PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

How to Use Routines 2.0
The biggest problem with using routines (prescripted lines) is that they often appear to be in-congruent, fake and inauthentic. The target audience can smell an agenda and become guarded: instead of opening up and engaging in conversation. In order for routines to work, you have to be emotionally congruent with them. If you're reciting lines, in a robotic, monotone manner, as if you're casting a spell, then you're doing it wrong. You have to say them with FEELING. They have to feel REAL, both to you and to targets. You have to say them with ENTHUSIASM: like they were exploding inside your brain and you had to release the tension by telling someone. However, unless you are superb actor, this will be viciously, brutally hard to pull off because of the following reasons:

(A) Most routines that you've read online and have nothing to with your own life and they don't match your identity. They're just waaay too far out of your lifestyle for you to talk about them in an authentic fashion.

(B) Most routines that you've read online is material that you don't have an actual, real interest in. You're just saying it because you want to get laid but not because you actually enjoy the conversation.

(C) Females are highly intuitive and have an epic bullshit detector. They are experts at being able to tell if someone is genuinely interested in the conversation that he is spewing or if he doesn't care about what he's talking about but is only talking about it in order to get laid. They've been hit on dozens and dozens of times before, enough to recognize subtle nuances in your body-language that reveal your true intentions.

So one might think that the solution would be to have no routines at all, go into set with an empty mind and rely on your improvisational and observational skills to produce spontaneous, entertaining conversation. This is great if you're on that level! However, many of us aren't. When we try to think of something clever to say to the girl: our mind draws blank, we freeze up and nothing comes out of our mouth. The awkward silence is followed by us running away with a tail behind our legs.

Guy: "hi :)"
Girl: "ummm... hi?"
Guy: "uhh..............................................................................................."
*awkward silence*
Girl: "0_o"
Guy: "Well nice to meet you. Bye!"
Girl: "ummm... bye?"

It's essential to have a few conversation starters in your pocket, ready to go, in case the social interaction is on the verge of dying because your mind is on a mental vacation to WoW instead of focusing on the task on hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another issue that newbies that encounter is this: even if they are able to say something to the conversation instead of shooting a blank, it's lame and boring. What they say is too boring to actually hook the set. (And hooking the set is one of the most crucial moments of the pickup because without the hook the girl will leave the interaction.) This is especially a problem in stimulating environments such as nightclubs where dozens of other elements are grabbing at the females attention: why should she stick around with a guy who is incredibly boring, dull and noticeably just like every other guy.

Guy: "uhh.............I like your shoes"
Girl: "okay... thanks.... I guess..."
Guy: "you're welcome... their design is intriguing"
Girl: "0_O"
Guy: "where did you get them?"
Girl: "....Macys..."
Guy: "My mom usually buys me shoes"
Girl: "That's nice"
Guy: "You're hair is really long"
Girl: "Hey... I have to get to class" *leaves*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the solution?
NATURAL ROUTINES
(Note for potential skeptics: this a new breed of routines that is totally different than the former. It accomplishes the original intention of the former without having it's limitations and drawbacks).
(A) The preplanned conversation should be something that is actually relevant to your life. That way it will be highly congruent with your identity and won't come off as trying to be something that you're not.

(B) You should talk about something that you actually really enjoy in life. Something that you really care about. Don't talk about something you don't actually care about and pretend to care about. Instead talk about something that you do care about and amplify your emotions towards the subject in order to be even more enthusiastic about it!

(C) Since people in general are intelligent beings, not fools: it pays to not attempt to trick them but rather be very real with them. You should have a conversation about [XYZ] not just to get laid. But rather have a conversation about [XYZ] because you actually enjoy talking about [XYZ] and also because you want to get laid.

So here's a summary of the most important issues that I've written so far:
1. Natural Routines are radically different than the inferior predecessor. Call them Routines 2.0
2. They're something super-relevant to your life.
3. They're REAL.

MORE REASONS TO USE NATURAL ROUTINES:
Some of the biggest names in the seduction community have used and proved routines to be effective. Including Neil Strauss, Mystery, Nick Savoy and Sinn. They WORK REALLY WELL when used correctly. But when used incorrectly (unnatural routines) they backfire and produce catastrophic, horrific results. Routines are like a grenade. With one who doesn't know how to use them

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:58 am 
New to MPUA Forum

This is an interesting model you've put forth, and I'm going to have to agree with you in regard to the fact that unless efficient enthusiastically charged material is delivered in a congruent fashion you will never reach a hook point in any kind of environment, let alone a high stimulation one like a club. However it seemed like the majority of your article was geared towards delivery of canned openers, and I'm going to assume demonstrations of higher value.

Anything pre-planned action could essentially be called a "routine", be it a qualifier, a dhv, a kiss close, conversational opener, non verbal opener, LMR routine etc. I have specific routines I go through when I bring a women back to my house. You present a lot of good ideas, as many coaches and gurus suggest its a good idea to write 5 of your own openers, and 5 of your own DHV's and laden them with aplha characteristics and the colorful language patterns women love to hear. Of course these stories and starters should be derived from your own life/passions so they will be delivered with in a congruent, emotionally appropriate manner.

Perhaps this is an issue of inner game, re-discovering your passions, becoming excited about life, building confidence, and most importantly state regulation. And by that I mean where to be on the emotional scale while interacting/delivering canned material to another person.

Either way it was a great article, definitely got me thinking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:16 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Nice ideas you have in this post...but they aren't really anything new. Natural routines are a cornerstone of natural game and there's not much new about that.

Also, certain things that we are passionate about may not be hold the interest of people in certain places. I.E., even though you love books and reading, it's probably not a good idea to approach a woman with that if you meet her in a sports bar.

This post could really be enhanced with a detailed scenario rather than simple theory...there's already a ton of that floating around, especially as it pertains to natural game/routines.

-Jackie Chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:38 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is VERY VERY true. A few years ago I had this happen:

Me: Running my routine "blah blah blah blah"
I thought i was doing a pretty good job.

Her: "....Oh I see. You're building up some rapport with me. Then eventually you'll actually get up to asking for my number or ask me out on a date?"

Me: stunned :roll: "....uh...."

Her: smiles Nice ....but I actually have a boyfriend."

And with that she walks away. Was I that obvious?

Lesson learned: I wasn't calibrated, I wasn't confident if i'd get anywhere with her, and everything sounded like some big rehearsed gambit to get into her panties. Since then, I only stick to routines that feel natural to me and that I don't conciously have to think through in order to get through the conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:25 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
How to Use Routines 2.0
The biggest problem with using routines (prescripted lines) is that they often appear to be in-congruent, fake and inauthentic. The target audience can smell an agenda and become guarded: instead of opening up and engaging in conversation. In order for routines to work, you have to be emotionally congruent with them. If you're reciting lines, in a robotic, monotone manner, as if you're casting a spell, then you're doing it wrong. You have to say them with FEELING. They have to feel REAL, both to you and to targets. You have to say them with ENTHUSIASM: like they were exploding inside your brain and you had to release the tension by telling someone. However, unless you are superb actor, this will be viciously, brutally hard to pull off because of the following reasons:

(A) Most routines that you've read online and have nothing to with your own life and they don't match your identity. They're just waaay too far out of your lifestyle for you to talk about them in an authentic fashion.

(B) Most routines that you've read online is material that you don't have an actual, real interest in. You're just saying it because you want to get laid but not because you actually enjoy the conversation.

(C) Females are highly intuitive and have an epic bullshit detector. They are experts at being able to tell if someone is genuinely interested in the conversation that he is spewing or if he doesn't care about what he's talking about but is only talking about it in order to get laid. They've been hit on dozens and dozens of times before, enough to recognize subtle nuances in your body-language that reveal your true intentions.

So one might think that the solution would be to have no routines at all, go into set with an empty mind and rely on your improvisational and observational skills to produce spontaneous, entertaining conversation. This is great if you're on that level! However, many of us aren't. When we try to think of something clever to say to the girl: our mind draws blank, we freeze up and nothing comes out of our mouth. The awkward silence is followed by us running away with a tail behind our legs.

Guy: "uhh..............................................................................................."
*awkward silence*
Girl: "0_o"
Guy: "Well nice to meet you. Bye!"
Girl: "ummm... bye?"

It's essential to have a few conversation starters in your pocket, ready to go, in case the social interaction is on the verge of dying because your mind is on a mental vacation to WoW instead of focusing on the task on hand.

Another issue that newbies that encounter is this: even if they are able to say something to the conversation instead of shooting a blank, it's lame and boring. What they say is too boring to actually hook the set. (And hooking the set is one of the most crucial moments of the pickup because without the hook the girl will leave the interaction.) This is especially a problem in stimulating environments such as nightclubs where dozens of other elements are grabbing at the females attention: why should she stick around with a guy who is incredibly boring, dull and noticeably just like every other guy.

Guy: "uhh.............I like your shoes"
Girl: "okay... thanks.... I guess..."
Guy: "you're welcome... their design is intriguing"
Girl: "0_O"
Guy: "where did you get them?"
Girl: "....Macys..."
Guy: "My mom usually buys me shoes"
Girl: "That's nice"
Guy: "You're hair is really long"
Girl: "Hey... I have to get to class" *leaves*

What is the solution?
NATURAL ROUTINES
(Note for potential skeptics: this a new breed of routines that is totally different than the former. It accomplishes the original intention of the former without having it's limitations and drawbacks).
(A) The preplanned conversation should be something that is actually relevant to your life. That way it will be highly congruent with your identity and won't come off as trying to be something that you're not.

(B) You should talk about something that you actually really enjoy in life. Something that you really care about. Don't talk about something you don't actually care about and pretend to care about. Instead talk about something that you do care about and amplify your emotions towards the subject in order to be even more enthusiastic about it!

(C) Since people in general are intelligent beings, not fools: it pays to not attempt to trick them but rather be very real with them. You should have a conversation about [XYZ] not just to get laid. But rather have a conversation about [XYZ] because you actually enjoy talking about [XYZ] and also because you want to get laid.

So here's a summary of the most important issues that I've written so far:
1. Natural Routines are radically different than the inferior predecessor. Call them Routines 2.0
2. They're something super-relevant to your life.
3. They're REAL.

MORE REASONS TO USE NATURAL ROUTINES:
Some of the biggest names in the seduction community have used and proved routines to be effective. Including Neil Strauss, Mystery, Nick Savoy and Sinn. They WORK REALLY WELL when used correctly. But when used incorrectly (unnatural routines) they backfire and produce catastrophic, horrific results. Routines are like a grenade. With one who doesn't know how to use them
Good information for the newbies. However, I will echo the statement that it's generallly well known. E.g. Style's openers were all PERSONAL to him, and he encouraged students of attraction to script their own openers that resonated with them rather than repeating lines they heard somewhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:18 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
This is VERY VERY true. A few years ago I had this happen:

Me: Running my routine "blah blah blah blah"
I thought i was doing a pretty good job.

Her: "....Oh I see. You're building up some rapport with me. Then eventually you'll actually get up to asking for my number or ask me out on a date?"

Me: stunned :roll: "....uh...."

Her: smiles Nice ....but I actually have a boyfriend."

And with that she walks away. Was I that obvious?

Lesson learned: I wasn't calibrated, I wasn't confident if i'd get anywhere with her, and everything sounded like some big rehearsed gambit to get into her panties. Since then, I only stick to routines that feel natural to me and that I don't conciously have to think through in order to get through the conversation.
Last week i met a girl, that knew lot's of things about pick-up thanks to her brother... even that even she knows what i do, she gave me her facebook and is investing in chats with me.. why? because i'm ok with that, actually i changed her opinion of pick-up at 180 degrees.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:04 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Heheh I have a very young baby and when she starts getting older I'll be passing on everything I can think of to guard her against PUA's, every girl is some guys daughter but I'll make sure mine makes it as hard as possible.