Post subject: My first field practise
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:42 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hello

I just finished my first night out, and it was so awesome :mrgreen: I'm taking baby steps, and I started with opening a set and holding it alive for a bit.

I started going into the bar with a AFC friend who wanted to be my wing. We entered smiling and went for drinks. The bartender was pretty hot, and served me, after that she forgot my friend and walked away. I walked after her across the bar, negged her a bit and told her she forgot my friend. When my glass was empty, she went right up to me, smiling and looking me in the eyes and asked if she could take it :o i've been at the bar for a year, never seen it happen before

I had memorized two openers. The first one was "does my friend look gay". I asked a two set, and one of them studied him and said... "no?" but the other girl said "excuse us", turned her back as we really had interrupted them. I said "ok" and gave them my excusemeforbeingnice look. I wasn't insulted at all, had I done something wrong? My wing got a bit depressed afterwards though, I tried to cheer him up, but he refused to try again.

The other girl I did the 80's music opener with, I started asking her about the name, and she smiled and said she didn't know. Later I yelled the artist, and we had a little conversation. Although she turned around incredibly fast, and I said she could join us if she wanted to. She gave me a smile and a thumbs up. I found her a little later sitting bored outside with some smokers, and I was going to call a friend to go to nachspiel, a private party after the bar closes (yes, norwegian bars closes at 3am). She looked my way when I was calling. After that I nexted her with one of her male friends, unfortunately she left the bar then. I gave her a polite "bye" and she said it back.

It was incredible to see that even my toughest friends were actually all AFC's, they just found a corner, stood there and talked to each other. My friend who were sceptical to PUAs at the start, suddently got interested, and he said he'd be excited to see how it develops.

My most important experience was that I had about 0.7 seconds of time to find something more to say before they turned away. Next time I will memorize more openers and try to make them flow better over to something else. But all by all i'm happy with my first attempt :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:29 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Good to hear that!

I'm probably none to give advice yet since I've also recently started gaming (after some time checking stuff), but I'd suggest you watch some RSD's videos. Some people may be thrown back when they hear about RSD, as I was at first (mostly due to The Game), but if there's something I got out of it is to enjoy gaming, to have fun with it and to align thoughts, actions and words. That helps you not run out of things to say most of the time and be more natural, or at least it is working great for me.

Of course it's always useful to know some routines and games to DHV or just for when you really really don't know how to keep going. Anyway, just wanted to share this with you cause I also found myself in this situation.

Going out with other PUA or people interested in the game helps A LOT, by the way.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:33 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I know it helps with someone talkactive. The problems is my friends think it's way too much stress and and the number of PUA's on the west coast of Norway can be counted on one hand :? My friend said he's help me with the talking though, but do you have any links to RSD related stuff?