Can you game successfully while unemployed?



Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Post new topic Reply to topic   Board index » Related Areas & Misc » Building an Attractive Lifestyle




Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:13 pm 
Offline
Member of MPUA Forum

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:15 pm
Posts: 166
I'm running into a bit of a sticking point with online game/some offline game where all attraction/interest seems to be lost when a girl asks me what I do. Since, right now, I'm unemployed and going to school in September for Human Resources. I mention it in a positive light since it is something I'm interested in doing and will be successful at, I do show that I am an ambitious man and I am confident in getting what I set out to accomplish.

I'm not sure if I should just spend the next year developing inner game and working on my lifestyle before really getting into game because besides not being the best looking guy out there, I don't have a job and lost my own place during the break-up. I can't afford my own place and go to college full-time without being able to work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:20 pm 
Offline
Read My Book
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 4668
Location: New York City
What do you say?

If you come across as trying to "Impress" with the fact that you're some ambitious guy that doesn't have a job it will back fire. You have to be you. When girls ask me that now I get annoyed. Sometimes I'll say " Nothing. I sit at home and eat lays chips all day. Still want me? lol" And that shit works.

If you judge your value based on your financial circumstance so will others. You have to understand that the sheer fact that you're talking to a women is valuable enough that she should do whatever you ask. Your conversation isn't everyones conversation, your presence isn't everyones presence. Yours is actually worth something, and she should appreciate that or keep it pushing.

You have to project this. But first you have to believe it.

I did a podcast about a similar subject.

_________________
Need Coaching? For 1 on 1 Coaching via Skype, Phone or Instant Messneger - Email: EddieFews@WayOfThePlayer.com

Show Support, Buy The Book: 'The Secret Laws Of Social Wisdom - Click Here

www.EddieFews.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:31 pm 
Offline
Member of MPUA Forum

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:15 pm
Posts: 166
Eddie Fews wrote:
What do you say?

If you come across as trying to "Impress" with the fact that you're some ambitious guy that doesn't have a job it will back fire. You have to be you. When girls ask me that now I get annoyed. Sometimes I'll say " Nothing. I sit at home and eat lays chips all day. Still want me? lol" And that shit works.

If you judge your value based on your financial circumstance so will others. You have to understand that the sheer fact that you're talking to a women is valuable enough that she should do whatever you ask. Your conversation isn't everyones conversation, your presence isn't everyones presence. Yours is actually worth something, and she should appreciate that or keep it pushing.

You have to project this. But first you have to believe it.

I did a podcast about a similar subject.


I say I'm a SMU graduate and that I'm attending NSCC for Human Resource Management. Don't think its too braggy or really anything. I say it with energy so its not like I'm dreading what I'm doing.. it just seems that they read "doesn't have current employment" and move on.

I might just go back with the Mystery line of "disposable cigarette lighter repairman." and play it all off. Fuck it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:12 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:42 pm
Posts: 78
Poet1989 wrote:
I'm running into a bit of a sticking point with online game/some offline game where all attraction/interest seems to be lost when a girl asks me what I do... I can't afford my own place and go to college full-time without being able to work.

For the most part women are resource extractors, aka gold diggers: AWALT. This forum is replete with responses for when a woman asks you about your job.

Since you're in college, your joblessness should not be an issue since you should be seducing women in college. When I was in college, the standard conversation was "like, totally, what's your major?" not where do you work because college students (especialy in the UC) are normally from VERY affluent backgrounds. It shocked many women that I worked part time while in college.

Having roommates is the norm in college. Having roommates never slowed having women over or going to their place.

Women tend to be pretentious shrews at all HB levels, seeking material advantage in exchange for sex (be it money, job advancement, connections, or in your case help with their classwork). Those are the ones PUA tactics are designed for. PUAs tend to overlook that for cool, aka thoughtful aka together aka highly evolved women, no tactics are needed at all as they deliver themselves to you because THEY dig YOU for your MERIT. Girls in college will just give you their number or ask you for yours, just like that. You will say what????????

If you are in a top research university like a U of ____, sooner or later you will be two digit and 3 digit upper division courses in small groups in small classrooms with the professor. Charisma: Your game becomes working on YOURSELF such as mastering the material and being cool with everyone in class. That means learning everybody's name in class, greeting everyone by name in class as you walk in, dialoguing with the professor in class about the subject matter, and building on what others say in class, e.g. "Prof. B can you please elaborate on what Carlos and Juen said about the Pareto Model?" I was so fuckin' cool in college, professors, chicks, and dudes loved to talk to me because I loved being in the intellectually stimulating environment with motivated people. I had no money, worked part time, was on the track/cross country team, and rode a chopper IN CAMPUS from class to class. My grades: Dean's list and Honor Roll. Chicks in class would either ask me out, hint at it (hiiii), or try to punk me (let's get together to study).

However, in college from age 18-22, I was too socially inexperienced and suffered from chronic girl friend/oneitis syndrome. If I knew then what I know now...now in my 40s, I wish I could get in a time machine to go back in time... my sex numbers would have exceeded Wilt Chamberlin. There were so many "information monsters" trying to dupe me to help them with their studies back in the 1980s in college; I never fell for it. But in retrospect, I should have said to the "information monsters," "cool Sherry, I'd love to study with you. Let's spend the weekend together, to get through Professor Saxon's brutal assignment."

Enjoy your college years, do NOT LET ANY CHICK TAKE YOU OFF YOUR EDUCATIONAL AND CULTURAL GOALS ON CAMPUS. At the same time, You will NEVER again in your life have such a huge concentration of MOTIVATED pretty GIRLS in your SAME cultural and economic SITUATION, who want to have sex openly. Women do NOT improve with age- they just get fatter and more bitter. Take it from a combat veteran.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline
Dedicated Member

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:14 pm
Posts: 620
Poet1989 wrote:
I'm running into a bit of a sticking point with online game/some offline game where all attraction/interest seems to be lost when a girl asks me what I do. Since, right now, I'm unemployed and going to school in September for Human Resources. I mention it in a positive light since it is something I'm interested in doing and will be successful at, I do show that I am an ambitious man and I am confident in getting what I set out to accomplish.

I'm not sure if I should just spend the next year developing inner game and working on my lifestyle before really getting into game because besides not being the best looking guy out there, I don't have a job and lost my own place during the break-up. I can't afford my own place and go to college full-time without being able to work.


It sounds like your negative perceptions of yourself are rubbing off on those you interact with.

Your joblessness has obviously affected you. You know something?

It doesn't fucking matter (much).

As was pointed out, there will be hundreds of eligible women on campus, who will be in the EXACT same situation as you. The fact that you're a full time student actually works to your BENEFIT here.

Also, I'd say the majority of women are ok with a guy who is a full time student. They realise that a boyfriend is an INVESTMENT - it's not necessarily your financial value at the specific moment, but what it will be over their lifetime.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:48 pm 
Offline
Member of MPUA Forum

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:15 pm
Posts: 166
ChocolatePUA wrote:
Poet1989 wrote:
I'm running into a bit of a sticking point with online game/some offline game where all attraction/interest seems to be lost when a girl asks me what I do. Since, right now, I'm unemployed and going to school in September for Human Resources. I mention it in a positive light since it is something I'm interested in doing and will be successful at, I do show that I am an ambitious man and I am confident in getting what I set out to accomplish.

I'm not sure if I should just spend the next year developing inner game and working on my lifestyle before really getting into game because besides not being the best looking guy out there, I don't have a job and lost my own place during the break-up. I can't afford my own place and go to college full-time without being able to work.


It sounds like your negative perceptions of yourself are rubbing off on those you interact with.

Your joblessness has obviously affected you. You know something?

It doesn't fucking matter (much).

As was pointed out, there will be hundreds of eligible women on campus, who will be in the EXACT same situation as you. The fact that you're a full time student actually works to your BENEFIT here.

Also, I'd say the majority of women are ok with a guy who is a full time student. They realise that a boyfriend is an INVESTMENT - it's not necessarily your financial value at the specific moment, but what it will be over their lifetime.


I'd say the whole shit-storm of life this year has affected me. But, I'm trending upwards.

Anyways, I might have my own place here with a buddy soon. September should be a good month.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:36 am 
Offline
PUA Forum Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:41 pm
Posts: 1357
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Eddie Fews wrote:
What do you say?

If you come across as trying to "Impress" with the fact that you're some ambitious guy that doesn't have a job it will back fire. You have to be you. When girls ask me that now I get annoyed. Sometimes I'll say " Nothing. I sit at home and eat lays chips all day. Still want me? lol" And that shit works.

If you judge your value based on your financial circumstance so will others. You have to understand that the sheer fact that you're talking to a women is valuable enough that she should do whatever you ask. Your conversation isn't everyones conversation, your presence isn't everyones presence. Yours is actually worth something, and she should appreciate that or keep it pushing.

You have to project this. But first you have to believe it.

I did a podcast about a similar subject.


Can you PM me the podcast or post here?

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=191976 material for new guys

relationships/the-guys-who-want-their-back-vt192365.html to the guys who want their ex back!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:57 pm 
Offline
MPUA Forum Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 79
sarabellum wrote:
Poet1989 wrote:
.....who want to have sex openly. Women do NOT improve with age- they just get fatter and more bitter. Take it from a combat veteran.


YES!. Man thank you. I just want to add to this first. Sometimes we get down you know, nothings going right and we start fantasizing about security situations.
For me I always think about this Lawyer chick I dated, she was definitely the best so far, and one side of me is like "You know man,if you just stayed at that sh*ty job and never went to school she would have been all yours" then another side is like "Sure, but that would have been trapping the tiger in the cage" "plus look at all these twenty somethings with kids, do you really want THAT~?.
Shes my best so far not because of the time spent with her, but how much I grew after we broke apart. Don't think I'm some sentimental sob,its just after we broke up I'm like "I'm obviously not on the same footing" I stopped playing video games, started working out,started saving money, stopped acting like a fool and now not a lot of women/people stand a chance when talking with with me. and heres where we segway!

Man I've been out of school and unemployed for like two weeks (I have two interviews today) but as an example, a girl came over on Saturday and had dinner with me before a Halloween thing. It came up that I was unemployed and out of school and she made a remark about it and at the end said "...just kidding" and I laughed and stopped deadpan and looked at her "...but not really" and smirked.
Then I did justify myself, "You know a lot of people get down,or scared, or whatever when unemployed, why bother?, to me its wasted energy"

Like a lot of guys are saying, wherever you put your values people will judge you on that. I put value on my perseverance and personal strength, not employment situation or social standing (Because I have none) so find whats good/strong about you cultivate it, and focus on that. You have talents man, you just need to either find what they are or work on them.

_________________
" I never regret doing it, but i always regret not doing it...."
~Compass


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:39 pm 
Offline
New to MPUA Forum

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:47 pm
Posts: 29
I don't work but I do voluntary work for charity. Usually when I tell them it's a child hospice it goes down well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:16 pm 
Offline
English Muffin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm
Posts: 5690
reknaw155 wrote:
I don't work but I do voluntary work for charity. Usually when I tell them it's a child hospice it goes down well.



LMAO

_________________
USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR REPEATEDLY IGNORING MOD WARNINGS AND MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: