PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:04 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Yes, I’ve seen Specter.

And yes, I f@#$ing loved it!

I know it’s a movie, but it doesn’t mean there is nothing you can learn and apply from watching James Bond whoop ass and woo ladies.

Be warned – spoilers ahead.

I recently had lunch with a close friend and we began to talk about James Bond as a character.

What is it about this man that makes him so fascinating, over 40 years later?

Yes, the classic “Bond, James Bond” lines are fun, and he sure does get to sleep with a lot of women, but surely there must be more that draws us to this man.

His is the classic masculine story of being on a journey, with a goal in mind, beating the bad guy and getting the girl in the end.

In any case, I decided to explore 4 things YOU can learn from James Bond in Specter.

James Bond is entirely Self-Reliant
I had to start with this one because this is really the trait that left me going ‘Holy shit’.

We have to start back in Skyfall for this one, but at the ending, when his house is about to be assaulted by an army of highly trained, highly dangerous men, what does he do?

In fact, let’s go even further back – he knows full well that he is dealing with a huge and deadly organization and people keep getting hurt, so he decides to take the fight away from other people, onto his home turf, where it all comes down to his own abilities.

In Specter, you see the same resolve and gargantuan self-belief. He trusts no one, and asks no one to do his dirty work for him. He makes his way to the villain’s compound fully knowing that no one is coming to save him if things go south.

Do you have that kind of self-belief? Are you thrilled at the idea of challenge, knowing, absolutely feeling in your bones, that no matter what happens, you are on your own? You are entirely responsible for your own destiny.

It’s pretty scary if you think about it, but also quite thrilling. Imagine what it takes to have that kind of larger than life self-trust.

James Bond is Unshakable
Unshakability is the direct result of self-belief.

If you know and trust in yourself, you simply do not waver – ever.

Yes, times will cycle between good and bad, but you will feel at ease and at peace because you know deep down that no matter what happens, you can get yourself out of it.

Now, imagine for a second, that the James Bond we all know and love, were to ‘give up’ so to speak.

Imagine, for just one second, that he were to cry, to sob like a child, slouch his shoulders and just refuse to show up to a challenge.

Can’t picture it? That’s because it just doesn’t fit the character. It would just be so far outside the realm of James Bond’s persona that you can’t really reconcile it. Because he trusts himself, you trust him too. You just can’t picture him ever letting up.

I’m not saying that crying is somehow not masculine. I’m saying giving up isn’t.

So how does this relate to you?

Well, how trustworthy are you?

Can your friends rely on you? I mean really rely on you. Can your woman? Do the people in your life know that, no matter what happens – no matter how insane, how disastrous, how ridiculous and out of left field shit the world throws at you – you’ve got this?

That’s the bottom line.

James Bond is Unreactive
I absolutely love the scene where Lea Seydoux is on the bed in their room at hotel l’Americain and she begins to tell James off; how she won’t be his damsel in distress and fall into his protecting arms, and that nothing is ever going to happen between them. And you know what he does in response?

Absolutely. Fucking. Nothing.

He doesn’t even flinch! He makes zero attempt to defend himself, to justify himself, to say something cocky to protect his masculinity, nothing.

Why? I’m going to devote an entire article to unreactivity, so stay tuned, but for now understand: When you cling to nothing, you have nothing to defend.

When you know yourself, the way James Bond does, then words have no power over you.

You see, James Bond knows he is ridiculously attractive to women. To go even deeper, he knows that whatever it is he wants, he can get, for the simple reason that he is James Bond.

I know what you’re thinking; I’m not James Bond so how does this help me?

But it isn’t about being James Bond. What I’m really alluding to is quitting!

How many times have you quit when the going got tough? How many times have you let a woman derail or deflate you with her comments? How many times did you quit a diet because it was too tough, or a workout routine because you would rather stay home, or applying for your dream job? How many times did you sit back and accept that you didn’t get a callback.

It’s all tied into self-belief. You get only what you feel you deserve. So when you are unreactive, rejection (Which doesn’t even exist by the way) literally doesn’t even register.

James Bond never takes himself too seriously
On a lighter note, I found that this Bond film, more so than the previous ones, had James throwing witty quips left and right.

This is a super important element in masculinity, as I’ve explained before: Humor!

How is it that someone can go through extremely good times and then extremely bad times in quick succession? By remaining completely open and humorous at all times.

Life is quite fascinating, and when you get sucked into the drama that is taking place inside your own mind, it’s easy to forget that. However, if you are able to take a step back, to relax a bit and laugh at yourself, life remains quite light in comparison.

Sure, things could go bad, but remaining able to laugh at it all is an important trait.

The reason you are afraid to put yourself on the line is because you take yourself, women and life way too seriously!

You’re going to die. I don’t think you really believe that because if you did, you would immediately unshackle yourself. From what? From other’s opinions, from fear of failure, from living life by rules that are not your own – from everything that is weighing you down basically.

Stop taking yourself so seriously and have fun dammit. If you havn’t had that, what have you had?

Your fan,
Pat Ananda