Post subject: Drunk on a first date
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey guys so I went on a first date with a girl I met online. There was lots of attraction on her part, she intiated convo and exchanging numbers, and we texted a lot for a week before meeting.

We met up at a bar, had a few drinks and the bartender gave us shots. I got pretty loaded.. We ended up at another bar closer to her place and it's pretty much a Blur from there on. I remember kissing her at that bar and after that I don't really remember much haha. I woke up at her place in her bed, both of us fully clothed (hate that feeling!). The morning wasn't too awkward, and it kind of seemed like she wanted me to stay when I told her I had to go. A big hug as I was out the door and that was it.

So yea.. That day I texted her saying if she wanted some company tonight to let me know, she replied with "okay ". Didnt hear fromn her that night. We've texted a bit since then but not nearly as much. I did say "Let's hangout again, next time with slightly less alcohol though" and we laughed about it. She agreed to it but we didnt discuss a date. I think I said "what are you up to this weekend?", and the next day she said she might be headed out of town, to which I didn't reply.

I don't really care if I don't see her again, but if I can than I would like to, she's pretty hot.. And cool. Also I know she thinks I'm really attractive, but that may have diminished a bit seeing me so drunk already.. I should mention that I'm not sure how drunk she was, definitely not as much as me though.

How should I go about salvaging this one?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:46 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Hey guys so I went on a first date with a girl I met online. There was lots of attraction on her part, she intiated convo and exchanging numbers, and we texted a lot for a week before meeting.

We met up at a bar, had a few drinks and the bartender gave us shots. I got pretty loaded.. We ended up at another bar closer to her place and it's pretty much a Blur from there on. I remember kissing her at that bar and after that I don't really remember much haha. I woke up at her place in her bed, both of us fully clothed (hate that feeling!). The morning wasn't too awkward, and it kind of seemed like she wanted me to stay when I told her I had to go. A big hug as I was out the door and that was it.

So yea.. That day I texted her saying if she wanted some company tonight to let me know, she replied with "okay ". Didnt hear fromn her that night. We've texted a bit since then but not nearly as much. I did say "Let's hangout again, next time with slightly less alcohol though" and we laughed about it. She agreed to it but we didnt discuss a date. I think I said "what are you up to this weekend?", and the next day she said she might be headed out of town, to which I didn't reply.

I don't really care if I don't see her again, but if I can than I would like to, she's pretty hot.. And cool. Also I know she thinks I'm really attractive, but that may have diminished a bit seeing me so drunk already.. I should mention that I'm not sure how drunk she was, definitely not as much as me though.

How should I go about salvaging this one?
Well sounds like she's still interested in getting together... but you have to arrange something. Just don't spend too much time on it. Ask her out (give her 3 strikes) if she stands you up or acts busy then move on. One thing I've seen often enough with women is you have windows of opportunity that come... but once they are gone, they are gone. From the way she's responding you might not get a second shot.

What's your goal? Sex? If it is then try to get to her place again since you've already been there and start drinking. She should too. Alcohol increases your lay chances. But don't go too far you don't want wiskey dick (I once had a hot girl laying on top of me but I was so exhausted I could barely grab her butt).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:59 pm 

I disagree with the poster above. I think she's lamenting her drunken decision... although the sex didn't happen she doesn't know what to do with things now.

You want to see her again? Try a committal invite - Example: "Hey baby - heading out to see X band at X tomorrow night. I think you should come. Whaddaya say?"

I'd have adapted that line to include 'a drink or two' except if you get wasted with the girl twice in a row you're a drunk and not a date.