PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I just want to list a few books, videos and whatever that I'd consider to be quite helpful to new guys just discovering this stuff...

1. How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie

This is one of the oldest, and best self development books of all time. It's not exactly a pick up book, but it'll help you more than you'd expect if you apply it to your daily life and general interactions. It definitely helped me keep women interested in our initial interaction when I first started out.

2. Jason Capital (YouTube)

This guy is like a mixture of RSD Julien, and Adam Lyons. He's like a charming asshole. Where Julien just acts like he hates women and they must seek his approval, Jason is still just as rude... but he doesn't give the impression that he's just a plain dick. He helped me a lot, cause his style is similar to my own.

3. Corey Wayne (YouTube, and an essential book)

He's more about relationships, success and happiness... but he does have some really good basic pick up advice. Applying his material will stop you becoming a one trick pony who can pick up a girl but can't keep her. You can read his ebook for free in the members area of his website, or if you're too lazy to do that you'll find it on a website with no registration required if you Google "Corey Wayne scribd". It's important to read it multiple times like he suggests. Also, the first time you read it, watch each video that he tells you to watch. I'd say his videos are about 20% of the package, with the book being the other 80%

4. Models - Mark Manson (book)

This may sound a little stupid, what I'm about to say: I've never actually read this book cover to cover, but I know that pretty much everybody will tell you that it's the most important material you'll ever get your hands on. Maybe read this multiple times, too.

5. Richard "Gambler" La Ruina (books/articles/videos)

He has plenty of great material, just give it a look. Other similar people to this, that aren't really worth listing, but are still good are: Adam Lyons (old stuff, not new stuff), Simple Pickup (might boost your confidence).

6. RSDTyler (YouTube)

Why do people like to ditch inner game? It's like the leg day of pickup. Just do it. Go watch his videos. It'll help. However, don't become brainwashed... RSD are known for being a bit weird and brainwashing guys into feeling like they always need to buy more material and get better, when in reality most pick up artists give away their best material for free anyway. Just stick to their videos on inner game and you'll benefit massively.

A few more things to remember:

You don't really need to spend anything to become good, and the community is full of people who will try to convince you that you'll never get good without buying their product. They're full of crap and trying to make money. But if you ever manage to get a book for free through a torrent or something, and you like it... don't be a dick, go and buy it to show your appreciation... or at least give a donation of what you consider it to be worth.

No matter how much material you read, one day of actually going out and taking action is more valuable than any book you'll ever read... the books and videos will give you a general idea, but experience will be the best way that you can ever learn. Think of it like a driving test... you can read books and watch videos to study for your theory test, but that's not even half of the work. You'll never be able to drive a car properly just from watching videos. You have to go out and make mistakes that you can learn from. For every hour that you spend watching videos or reading books, try to spend 2 hours going out and gaining experience! Seriously, TAKE ACTION.

I made this thread because it basically contains everything that I wish had been said to me when I first started, to save me having to brush my way through all of the mediocre/bad material and scams out there...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:14 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Dude, I came here from a post you left on my thread.

Just want to say this is an Awesome guide for any new aspiring PUA's. Even though I've only been studying Game since November of last year, I've come across quite a few of these guys you mentioned and I will say that all of them have helped me in some way or another, especially Jason Capital - dude is the real deal.

For beginners I recommend you purchase his "Make Women Want You" ebook. It may be a bit pricey at $30-40 depending on where you live, but I believe it is the best product out there for newcomers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:33 pm 

If you like How to Win Friends then check out How to Talk to Anyone.

Its the news more advanced version.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:05 pm 
Ask a mod for a custom title

Great list. Read/seen them all and each has influenced me positively in some way.

Expanding upon J Daniel's comments about having to sift-through a lot of bad material to get to the good.

I agree with the statement that a lot of those charging for PUA material are fleecing insecure people. Their marketing strategies are formulaic (not in a good way) and exploitative. They capitalize on selling their product or service to guys who feel inadequate in their ability to attract women and rather than help develop skills and cultivate attributes they already have, these people would sooner sell you on techniques and routines that fall well short of leading to any meaningful, long-term change.

You can easily see which members of this board have bought-into this system. To my mind there's a clear dichotomy of guys who fall into 1 of 2 camps: 1) those who operate out of a fear-based mentality who dogmatically stick to these techniques and skills they've learned having bought-into the notion that 'game' means using routines (canned or other), offhanded compliments (aka "negs"), and other methods that really only appeal to 'low quality' women who similarly have low self-esteem. And then you have 2) the guys who use natural game - those that tend to let who they are shine through and act more congruently with their true selves.

The fear-based guy acts out of neediness. He ACTS tough (or Alpha) but is really only using what he'd read without doing any meaningful work on himself. We live in a fast food/instant gratification society - a lot of people want the quick fix rather than taking the longer more meaningful road to self-discovery and growth (remember its often the journey not the destination itself which is the most satisfying of all). Quick fixes rarely if ever lead to any profound meaningful change - that is the reality. You can apply a new coat of paint to the outside of a decrepit house while its rotting away on the inside. Fear-based guy REACTS. He's EGOIC, he does not know how to be in-the-now. He does not live abundantly and he is a validation-whore. Either he's gaming women to placate his own insecurities by gaining approval by other men for his conquests, he does not know how to connect to himself so he's trying to do so through women, or he questions his own desirability and believes that by sleeping with women somehow it will help him feel whole. The thirst for validation, when externally sought can't ever be quenched - it's a bottomless pit that can't ever be filled by things (persons, places, or things) by the outside world.

The other guy, the Authentic guy, the one who is vulnerable not only with himself, but also the world around him - he lives out of abundance. He's the guy that the Fear-based guy vociferously declares as "weak", often referring to him as feminine (feminine characteristics being loathed by both sexes in a male figure). He is vulnerable in the sense that he knows who he is and makes no apologies for it. He is unabashed about his sexuality and isn't hung-up on labels and judgments. He's carefree but not CARE LESS. These are the guys that women are instinctually drawn to. The guy that women say "just have IT". That "it" factor is the anti-thesis of neediness. He doesn't do things for the validation of others, he's simply being. He RESPONDS to the world around him, women included and unshakeable in his conviction and sense of purpose. He has the vibe "I'm cool, you're cool" he's not trying to bash other people over the head with his opinions and beliefs, but rather accepts things as they are. He isn't outcome focused at all -- he has the strongest frame/reality because its his and he has bought into it, entirely. He isn't shackled or constrained by his ego - his energy is free-flowing. Men and women alike are drawn to this.

So, that said if its up to you what sort of man you want to be. I m a firm believer in putting the work in FOR YOU (not anyone else) to evolve and live life with a sense of purpose and meaning. Engineer your success rather than becoming constrained by your fears (which a lot of these PUA companies promote - fear mongering "you lack a certain thing that will ever make you successful with women - but I have the answer for just a nominal fee").

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:50 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

I agree with pretty much everything there, and couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:53 am 
PUA Forum Leader

Quote:
If you like How to Win Friends then check out How to Talk to Anyone.

Its the news more advanced version.
I've seen this book and nearly bought it a couple of times. I'll have to buy it!

At the moment I'm reading Napoleon Hill - Think and Grow Rich. It's a good read.