PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:05 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I’d greatly appreciate it if you guys could critique my okcupid profile. I don’t want to post a link to it for privacy reasons, so I’ll just copy and paste the profile.

Here is my profile:

My self-summary
Hi there. I grew up in [southern state] (but I don’t have a southern accent), went to college in [state], and now I’m working in [state]. I’m working in drug development blah blah this sounds like a cover letter. Yeah, I suck at writing cover letters.

My Myers-Briggs type is "oh, this looks interesting...wait, how long is this thing!?"

What I’m doing with my life
Stuff.

I’m really good at
Doing impersonations (especially Irish).

The first things people usually notice about me
Can I see your tattoos?
When did you get them done?
Where did you get them done?
How much did they cost?
How long did it take?
What do they mean?
Did it hurt?

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Music: Mainly indie rock, indie pop, electronica and punk.

Movies: I like all kinds of genres, but my favorite is horror. I also really like sci-fi.

TV shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire, Homeland, Key and Peele and more.

Food: Human flesh. I'm up for anything.

The six things I could never do without
Food…water…look at this wit!

I spend a lot of time thinking about
The inevitable zombie apocalypse.

On a typical Friday night I am
Robbing a bank.

You should message me if
You promise not to chop me up in your basement.

---

In the pictures section, it has a bunch of pictures of me alone taken by someone else. One of them is a cropped picture of me drinking beer with some people and another is a cropped picture of me playing pool with some people (cropped as in it only shows me). The others are just me alone, but not in a social setting. Some of my pictures show my tattoos (I have 2 sleeve tattoos). I’m a very introverted person, so I don’t have any pictures of me doing anything interesting or exciting. That’s part of the reason why I don’t say too much about my life in my profile.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:23 pm 

Quote:
I’d greatly appreciate it if you guys could critique my okcupid profile. I don’t want to post a link to it for privacy reasons, so I’ll just copy and paste the profile.

Here is my profile:

My self-summary
Hi there. I grew up in [southern state] (but I don’t have a southern accent), went to college in [state], and now I’m working in [state]. I’m working in drug development blah blah this sounds like a cover letter. Yeah, I suck at writing cover letters.

My Myers-Briggs type is "oh, this looks interesting...wait, how long is this thing!?"

What I’m doing with my life
Stuff.

I’m really good at
Doing impersonations (especially Irish).

The first things people usually notice about me
Can I see your tattoos?
When did you get them done?
Where did you get them done?
How much did they cost?
How long did it take?
What do they mean?
Did it hurt?

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Music: Mainly indie rock, indie pop, electronica and punk.

Movies: I like all kinds of genres, but my favorite is horror. I also really like sci-fi.

TV shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire, Homeland, Key and Peele and more.

Food: Human flesh. I'm up for anything.

The six things I could never do without
Food…water…look at this wit!

I spend a lot of time thinking about
The inevitable zombie apocalypse.

On a typical Friday night I am
Robbing a bank.

You should message me if
You promise not to chop me up in your basement.

---

In the pictures section, it has a bunch of pictures of me alone taken by someone else. One of them is a cropped picture of me drinking beer with some people and another is a cropped picture of me playing pool with some people (cropped as in it only shows me). The others are just me alone, but not in a social setting. Some of my pictures show my tattoos (I have 2 sleeve tattoos). I’m a very introverted person, so I don’t have any pictures of me doing anything interesting or exciting. That’s part of the reason why I don’t say too much about my life in my profile.

Your photos are much more important than your profile. Post it up if you'd like a critique... we can tell you which are good and bad pretty quickly. if you don't want to post em, feel free to PM them to me.

Your profile is pretty dry, and not especially humorous (and again, it doesn't matter that much - your pics matter).

I would definitely get rid of the line about eating human flesh. Zero women will find that attractive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

if you are in a good shape make no t-shirt pictures plus it will expose your tattoos. Many good looking girls like tattoos. But don't make selfies. Ask somebody to take these pictures at the beach for example.

And from my experience pof is easier than okcupid to get a date. But couple of days ago, I checked traffics of dating sites on alexa.com and okcupid is number one. For some reason it's getting more popular.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 pm 
Dedicated Member

Don't take shirtless pictures even if you have a bunch of tats and have muscles coming out of your eyeballs. It looks desperate. Well if you are on the beach it might come off less desperate looking. Girls see a bunch of guys with shirtless selfies and they associate guys with shirtless pics to those losers.

them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:16 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Don't take shirtless pictures even if you have a bunch of tats and have muscles coming out of your eyeballs. It looks desperate. Well if you are on the beach it might come off less desperate looking. Girls see a bunch of guys with shirtless selfies and they associate guys with shirtless pics to those losers.
it happens only if you are some skinny guy, but if your shape is really good (really big muscles and tattoos) you only have to send Hi as the first message to any hot girl and she starts to talk to you. I tested it, with fake account.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:53 pm 
Dedicated Member

I tested a fake account 1 time and got ip banned from pof

I looked up what I would have to do to avoid their filter...man I didn't feel like going through all of that so I'm still banned. They caught me because I signed in from both accounts from the same ip. They probably compared it and realized I wasn't the same person since one was supposed to be in new york.

DO NOT make a fake account with POF. that was the first and last time I made one of those accounts. It was a real eye opener in terms of what kind of messages you get from guys. It was this cute little Russian new york exchange student.

I saw mostly stuff like hi, hey, what's up, you're hot, one guy wrote a poem about friends. I know the trick either he really sat there and took the time to write my fake account a poem or he wrote up the poem on the keyword friends and just did a keyword search for every girl that had friends on their accounts and pasted it to every one.
Even if you switch computers they track the pictures and your particular style of wording and profile information.

I had very little information on the account mind you.

After a while I noticed a few of the larger messages had the same patterns. I could tell that some guys are using systems and what systems the guys who were sending them were using.

You would be amazed how much a woman can get away with. and how much chumps will put up with. I was making racist comments and talking about peoples mothers and then making them tell me jokes and stories it was ridiculous!..

Anyway back on topic

The muscled guys might get more responses if split tested. I took the knowledge about pictures at face value and didn't test it. But I did test selfies of myself on hot or not with and without a shirt on in the bathroom mirror and the one with shirt did better. I'm more shredded and ripped than muscled. In my morning stretch I'm up to 90 push ups now.

The morning stretch. I started doing these easy exercises. one of them is push ups. At first I could only do 30 push ups before I reached a point where the strugle would happen slightly. Then I just do that every day until I don't feel the struggle at all. THEN INCREASE BY 5.

I put on 10 pounds of muscle going from 145 to 155 doing monster mass before I started this new thing I came up with. Basically all of this talking is to let you know that in person I look much better with my shirt off than on right now.

But test that shit for yourself and tell us the results.

them.