PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:29 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Hey all,

I ended up meeting up with a girl I met online yesterday. The first time we were supposed to meet up she bailed a few hours before, but asked for another day early this week. I suggested Monday and yesterday I met her. Seemed like a great date. She seemed attractive, told me she thought I was funny, and apparently Tinder wasn't all useless because she met me. A couple of hours into it, I suggested a change of scenery, my place to show her a jazz recording she was asking about. She agreed and so we left the bar. Just a short while out of the bar, she said she should actually be smart and go to bed early, she then emphasized that she would "love" to do it another time. I was going to set it for this weekend, but remembered she had told me she was going skiing out of town for the weekend. I told her I would text her with a time. She then asked if I would walk her to her car, which I did, and we ended up having a short make out before she left.
Later today, I texted her my favourite song (which she had asked me to do). My text looked like this: "Avishai Cohen Trio: Eleven Wives. Did you know Dumbledore dies?? Also how does Monday work for you?" (she had told me she was a massive Harry Potter nerd)

12 hours later she texts back: "Monday? Can't...going to be grieving Dumbledore that day ;) I'm going to listen to your song tomorrow, I'm excited haha it doesn't look top 40 though :-P"

I'm not going to text her back until tomorrow or the following day, but should I offer another day or just wait for her to suggest a date. I would think if she was interested she would offer another suggestion. Perhaps I'll let her wait it out until she possibly gets back to me?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:22 pm 

Quote:
she said she should actually be smart and go to bed early, she then emphasized that she would "love" to do it another time.
It was at this point she realized she was going back to your place to have sex... and she got cold feet. Possibly wasn't ready for it yet; or possibly doesn't see that happening with you.

I'm not convinced the girl is all that into you, honestly, based on what you've written here. "Lukewarm" is what I'd call it.

Quote:
I'm not going to text her back until tomorrow or the following day, but should I offer another day or just wait for her to suggest a date. I would think if she was interested she would offer another suggestion. Perhaps I'll let her wait it out until she possibly gets back to me?
You're overthinking things. Just ask her what her schedule looks like this week. Go from there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:08 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
she said she should actually be smart and go to bed early, she then emphasized that she would "love" to do it another time.
It was at this point she realized she was going back to your place to have sex... and she got cold feet. Possibly wasn't ready for it yet; or possibly doesn't see that happening with you.

I'm not convinced the girl is all that into you, honestly, based on what you've written here. "Lukewarm" is what I'd call it.

Quote:
You're overthinking things. Just ask her what her schedule looks like this week. Go from there.
Good call, I was thinking that too. Do you think I should change the plan rather than bringing her straight to my place? We were originally going to play board games at my house.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 pm 

Quote:
We were originally going to play board games at my house.
If this was your plan, change it immediately.

Board games!??

Honestly, if she comes back to your place, it's for sex, or at least fooling around. She knows that... so you basically only have to offer her a half-legitimate reason to come back there. Board games is "loosely legitimate, but really boring sounding"... It'll work.

Say a movie next time.

It should be your goal to get her back there, yes... but you can't make it sound like you're just trying to get in her pants. If it's naturally flowing, then yeah, invite her back... Like if you finish your drinks and still want to do something else, suggest a couple alternatives...

IE: "Well we could check out the lounge down the street, or we could head back to my place and watch a movie. I have some very cool fish you should see, as well."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:17 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
We were originally going to play board games at my house.
If this was your plan, change it immediately.

Board games!??

Honestly, if she comes back to your place, it's for sex, or at least fooling around. She knows that... so you basically only have to offer her a half-legitimate reason to come back there. Board games is "loosely legitimate, but really boring sounding"... It'll work.

Say a movie next time.

It should be your goal to get her back there, yes... but you can't make it sound like you're just trying to get in her pants. If it's naturally flowing, then yeah, invite her back... Like if you finish your drinks and still want to do something else, suggest a couple alternatives...

IE: "Well we could check out the lounge down the street, or we could head back to my place and watch a movie. I have some very cool fish you should see, as well."
haha well board games came up in conversation which is when I made the transition to come see my new roommate's collection. I actually didn't come up with any alternatives or make any new suggestions since she changed her mind and said "I'd love to do that another time though".