Post subject: How to Use Poetry
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

"My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." - Jack Kerouac

That's a favorite quote from a girl I know from an office setting that I'm trying to seduce. (I found out about it via her LinkedIn page.) Since she styles herself a poet, I would like to leverage that, since I am a writer, and a (little) poetic myself. I don't know much Kerouac, but he was a friend of Dylan's and while poetry is broad, and while this is quite AFC, I hope to find some common ground with her within it.

As a seducer, my goal is to stir her passions, and by that, control her, but how do I use poetry, in particular? It's a useful conversation piece, but beyond that, It allows me to talk about writing, the topic of writing, and writers I love. No guarantees, of course, but I'm trying to avoid just being tone deaf.

http://thevanitymirror.com/
(I think I'm provocative in a good way; see if you concur!)

Post subject: Re: How to Use Poetry
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 pm 
High Priest of Debauchery

Karate gets you laid better than poetry. I write poems. I do Karate. Karate gets pussy. Poetry retains pussy.

Karate first, then poetry. Muay Thai is also good.

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

general-questions/topic137931.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

So you know, I do karate, too...and work out (and we all know fitness is attractive). Haven't gotten any yet. How, in your words, is karate going to help?

Beyond that, though, you say poetry is better at keeping a girl, than getting one? Elaborate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:38 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Just be curious about why she likes poetry. You don't even have to pretend to care about, you only need to care that she likes it and you like to see her get excited and share in the joy she feels.

It's called "being interested in her". Don't look for angles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:39 am 

Quote:
So you know, I do karate, too...and work out (and we all know fitness is attractive). Haven't gotten any yet. How, in your words, is karate going to help?
Testosterone displays. Few girls watch karate tournaments. There are school events though that demonstrate the power of martial arts styles. That's how you get laid. It's like advertising. There has to be viewers and audiences. Figure it out.

Hints: A lot of girls watch the UFC (not for the fights) for the naked bodies of men in shorts. A lot of gays watch WWE wrestling for the naked bodies of men in panties. Keywords: Testosterone. Masculinity. Display.
Quote:
Beyond that, though, you say poetry is better at keeping a girl, than getting one? Elaborate.
I wrote poetry in high school to try and get girls. Doesn't work dude. Now, I've rehashed some of those poems and gave some to girlfriends. Girls keep those things (fancy paper printouts of poems) and read them up at night before they sleep. That's you occupying their mental space.

Here are my two essential rules on texting that will save you tons of time and money:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:22 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Testosterone displays. Few girls watch karate tournaments. There are school events though that demonstrate the power of martial arts styles. That's how you get laid. It's like advertising. There has to be viewers and audiences. Figure it out.

Hints: A lot of girls watch the UFC (not for the fights) for the naked bodies of men in shorts. A lot of gays watch WWE wrestling for the naked bodies of men in panties. Keywords: Testosterone. Masculinity. Display.
Quote:
I wrote poetry in high school to try and get girls. Doesn't work dude. Now, I've rehashed some of those poems and gave some to girlfriends. Girls keep those things (fancy paper printouts of poems) and read them up at night before they sleep. That's you occupying their mental space.
I see. So you mean karate helps by it allows male displays of testosterone? I agree, but on the street, and outside the dojo and tournament, it doesn't do much good. Thus, are you saying I should enter more tournaments? I'm not doing any now, but...
Quote:
Just be curious about why she likes poetry. You don't even have to pretend to care about, you only need to care that she likes it and you like to see her get excited and share in the joy she feels.

It's called "being interested in her". Don't look for angles.
Fair enough. It just pleased me because poetry, if not a big interest in me, is one of many things I do have interest in, and can talk about it. I still have to learn about keeping a conversation going, though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:33 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I see. So you mean karate helps by it allows male displays of testosterone? I agree, but on the street, and outside the dojo and tournament, it doesn't do much good. Thus, are you saying I should enter more tournaments? I'm not doing any now, but...
No.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:43 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Just say a bunch of Marilyn Monroe quotes. Chicks think you're wise and deep. Then, they laugh their asses off when they realize it was just you spouting Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn Monroe is the chick you want these girls to idolize. She was very sexually open and for some reason women love her for it, so take advantage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Quote:
Quote:
I see. So you mean karate helps by it allows male displays of testosterone? I agree, but on the street, and outside the dojo and tournament, it doesn't do much good. Thus, are you saying I should enter more tournaments? I'm not doing any now, but...[/quote]

No.[/quote]
Hm. What do you mean?
Quote:
Just say a bunch of Marilyn Monroe quotes. Chicks think you're wise and deep. Then, they laugh their asses off when they realize it was just you spouting Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn Monroe is the chick you want these girls to idolize. She was very sexually open and for some reason women love her for it, so take advantage.
"Flattery will get you everywhere"? Dunno if she said it, but I think I get the idea.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:01 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Give her just enough information about you without delving too deep into your poetry.

Tell her you use poetry as an outlet, as a way to express your raw thoughts and true emotions in a world of chaos, confusion and disillusionment.