Post subject: Training Log
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:39 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Intro & background:

I may aswel start keeping a journal for my PUA progress to monitor improvement and I might aswel do it on these forums to help out other guys going through a similar learning curve.

Background: 19, socially adjusted. Have no problems making friends and spend the greater proportion of my time in social situations like pub, football, group meetings, etc. Girls, no major problems I've had and currently do have what I'll refer to as 'flirty relationships' with girls or a 'holding pattern' as its referred to on this forum I think. Context for that, I can call them babe and they go along with it. Aw I love you, or they call me babe back or something to that effect.

However that took time and was done before I discovered PUA so now I would like to be able to catalyse that entire process.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, my first entry will be last weekend because that's still sort of fresh in my mind.

Can't remember everything but to give the highlights:

1st pub:
I created a dance circle and got in the middle and my friends (male & female) followed after, within 5 minutes we had a 30 person ring in the dance floor which doesn't count as PUA but built some social proof I guess.
Queuing for the bar there was a girl who kept being pushed up against me and I came out with something to the effect of: 'Honey please stop pushing, it won't make the queue move any faster and I know you just want an excuse to touch me'. Her response was 'Don't complain you know you like it'. Very good IOI except when I turned around was < than a 5. Bad opener but I'll count it as an approach.

I also got talking to two Australian girls (can't remember how) HB6 and HB8. The set hooked pretty quickly and then we had to move to the next pub.

2nd Pub:
On the walk between the pub a guy I met also on the pub crawl gave me a cigarette and when we got the pub the offer was 10 shots for a tenner. So I bought 10 gave him one as thanks for the cigarette and started passing the rest back one by one to my friends when this HB8 behind started calling me a 'baller' for splashing out (IOI), I NEG'd her about her teenage slang and spent most of that pub talking to her and her friend HB7.

Guys then started buying me return drinks for the shots and we got separated before moving to a club.
The club was small and we were only there an hour between 2 and 3 I think. No approaches in there, bad performance.

The two girls in the second pub were both leaving the country the next day and at like 1 o'clock the next day my brain came up with the thought that I should've isolated one and offered a kiss goodbye. Nice one but I'll go on the logic that it's better to regret a wrong move than no move.

Apparently this is a good style for a training log so I'll try it.

Things I did good:
Made approaches
Used a direct opener
Got sets to hook

Things I need to work on:
Escalating
Opening more
Kino

Point to make on both, I actually enjoyed the conversation and being in sets but paradoxically I got so distracted by making friendly conversation that I forgot to escalate. Bad.

Post subject: Re: Training Log
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:02 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Second Entry: Friday.

My primary goal for the night was to get 5 sets to hook.

My secondary goals for this night were to aim to be comfortable and relaxed at all times, try a qualification hoop (never used before), False time constraint (for the same reason),to reward IOIs, never walk around the club alone and to get rejected (best way to build confidence I think)

Initial goal was not met I don't think, I probably got 3 sets to hook and only 1 of them lasted over 10 minutes.
Secondary goals, I was relaxed even when opening sets. Tried a qualification hoop when a HB7 claimed she was cool, forgot to do false time constraint and was on my own for a 2 minute period after going for a piss and didn't get rejected as harshly I'd need to be. [Operating on the logic that you must first go down great depths before you can reach great heights.]

Things I did well:
Not even sure here I don't wanna give myself credit for approaching cause that's basic.

Things I need to work on:
Mixed sets
Building the quality of conversation
Moving people around to areas where it's actually possible to talk.

Visually in my head, I easily see myself doing/applying everything I know into a set. As opposed to me seeing myself easily doing motocross stunts, I could try to but it doesn't feel real if you get me?

I think it's just down to practice and building from absolute basics. I'm going to start working on day game next week more to build up hours of practice being put in and will be out Monday night.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Note:
Should probably write some details about the sets that did hook Friday night.

One was in the smoking area and in a set of 2 girls and a guy (not a threat) built some comfort over a ten/fifthteen minute period but again managed to completely forget everything I learned and just stood happy to be talking to new people, did manage to isolate one HB8 blonde about a yard away from the other two and keep the conversation going. All natural game, no canned material. (Might need to alter that the next night)

Another on the dance floor me and a wing managed to somehow get into a set of 3 girls (6,7 & 8 respectively) and get them engaged with us. Kino escalated was all I could do, hands, lower back she was comfortable with it all.

Put that fuck up down to lack of skill, which can only really improve through in field pick up.

I'll write that one off as a step in the right direction.

Baby steps, people, baby steps.

Next night I'll aim to have more structure to my game and have less secondary goals.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Monday night.

Two things I learnt last night:
1) I need a wing.
2) I'm an idiot.

1) I've read so much on this topic and all I wanna do in a club for 4 hours straight is sarge, the problem is no other guys want to so I didn't open as many sets as I'd like to.

2) Bad internal dialogue I know but as Tony Robbins has thought us, beliefs are held up by references. So heres the references.
Even without game and just talking to girls in any setting and saying whatever falls out of my mouth by the logic of the Law of Averages I will eventually get IOIs. As I did last night.

The problem came because I spent so much time focusing on opening and getting to the hook point in sets I drew a blank when I got phase A2 (female to male interest).

Worst one was when a HB9 put her hand on my shoulder after the opening line which I didn't even plan on being an opening line I just said it 'cause I thought it [It had to do with the SPAM in the club].

I'm getting in the habit of writing about the failures to start with so like the last post from Saturday I'm going to finish with some positives.

Approach Anxiety is practically non-existent (unless its a set > 4 people then I'd need a wing)
Used compliance tests and qualification hoops in conversation.
Slowly improving at Kino.
Opened probably over 10 sets (most mixed) and nearly all hooked.

I've recently discovered my problem, I think the phrase was in 'Game Acceleration'. Sexual Anxiety, that part of my brain that is reluctant to escalate. Any fixes?

Here's two things I need opinions on:

1) There were two girls sat on the base of the a patio heater in the smoking area (about 10' high), no other seats. In that situation do I hunker down to talk or stand over them? I stood over them for a bit which felt weird, then hunkered down and immediately felt my value lowered. What do I do in that situation?

2) The girl who touched my shoulder after one line, I completely blew out. What should I have done there?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:52 pm 
Dedicated Member

Quote:
Approach Anxiety is practically non-existent (unless its a set > 4 people then I'd need a wing)
I know it's not what you asked for an opinion but I just wanted to mention something with this. You can open as big a set as you like with no wing! Back when I had no AA, my record for an opening was a mixed 11-set. Hooked just as well as any other because I directed my speech towards the group as a whole and included everyone, saw them again later in the night and they all re-opened me etc.

It's awesome your AA is practically non-existent, now just see how far you can push it!

As for the other stuff, with 1) it's best not to stand over them, you could always try the chair steal openers. Put your hand out, tell her you're gonna show her a really cool trick, she stands up, you spin her, as she's spinning you move around her and sit in her chair then say something like "and that's how you steal someone's chair! seriously though.....*run normal opener etc*"
2) I'd say this is more about speed of thought than anything, you weren't expecting her to open so you were caught off guard and froze. I think this is more about just always being alert/ready for any opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks man, like the chair steal opener.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Congrats on getting into the game. It really is an awesome hobby to pick up. You mentioned you opened 10+ sets one night, which is very good. But, of those 10, did you manage to receive anything? At least a K-close or at least a few numbers? If you open a set of girls, you have to understand that the only reason to open them is to escalate as much as you can. That means F-closing, or K-closing if you can't F-close. You said you prolonged a few encounters to about 15 minutes or so. Don't bother wasting time in sets. I rarely ever spend more than five minutes in a set. When I open, I'm thinking K-close K-close K-close. (I've K-closed 69 girls this year so far.) If I get the K-close, I'll analyze the situation to see if I can full pull. If I can't K-close, I'll number-close and try to set up a day two. Have a look at my FR thread: game-seven-nights-a-week-vt174285.html. And let me know if you have any questions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:50 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Thanks man I've actually already read your thread.

In the mystery method it says to go out and open 3 sets per hour * 4hrs, that's why the only metric I'm focusing on right now is openers.

Good reply, you've just changed my perspective on it all a bit.

I'll go more direct and try a few routines the next time out.