PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

So where I'm living at the minute is temporary accommodation just like university halls of residence, however we all know each other and we're all doing the same thing. There are 6 blocks all next to each other and each block has approximately 40 people in.

So as we all know each other and get along really well, we do tend to have friendship groups and its useful to have peoples phone number to organise car sharing and events etc. There are approximately 10 girls here on our course and 200 lads. You can imagine how the girls feel, whenever a new group arrive they try the same tricks to get to know them etc and they either have boyfriends or just laugh in their face. They're definitely not DTF or looking for any romance!

One of the girls is 4 years older than me and i'd give her a 7/10. Nice athletic body - not too thin, not too large. so she's had my number for a few weeks and recently, on a number of occasions, she's messaged me out of the blue asking if i want to go round to her room for a 'cuppa tea' (as us brits would say!). I've not tried to get with her before and take it further and even now I'm not talking to her like i would if i was trying to get on a girl but she keeps inviting me round...

The first 2 times i went round and it literally was just for a cuppa tea and a chat and to chill, which was nice. In a male dominated lifestyle, its nice to spend some time with just a female. So we chatted for a couple of hours each time and it got late so i came back to my room, nothing exciting.

Now the next 2 times i was invited round, it was later at night and she had her blinds/curtains closed before i got there. We had a drink and we started watching a film, both of us sitting/lounging on her bed. It got late and we only watched half of the film, maybe a hint to return one night and finish it? And 2 nights later i went back to watch the 2nd half. Nothing happened, she doesn't show any real IOI of wanting anything to happen.

I tried shuffling closer to her on the 2nd time, thinking, why would she invite me round this late to watch a film if she didn't want anything?! She moved away slightly so i wasn't touching her and i took this as 'why is he getting closer to me?'

Any advice of knowing if she wants something to happen?
Any advice of what to do next?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:54 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
So where I'm living at the minute is temporary accommodation just like university halls of residence, however we all know each other and we're all doing the same thing. There are 6 blocks all next to each other and each block has approximately 40 people in.

So as we all know each other and get along really well, we do tend to have friendship groups and its useful to have peoples phone number to organise car sharing and events etc. There are approximately 10 girls here on our course and 200 lads. You can imagine how the girls feel, whenever a new group arrive they try the same tricks to get to know them etc and they either have boyfriends or just laugh in their face. They're definitely not DTF or looking for any romance!

One of the girls is 4 years older than me and i'd give her a 7/10. Nice athletic body - not too thin, not too large. so she's had my number for a few weeks and recently, on a number of occasions, she's messaged me out of the blue asking if i want to go round to her room for a 'cuppa tea' (as us brits would say!). I've not tried to get with her before and take it further and even now I'm not talking to her like i would if i was trying to get on a girl but she keeps inviting me round...

The first 2 times i went round and it literally was just for a cuppa tea and a chat and to chill, which was nice. In a male dominated lifestyle, its nice to spend some time with just a female. So we chatted for a couple of hours each time and it got late so i came back to my room, nothing exciting.

Now the next 2 times i was invited round, it was later at night and she had her blinds/curtains closed before i got there. We had a drink and we started watching a film, both of us sitting/lounging on her bed. It got late and we only watched half of the film, maybe a hint to return one night and finish it? And 2 nights later i went back to watch the 2nd half. Nothing happened, she doesn't show any real IOI of wanting anything to happen.

I tried shuffling closer to her on the 2nd time, thinking, why would she invite me round this late to watch a film if she didn't want anything?! She moved away slightly so i wasn't touching her and i took this as 'why is he getting closer to me?'

Any advice of knowing if she wants something to happen?
Any advice of what to do next?

Either you're not escalating properly...or you got friendzoned perhaps?

One of my favourite ways I figured out to begin escalatation is to just make slight contact with the arms while you two go for a walk. I dont mean walk on top of her, I mean just make a slight accidental "bump" into her every few seconds or so while you two are talking. You two aren't walking though, so it might be a bit different.

If you get a second chance at this, while you're both lounging, play some games on your phone, that way she HAS to move closer.