PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:03 am 
New to MPUA Forum

My situation as follows:

I'm sharing a house with couple of people and one of them is a weed smoking, mentally unstable woman who I've been cool with until the time some of us were having a party in the house and I pissed her off accidentaly by kocking on her door at midnight cause I wanted to ask her for keys to the shed. The next day we had an argument and she got super pissed off and started giving out to me about what happened (it turned out she was holding back a lot of stuff from way back and wanted to let that out too) and I was standing there unreactive most of the time, didn't give a single fuck even smiling and treating it all like a one big joke but eventually we started shouting at each other and so it went on. She was punching at my door and was saying that she'll destory my electronics if that happens again and that she's not afraid of police and so on. After that I thought (and probably rightly so) that she's a psycho chick and don't wanna get into more arguments with her. So from that point onwards nothing happened, things cooled off, we're not talking anymore except for occasional "Hi". What she does sometimes is she complains to other roommates about me so that I can hear that and disses me behind my back.

I'm not cool with being dissed but I also would not like to find my stuff destroyed or worse. So I'm walking around anxious lately and don't know how to deal with that situation, what can I do when talking it out doesn't solve the issue ?

I mean like if it was a guy and talking it out didnt help then my fists of fury would have to be used. For this situation I can't hit a woman cause that can turn around soooo bad against me.

Okay I wrote quite a lot but the question is: as a rule in general what do you do when a woman disses you in some way and talking it out doesn't help ?

P.S. - I'm moving out tomorrow so I'll no longer have to deal with that psycho bitch but I still want to know the answer to the question above.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:25 am 
The Grand Puba

How you described it, you didn't handle it correctly in the first place. When someone is making a complaint about you and you smile at them while they do it is letting them know you are not taking them seriously. With women, it's easy to deal with because they just want to know that you understand where they're coming from and not feel trivialized.

If it were me, I'd just sit down and talk to her and let her know that I felt bad about the tension between the two of us and ask her how to make it better from here on out. I'd listen to what she had to say and not act like an ass. She'd vent, I'd give her a hug afterwards and my stuff would be safe.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:00 am 
New to MPUA Forum

JackZero thanks or the answer and in fact that's what I did at the time, I told her that I genuinely apologise for all that happened but then I felt like a little bitch aterwards and up until today it was like she's in charge of the house and makes up the rules. It's like the power was handed to her cause she demonstrated that she can go bananas anytime she wants and I don't like this arrangement at all. Therefore I'm not sure it was the best way of going about it :?: :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 am 
The Grand Puba

Quote:
I told her that I genuinely apologise for all that happened
This is a far cry from what you originally said.
Quote:
I was standing there unreactive most of the time, didn't give a single fuck even smiling and treating it all like a one big joke but eventually we started shouting at each other and so it went on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:09 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Yeah but that happened 20 mins after

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:29 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

just gotta say smiling for too long after you apologize may seem like it was bull shit you wernt serious or you would have listened and let her vent with out replying something snarky, its just like dealing with parents.