PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:15 am 
New to MPUA Forum

A few hours or maybe minutes ago I put up a post with the topic "texting". This is my first experience back in the game after a long time out of it.... The story goes like this: I met this girl at the mall because she works there and I happen to walk in to the store she works at to buy something. I was starting to get to know her a little bit and I built rapport about her. Come to find out she is attending a barbershop school and it gave me the idea of asking for her number so that she can cut my hair. I got her number before leaving the store and I didn't text her until 5 days later. Our texts weren't back to back but spread out like every 5 to 10 minutes. I'm trying to get to know her and have her feel comfortable around. We agreed that she would come to my house for the hair cut. The next day I sent her a text and again it wasn't back to back but spread out. We agreed on the day and time of the hair cut at my place. In that text I sent her I put different words in there I was changing it up a little bit. I was saying things like calling her pretty lady and letting her know I'm only trying to make her feel comfortable and using emojis. It changed the text back rate from 10 minute lag to a few seconds or however it took for her to read and reply. Then she gave me a time and it was at night 830 pm or 1030 pm the next day for my hair cut. I said 830 pm and since I remembered her telling me she didn't live in the city she could bring her toothbrush pajama and shampoo and she could spend the night and if she had work the next day she could stay here at my place. She replied again quickly and thanked me for the offer but she was staying somewhere for two nights and didn't need to stay. Right here I should've stopped the conversation and said ok ill see tomorrow but I didn't. I decided to, as she put it be rude and disrespectful joke around a little. She told me she was staying in a suite for 2 nights because she had something to do. I replied with "oh don't tell me you're a call girl", a few minutes pass by and she replies with "WHAT?! WTF IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!" I replied with "a girl on call, something you shouldn't worry about it was bad joke on my part". I'm trying to change the subject and so I ask her if she's ever been called luscious. Like her name and then luscious and example to keep her identity safe lets say Corinaluscious. And she replied with "I can't believe you would call me that, my family and I are at so and so to see so and so for their tournament. You are rude and disrespectful" and something else to the fact that no more haircut and a big fat BYE. Being the guy that I a I apologized for that horrible joke and wasting our time.
The lesson learned:
1) Don't joke about calling a woman a call girl
2) If you get their number for whatever reason its because you sparked their interest. In my case I got to know her a little bit and she is an aspiring barber going through barber school and I got her number for a haircut but there was a mutual interest.
3) while texting don't ask questions be assertive and handle the situation so that it works in your favor. What worked for me for two texts was that I was being funny and calling her pretty lady.
4) if rejected for whatever reason, like me, don't do the same mistake again! Brush it off and learn from it. There will be more to come.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:19 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

The call girl joke would have been fine, if you had said it in person with an energetic vibe.The best jokes for text are those that you would normally deliver with a monotone voice and minimal emotions in person. Emotions don't carry well through text, often they won't understand that it's a joke. Moreover, the only point of phone game is to get a meet up. You should have said "see you later :)" after you agreed on logistics.

My #1 MONEY line to pull sets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHjnZgCP18 (0:25)

Stop being "perfect." It's time to evolve.