Post subject: Analog Marking
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:00 am 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Seems pretty powerful. Does anyone have some patterns or sentence structure already adapted for pick up?

Post subject: RE: Analogue Marking
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:31 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

It is powerful. Quite honestly I prefer it to the classic embedded command patterns simply because with analogue marking, you can throw the commands into a paragraph of conversation without having to risk breaking rapport. If she thinks you're talking about the "a-hole boss" you work for, she has no clue that every now and then you're peppering your phrases with words that add up to a command. 3-5 words per command, give a two sentence time-out between commands.

The simplest example is the "scratch your nose" test. The best way to make someone open to your commands is to get them into a conversation that is based on something that interests them (the very first time I tried it, I was talking to a friend about punk rock, because he is a punk rock guy, I could not believe it worked but I tried it again talking to someone else about hunting and it worked like a charm). It gets them to keep their attention on you. Communication is always a give and take.

I woke up with a scratch on my leg this morning. I guess I slept really hard, like one of those sleeps where you're dead to the world? God only knows how it happened but it's rather irritating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:03 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Yahoo Messenger: debiruman665@rocketmail.com
I've never heard of this can anyone explain?

Post subject: RE: Analogue Marking
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:00 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Fear not lol, you probably have heard of this. Embedded commands are a form of analogue marking. You use verbal and non-verbal cues to slip your suggestions into the subconscious mind. Instead of using weasel and sneak phrases to deliver whole commands (when you "think about it tonight" or whatever), you are marking out individual words that add up to the command (ie the last paragraph of my other reply, notice the words in italics: scratch you're knows). I've found it works best when you wrap up your analogue pattern with ""just do it" or "make it happen" as a full embedded command, it gets the wheels turning on making your suggestions come to life. With the use of ambiguity and some other hypnotic language bits, you can get really artistic about how it works.

For example, say you wanted to embed the command (and forgive my lack of cooth as I'm in a rush) "feel really great about me" (which is rather direct). You would put those words throughout a pattern:

I just started this great new job and I FEEL as if they are REALLY going to work me a lot. I think it's GREAT though, because the co-workers are starting to already say good things ABOUT ME.

See if you can take any command set you want, and work it into a conversation about something other than sex, love, woozy-doozy feelings and all that. Talk about boating or something, and pepper in those commands, and tie it all together at the end with the embedded command "make it happen", or "just do it" or "do it right now", you get the picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

would a drop in tonality suffice or would I need to anchor the words with a gesture?

I was thinking about something similar where I embedded commands between the end and the beginning of several consecutive sentances but it looked too obvious

Post subject: Either/Or
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:48 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

A drop in tonality works fine, especially for phone-work or in situations where their attention is slightly diverted (riding in a car for example). I'm a bit of a stickler, you can use different ways to mark out your words, however, my line of thought is: if you use a bunch of verbal and non-verbal cues to mark-out, you'll basically have to be a robot and sit still, otherwise you may slip some incidentals in your command. It may still work, but I say if what you are already doing is effective, there is NO need to change it up and risk losing congruency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:38 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'll give it a try tommorrow see how many noses I can scratch

Post subject: Ha Ha
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

That's the spirit. Definitely a good idea to start off with harmless stuff.

Post subject: Let Me Clear That Up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:24 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Stay harmless. I'm new to the forum so I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me lol. I mean "harmless" relative to using this stuff to amp up your game on actual HBs. Use it only when you're sure you will leave them better than you found them, always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Questions -

How long do embedded commands last? I.e. for embedding things like "call me" or other future events. Would the person actually remember one or two days down the line to call you?

Also what about drunk people? On the one hand, drunk ppl's logical facilities are down and they are more relaxed so it should be easier to access their subconscious. On the other hand, being drunk also slurs your memory.. so how would embedded commands work on a drunk person?

And on that note.. what about someone who is asleep.. they can't hear you consciously but the embedded commands should still embed themselves like hypnotherapy??? I ask this last question b/c when I was young I use to go to a church where some of the pastors gave really really boring sermons that would put everyone to sleep and in those sermons, after everyone dozed off, they often embedded different commands. To the untrained eye, they were just uninspired writers. To the trained eye, they were NLP/hypnosis practitioners. I always wondered whether this really worked or not, but given that my church has a somewhat "cultish" tendencies, I suppose that they did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Some people believe that you are extremely suggestive while you sleep... at least during the state of dreaming; which is in deep alpha and Theta I think.

It has at least been proven to be a connection between being in the Alpha state (I'm talking brainwaves here)
and suggestibility, some claim that you are as much as 25 times as suggestible, but that's probably pretty exaggerated.

Drunk people are already hypnotized, so it can be difficult to compete with the reduced state they are already in.

and embedded commands, depending on the person, I'd say they can last for a while, like when <i>you want to call me</i> I can be reached at 1234567 or something like that.
But generally They are more directed for immediate response.

e.g. how you may find that Your Mine(the d is mute so it sounds like mine) sometimes just want to Sleep Now, but your body may try to stay awake just a little longer. Until it finally just Decide to Let Go, and Drift into that pleasant Relaxed state where all your worries just melt away....

or
You may Feel the Desire when you are faced with a New Direction (Nude erection...) to Just Reach out and grab it.... Grabbing hold of ha-penis and Feeling so Good. Wanting to feel ha-penis deep inside. The warm glow of it penetrating you and allowing you to really Feel Good.

And so on.

In churches it's more the rhythm of the songs and preaching that gets you into a receptive state (remember what I said about the Alpha waves earlier.) which then is suited to make you accept "savior" or whatever they sell.

Some churches even have different kinds of candles, incense and even in some cases a priest who stands behind the mass chanting in a slow rhythm (45-60 bpm) to aid people into the relaxed trance-like state, where they are more susceptible to the Preacher's words about savior and damnation, sin and suchlike.
In effect Masses can be very much like a hypnotic trance.
Some people you may see have foggy eyes, slowed breathing, relaxed facial muscles, they may be slowly swaying from side to side, some even stop swallowing. Depending on the efficiency and ability of the particular church you may find more of the common signs of being in a Trance.

But I'll not go deeper into that.

I think the Pastors may have had some passion and maybe a little guidance, but the part about being boring is not really an efficient way to go.

It is then better to initiate the imagination of the subject(s) and let them dream into the desired state. You have a far firmer grip on the person if their imagination is led by your voice, and not away from it. ;)

Post subject: Yeppers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Now, I've heard a two different rulings on the effectiveness of embedded commands. One is that in order to make it stick you use 3 presuppositions then the command:

someone is doing something somewhere and you can get what I'm saying

I have used this method and it has worked with immediate or near-immediate effect. I don't always use the 3-pre method, but I always use the prepatory phrases (I can't stand calling them "weasel phrases") I'll save it for the end just to really drive the point of the pattern home. Especially when I've acheived rapport and it's time to wrap-up the visualization part of a pattern.

The second one is that you make the suggestion 6 times using various language model patterns. Then again, this was Erickson's own method, and he was performing miracles in a clinical setting.

The duck says "This is easy to understand".

Post subject: Re: Analog Marking
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello, I'm new here and I've read about analog marking and it only works with 'to scratch your nose' and 'to relax' in my experiments.
But it doesn't work for other commands. Does anyone here have experience with using them and succeding? Because it doesn't seem to work.

Post subject: Re: Analog Marking
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:50 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Embedded commands and analog marking are the same thing. You need to use several commands of the same suggestion in different wording if you want it to work. All it does is put a thought in the back of their head. For example, if someone says honda accord, don't you think of a cord to a vaccum cleaner or something, in the back of your mind? The word cord is embedded in honda accord.