is that you try it, and see how they work for you. I'd highly recommend you write out couple of
      transition strategies on a piece of paper, and test them live. Soon you'll have one that works for you.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure