PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:10 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I'm a pretty short guy, going in at 5' 7''. One thing I've always struggled with is inner game, and my height is one of those insecurities. I can run the routines all day long, even coming up with some new ones on my own. Read all the books and put them to the test, but I never could sell it. Girls I'd pick up were mostly attracted to my showmanship. One took my statements of singing lightheartedly, till she saw trophies buried in a box. She looked surprised saying, "I thought you were just bull shitting me" (I was smoking roughly two packs a day, so needless to say...)

Anyways, for the past few months I've been studying kickboxing. My coach is shorter than I am who feels no need to be boisterous, or talk about his talents. When he does it is very humble and downplayed. Studying under him has relaxed me, and I feel no need to game. Before it was a necessity. I fell under the problem of 'if I don't get so many numbers tonight, or close this many targets, I have failed.' What I've noticed is, when I do interact with targets now, I don't feel the impending need to close. My approach is more relaxed, I get less irritated when a target flakes, or if my schedule prevents me from making a date, I cancel without worry. And I'll tell you why: Cause I just don't give a shit anymore. There's a new girl on every corner, and while I don't freeze myself out of any previous potential, they aren't the center of my focus anymore. Before I pretended to show disinterest, where as now I am disinterested.

We create interesting lives for ourselves to attract the female persuasion, but sometimes I feel, as a community, we don't require our female companions to interest us. Not really, anyway. There's this new bar I've been going to, and I saw a 6 foot tall beauty working behind the counter. We've talked a few times and she is so boring, or at the very least that is the persona she puts forth. I mention Kubrick or Orson Welles, recent pop culture radio crap, or even any news stories and she's lost. What does she like? From conversation I've learned tattoo's, Law and Order: SVU, and changing her hair color. Unacceptable, no matter how attractive she is, and I make sure she knows it. Plenty of guys in this place hit on her, but I'm the only one who rejects her advances and it's completely natural.

Studying a martial art has helped me quit smoking, and overall inspired me to improve my health. The mental changes I've gone through is personally amazing, and has helped indirectly with my game. I'm sure exercising period, helps. However, having a coach/personal trainer keeps me disciplined. Why I recommend martial arts is that I paying less for the same benefits of a gym trainer, and I have the confidence to defend myself. And really what woman doesn't want to feel safe, when she's out with you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:42 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

I second this post buddy back in high school I was suffering from severe low self-esteem and social anxiety, kickboxing was the spark that started a huge fire in my soul. It wasn't long before I was standing up for my self and pursuing my goals. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon when I discovered alcohol, started working and got better with women, when your getting laid fighting can become a chore especially when working and trying to maintain a social life. The angry man who hated the world is now a lover not a fighter I guess. Currently I pursue bodybuilding and I'm no where near as athletic and toned as I used to be but the extra muscle has other benefits and requires no other people or instruction so I can work it around my shift pattern. I still practice on the heavy bag though its good to have the knowledge of a fighter for self defense.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:41 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I hear that man, it can be tough to find the balance. I haven't made it to the gym in a couple weeks due to the end of the semester and starting a new job. Once summer hits though I'll be right back in there firing away. :)