PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:54 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

im in that wierd zone of my life (20) where im halfway between being the guy i want to be and battle the guy i am.

Like i want to be chilled and laid back and not talk a lot. And just be like unimaginably chill but interesting. I can be like that sometimes but its like little trigger still revert me back to the wild idiot i was. Like i have this friend who has to debate about everything and always has to be right. When i catch myself debating with him (its nonsensical) i willl say "ok youre right" but he never will take that and keeps talking about it.

Also with girls i will try to be chill but i feel like im being boring so i start talking more and being stupid.

Like idk if this is a good description but i want to have a personality like that song "latch" by disclosure. Like just real smooth.

how did you guys/are you guys becoming the person you want to be. Do you write a list of what the person you want to be would do in any situation. Like you play the role until its natural

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:20 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

You have the answers in your own post. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:04 pm 
PUA Forum Leader

Simply put, you haven't FOUND yourself yet. You don't know are you a chilled guy or a debate-type guy.

It is true that you find yourself and create yourself at the same time, but the best way is to start
doing things that feel LEAST like you.

When I was going through that faze in my 20's, I felt the same. One day I was a chilled fonzie type guy, the
other I was wild and let's get it on guy.

Then I started doing stuff that really pushed me OUTSIDE of my COMFORT zone. Approached women
with weird lines like, "Hey guys, do you mind if I make 5 pushups now, you can count." and just
started doing push-ups in the middle of the day.

Watch some Simple Pickup videos on youtube to get the idea or listen to this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpyanDPfro

Try to do as many things OUTSIDE of your comfort zone, and you'll eventually find your place.

Trust me.

Good luck.

You can try it here Here: New AA Cure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:34 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Simply put, you haven't FOUND yourself yet. You don't know are you a chilled guy or a debate-type guy.

It is true that you find yourself and create yourself at the same time, but the best way is to start
doing things that feel LEAST like you.

When I was going through that faze in my 20's, I felt the same. One day I was a chilled fonzie type guy, the
other I was wild and let's get it on guy.

Then I started doing stuff that really pushed me OUTSIDE of my COMFORT zone. Approached women
with weird lines like, "Hey guys, do you mind if I make 5 pushups now, you can count." and just
started doing push-ups in the middle of the day.

Watch some Simple Pickup videos on youtube to get the idea or listen to this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpyanDPfro

Try to do as many things OUTSIDE of your comfort zone, and you'll eventually find your place.

Trust me.

Good luck.

Yeah i can kinda feel myself getting closer to that. Like today i was nervous about talking to a girl and i walked passed her. Like 30 seconds later without even thinking i just turned around went up to her and introduced myself. I feel like i have little burst moments where i act like the guy i want to be and theyre becoming a lot less rare so thats good.

Would you sya youre the guy you want to be now?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
Also with girls i will try to be chill but i feel like im being boring so i start talking more and being stupid
Like this is the thing, there's a difference between being chill and laid-back and just bringing zero energy to an interaction. You can still have you're interests or hobbies and interesting observations to make but without constantly being dull and saying little to nothing.

Non-verbal:

Good posture (not slouched) but relaxed.
Open body language (never fold arms, etc.)
Smile
Eye contact (hold people's gazes, out-stare people sometimes but not all the time)

Verbal:

Comes from the non-verbal
Also comes from having an interesting lifestyle
Make comments as they come to mind
If you are in a conversation and you miss the opportunity to say something you really wanted or that opportunity doesn't come, don't sweat it and try and force that thing into the conversation. Just go with the flow of conversation and either another opportunity will arise or it won't. If it doesn't that's fine because likely there will be OTHER interesting comments and observations you can make

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:57 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Quote:
im in that wierd zone of my life (20) where im halfway between being the guy i want to be and battle the guy i am.

Like i want to be chilled and laid back and not talk a lot. And just be like unimaginably chill but interesting. I can be like that sometimes but its like little trigger still revert me back to the wild idiot i was. Like i have this friend who has to debate about everything and always has to be right. When i catch myself debating with him (its nonsensical) i willl say "ok youre right" but he never will take that and keeps talking about it.

Also with girls i will try to be chill but i feel like im being boring so i start talking more and being stupid.

Like idk if this is a good description but i want to have a personality like that song "latch" by disclosure. Like just real smooth.

how did you guys/are you guys becoming the person you want to be. Do you write a list of what the person you want to be would do in any situation. Like you play the role until its natural
Don't try - be!

The master says to the student,
"Sit in this hut and meditate on being a bison"
After a month in the hut, the master returns
"Come out now"
The student replies
"I can't, my horns won't fit through the door"
- Upanishads

In practical terms, you become what you meditate on. If you don't want to meditate, you become where you place your focus.

In order for that to happen, you have to know exactly what kind of man you want to be.

Who are your heroes? What kind of a man do you want to be? What are your values? What does this man look like? How does he behave?

Then keep that focus in your mind. All great men have a sense of focus - a tangible goal they are constantly working toward. You need to move fearlessly towards that, without respite.

With love and respect
Mack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:38 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Website: http://www.from-pickup-sexual-addiction-to-redemption.com
Quote:

Hey man!

"We do not become, we simply are."

The above is one of my favorite Bruce Lee's quotes that actually gets to the point of
answering your title's question "being the guy you want to be VS being the guy you are."

What the message of this quote tries to point out is most people's bad habit of constantly
forcing themselves to become somebody who they are not.

And, guess what. When you try very hard to become somebody who you're not, you're very
likely to get stuck in an obsession that soon often turns into an addiction as the result of
your desperate efforts to become that somebody.

Based on my personal experience with being stuck in pickup and sex obsession that later
turned into my sexual addiction, I can now tell you that the main thing that can help you
stay away from any kind of obsession is just following your true passions in life.

Your true passion is something that you truly love and enjoy, and you do it effortlessly,
whereas your obsession is something that you often feel so anxious about that you end
up forcing yourself into doing it, because it's so hard for you to get yourself to doing
what you don't truly love and enjoy.

Trying very hard to become somebody who you are not by desperately trying to
adopt and live by the model of behavior that doesn't really suit your true personality
is the sure-fire way of getting stuck in an obsession.

And, this is exactly where many guys get stuck when trying to pursue their "dream"
pickup lifestyle.

They get seduced into believing that picking up an endless number of women just to have
sex with them means a lot of fun and something that they could call part of their true
passion, while this very activity often turns out to be part of a pure obsession that they
don't truly enjoy and that in the first place they've subconsciously got forced to believe
that they should enjoy no matter what, because somebody taught them that this is the
way of how they become that ideal alpha man and that they should become one.

What I'm trying to point out to you here is that like many other guys including myself who ended up
in the pickup arts community mainly because our self esteem got badly hurt sometime during our early
age and all we're now trying to do is just lift it up or fix it through gaining a kind of sexual gratification
based on sleeping with as many women as possible in our lifetime, you seem to be stuck in exactly
the same kind of situation.

Before I go on telling you a little bit of my story, let me ask you a simple question.

Have you ever asked yourself that important "Do I really enjoy it?" question when
trying to attract and pick up women?

Asking myself this question was a huge light bulb moment in my life, because it helped me realize
that everything I was doing in the area of attracting and picking up women for years was purely
the result of just acting under the pressure - the unnecessary pressure of constantly forcing myself
into doing what I didn't really love and enjoy at all.

What made me keep forcing myself to boldly approach random women just to pick them up as my
sexual objects was both my initial belief that doing it was part of my true passion and also my
adopted pickup arts conditioning that was constantly pushing me into my sexual advances with
random women just for the sake of not feeling guilty of missing out on any pickup opportunities
when I get back home later.

Guess what. I was wrong when trying to identify my true passion.

All my sexual advances that I was constantly forcing myself into were a pure obsession that
I now like to call my false passion.

My pickup and sex obsession started mainly as the outcome of dating related peer pressure
from my childhood.

I got stuck in this obsession for two reasons:

a) I initially didn't fit in the social circles of my peers because I didn't really like most of
their behaviors, and

b) my inner resistance toward the peer pressure grew so much that I gradually got myself
into thinking of creating my own international playboy lifestyle surrounded by the most
beautiful women that I'd have lots of fun and sex with for the rest of my life.

As a result, my pickup and sex obsession got me stuck in a long-term sexual addiction with
the symptoms of the two most common men's mental disorders known as borderline personality
disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.

Now here's an important thing that I'd really like you to understand.

The situation where you feel anxious and reserved about approaching random women is actually
not a bad thing. Let me explain.

Your approach anxiety is like your guardian angel protecting you from getting stuck in the kind
of obsession I told you about a minute ago. It's there to protect you from getting in the bad habit
of constantly feeling under pressure of having to necessarily approach and pick up random women
wherever you go. It's also there to protect you from being fed up with and feeling guilty of missing
out on the opportunities to approach and pick up women as you described in the title of your post.

Here're two reasons why your approach anxiety is your best friend and why you should not try
to beat it or overcome it in any way:

1) Again, your approach anxiety is there to save you from getting trapped in the situation that
you wouldn't naturally feel comfortable with and wouldn't really enjoy it in a long run. By the way,
I'm saying "in a long run" because most of us when we get stuck in chasing an obsession,
we're seduced to believe that what we're doing is really something that we fully love and enjoy
doing.

2) Trying to beat your approach anxiety by getting in the habit of boldly approaching
as many random women in a day as possible is not only a form of validation seeking but
also something that will push you into an endless out-of-control, self destructive and
compulsive sexual behaviors that are characteristic of the behaviors of guys who suffer
from borderline and narcissistic personality disorders.

By the way, I'm neither a psychiatrist nor a psychologist but just a guy like you who got
involved in the pickup community just to learn the game while never thinking of any mental
health dangers as the result of doing it.

Today I'm proud to say that I have a solid knowledge about the two most common men's
mental heath disorders that come purely as the outcome of practising the pua game: borderline
personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder.

As you can guess, I got into the trouble of learning about these mental disorders because my
severe approach anxiety (that I'd never ever experienced before) was getting worse and worse
and making me feel so distressed even at the times I was about to just take a short trip to my
local supermarket to buy something that I really felt I was not only losing my mental health but
also losing my whole self at such a fast speed that was out of my control.

In short, my one year long mental health educational journey got me to learn the 3 main
causes of all my pains and struggles linked with being involved in the game:

a) the first thing that got me in the habit of constantly pushing myself to boldly approach random
women in different social situations was my approach anxiety, because my approach anxiety
subconsciously became my main motivational trigger that was making me boldly approach
random women especially in high-risk social situations.

The more approach anxiety I felt, the more encouraged and motivated I was to approach a
random woman no matter what kind of situation she was in and who she was potentially with
at the time.

b) the second thing that got me in the same unhealthy habit of constantly forcing myself to
boldly approach any random woman that I was sexually attracted to was an abnormal sense
of entitlement. I later realized that I'd absorbed this sense of entitlement and got it to become
part of my personality through the process of learning the game since most pua trainers often
teach guys to feel entitled to freely approach any woman they like.

As the result of my mental health research, I learned that one of the main behavioral traits
of the guys who suffer from narcissistic personality disorder is exactly the same kind of
unhealthy sense of entitlement when boldly approaching random women anywhere they go.

c) the self-destructive habit of constantly forcing myself to boldly approach random women
in dangerous, high-risk situations is one of the main behavioral traits of sociopaths and the
guys who suffer from borderline personality disorder.

In short, the most common symptom of the men suffering from borderline personality disorder
is boldly engaging in dangerous life situations. In terms of dating and picking up women, this
refers to any kind of out-of-control, compulsive sexual behavior where a man often stupidly
exposes himself to an unnecessary risk or danger of getting harmed in one way or another,
because he starts to feel guilty if he doesn't take the challenge of getting himself involved
in such situation.

By the way, what I've just shared with you are also the symptoms of sexual addiction.

So, this is exactly how my initial pickup and sex obsession turned into a long-term sexual
addiction with the symptoms of borderline and narcissistic personality disorders.

And, here's the conclusion I got to after I finally got myself out of this whole trouble.

I got stuck in the vicious circle of anxiety-driven, out-of-control, compulsive sexual behaviors
around meeting women for years purely because of my childhood's hurt self-esteem that I
desperately wanted to lift up by sleeping with as many women in my entire lifetime as possible
just to be able to defiantly show off to my peers how sexually powerful and successful with
women I was.

Hope you find this post enlightening and helpful.

Bruno