PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I've been told lately by mods like Chief and Warped, that both Neil Strauss and Mystery have been wrong about a lot of things and that they are old school. So, have their products and ideas been absolutely useless the whole time, or what?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:53 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

I personally do not think the routine model is the easiest way to get laid, and the routines are not congruent with the guys using them (not too mention overused, which means the girl may have already heard the lines you are saying from another guy).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:05 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
I've been told lately by mods like Chief and Warped, that both Neil Strauss and Mystery have been wrong about a lot of things and that they are old school. So, have their products and ideas been absolutely useless the whole time, or what?
I think a lot of what Style/Neil Strauss taught has been misinterpreted, and pretty much everything that he embodies is still extremely relevant today.

If you go through his "personal transformation" you would see that he sat down and came up with his own routines, improved his own personal looks through simple things like going bald instead of balding, regular exercise, etc.

He always encouraged students to understand the power BEHIND the routines and why they work so that there would be no need for rigid adherence.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:51 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I don't believe that mystery and style are useless, beacause mystery has created a method on which to base own personality. And Style, with The Game, has shown as AFC can become a PUA, if he has got intelligence and "nuts".
tIK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:00 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

If u actually read the MYSTERY METHOD (the book) u'll see tht most of the modern pu theories r based on MM. I think this itself became a routine that "MM is useless/ its all abt routines". Those who heard it passed it on to the others without actually verifying it.

Its easy to teach about Inner confidence and Inner game but once u r done wid tht u realize tht merely "believing" tht u r gud enugh wont get u laid. U need a practical how to guide abt pickup wich will tell u exactly wat to do in field. From my own experience MM is a perfect How to Guide.
Though MM wont b any gud if u dont have Inner Game.So i guess the sequence shud b practising inner game first n then moving on to MM.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:34 pm 

The major problem with mystery method is that it built around the incorrect assumption that value is the most important thing and that you need to impress the girl. It also doesn't put enough emphasis on sexual escalation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:00 pm 
English Muffin

Old school body building. Most of them pretty much avoided fats at all cost and lived on dry chicken and egg whites.

These days, things have just evolved and now it's been proven that healthy fats can improve fat loss.

The point is, I'm sure mystery method works but it's not the official and most efficient way to meet the opposite sex. It is just one view from one man's point of view. It's all theory.

Some great concepts. But the whole 7 hour rule and negs seem to fuck things up for most aspiring PUA's

Nobody does it step by step anyway, they just get drunk, use an opener as an excuse to talk to girls, they then somehow kiss and find a sexually available girl and all credit goes to MM if it goes well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
I think a lot of what Style/Neil Strauss taught has been misinterpreted, and pretty much everything that he embodies is still extremely relevant today.

If you go through his "personal transformation" you would see that he sat down and came up with his own routines, improved his own personal looks through simple things like going bald instead of balding, regular exercise, etc.

He always encouraged students to understand the power BEHIND the routines and why they work so that there would be no need for rigid adherence.
This.
Quote:
If u actually read the MYSTERY METHOD (the book) u'll see tht most of the modern pu theories r based on MM. I think this itself became a routine that "MM is useless/ its all abt routines". Those who heard it passed it on to the others without actually verifying it.
Mostly true.
Quote:
The major problem with mystery method is that it built around the incorrect assumption that value is the most important thing and that you need to impress the girl. It also doesn't put enough emphasis on sexual escalation.
If this is the incorrect assumption, what in your opinion would be the correct assumption or key here?

Texting eBook
http://www.the-irresistible-man.com/tex ... ast-night/

Pickup On Fire Interview
http://pickuponfire.libsyn.com/podcast/ ... dw-francis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:53 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I would personally quote my experience here. A few months back I was doing approaches in my university where I had pretty much spoiled my Reputation after getting blown off a number of times (that too however came from insecurity of those girls as they chased me later on). Anyhow I posted here too and most of the people told me that its almost "impossible" to get any success within this place and I need to change the venue where I am sarging.
Then I read the Mystery Method and came to know that the issue wasn't my reputation but I wasn't giving consideration to the friends of the girl I was sarging. (The Group Seduction)
Upto this point I sure as hell had full inner confidence, almost zero AA. But it didn't get me any success. The first time I applied the Group Seduction Theory given in MM, it worked out for me. I had known about group seduction before but nobody put that "emphasis" on it as Mystery did.

So thats where it worked for me where every thing didn't. May be it depends on the person. By that point I already had that Inner Game worked out that's why it worked for me. But saying that its totally useless, as a lot of PUAs say these days, wouldn't be right at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:15 am 
English Muffin

Style Fan boy again ^ *lick lick*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:39 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Style Fan boy again ^ *lick lick*
lolz :lol: Don't know what Style did wrong to you :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:23 am 
PUA Forum Leader

People have been picking up girls in the same way for centuries lol. Mystery and Style just don't understand that it's an art, not a science. But that doesn't mean that their stuff won't work, in a "Well I got a lot of numbers! Yet to get a day 2, but I did get numbers!" kind of way. The stuff isn't dated, because women always have and always will emotionally respond in the same way to the same things (a bit of a generalisation, but it's true). Their material will always get good reactions, at first. Your favourite comedian is probably hilarious, you'd love to spend a day with him... maybe a week, but imagine a year? Unless he gave you a new hilarious routine every day... you'd get bored. When you base yourself on routines to make you look cool, you basically admit you're not cool and you're walking around like some kind of imposter. You're never really in the moment, listening to what she has to say and enjoying yourself. You're just thinking about the next part of the routine, and shitting yourself when the subject changes.

Bit of a ramble, but basically just use routines when you're having a bit of a shit day. Mystery and Style aren't the kind of guys that will get you laid a lot lol. They're not dated, they're just not very effective either (Mystery can be, depending on what it is you want, but Style is pretty crap)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:17 am 
English Muffin

*in before style981 defends them defiantly*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
lol.. No I am not gonna defend any one. May be you guys are right. But every body has a right to have (and share) his own opinion based on his own experiences ??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:16 am 
English Muffin

Quote:
Quote:
lol.. No I am not gonna defend any one. May be you guys are right. But every body has a right to have (and share) his own opinion based on his own experiences ??
Nah. Only with people with neutral user names are allowed opinions.