Post subject: Mentalism Trick?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:31 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Hey fellas,
I was trying to figure out online how to do a particular mentalism trick, but I couldn't find it. The trick goes as follows:
The PUA asks the target to think of the initials of good friend of hers. Then, (by looking at the eyes, I'm guessing?) the PUA figures out what the two initials are. It was done on Britney Spears by Style in The Game, and I've seen it done on stage.
Could anyone tell me how to do this?
Thanks in advance for your responses!

Post subject: Magic/mentalism
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:19 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hii.

fist of all I would like to say that this isn't anthing for night game (you could but not if it's to loud..

I am a magician so but it's not that easy teaching you this online but I sugest you buy 13 steps to mentalism (book)

or stigmata by wayne houchin this also gives you a great oppertunity for kino, look it up ;)

Gianni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Thanks! I'll certainly consider pursuing that. Do you think that your mentalism seems to work in pick-up? I see that it really works in day-game if I use it right, but I'm not sure if trying to be the best mentalist possible is a worthwhile endeavor in pick-up, especially as a college student. Any recommendations for me?
Also, do both of the books you recommended have that trick in it?
Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:58 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Thanks! I'll certainly consider pursuing that. Do you think that your mentalism seems to work in pick-up? I see that it really works in day-game if I use it right, but I'm not sure if trying to be the best mentalist possible is a worthwhile endeavor in pick-up, especially as a college student. Any recommendations for me?
Also, do both of the books you recommended have that trick in it?
Thanks again!
Well I don't do mentalism or magic during a pick-up but I do use the psycologie behind it, I have been thinking about wearing a ring, girls will ask about is and then I can do something, now what you don't want to do is something like pull out a deck of cards or silks xD well stigmata by wayne houchin isn't a book but a dvd, this is perfect for daygame ! look it up on youtube ! so I don't do magic in pick-up unless the situation is sugesting it (NEVER force magic ! ) but you will find that by learning some magic/mentalism you will use more psycologie and your kino will go super smooth ! (I basicly learnd my kino by learning pickpocketing) now this won't be easy to learn magic, you can learn a trick but magic is harder but I really recomand it. I'm going to be in the begian national championships so wish me luck ! :D

Gianni.

Post subject: its a trick
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:27 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

i know trick isnt a good word, but thats what it is. I know a lot of magicians use this, even mystery used it quite often in his sarging/magic shows he used to do.

What you're talking about is called a swami gimmick. google it. they are quite well known.

hope I helped.

Guise.

P.S. : I don't really feel guilty teaching someone this, if someone doesn't agree with me sharing secrets. im just helping a fellow gamer. :)

Post subject: Re: its a trick
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:36 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
i know trick isnt a good word, but thats what it is. I know a lot of magicians use this, even mystery used it quite often in his sarging/magic shows he used to do.

What you're talking about is called a swami gimmick. google it. they are quite well known.

hope I helped.

Guise.

P.S. : I don't really feel guilty teaching someone this, if someone doesn't agree with me sharing secrets. im just helping a fellow gamer. :)
Well I wasn't talking about a swami but albout peeks, I don't have any problems explaing this to him it's just really dificult true a forum, but yeah a swami is a good option but with what I was talking about you can do more personal/emotional things.

Gianni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Well, is there a way I can learn "peeks" for free? I already knew how swami gimmick worked; I just didn't know what it was called.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:43 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
Well, is there a way I can learn "peeks" for free? I already knew how swami gimmick worked; I just didn't know what it was called.
[/quote]

I don't really know for sure but you can chek out learn magic live, you can google it.

Gianni.

Post subject: Re: Mentalism Trick?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:22 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Quote:
...asks the target to think of the initials of good friend of hers. Then, (by looking at the eyes, I'm guessing?) the PUA figures out what the two initials are...
Could anyone tell me how to do this?
Thanks in advance for your responses!
Looking at the eyes is not the method, it's the red herring (like magic powder, basically. Of course you know sprinkling magic dust on an object is only distraction...same thing when a mentalist says, "I can tell by the way your eyes twitch to the side").

The swami gimmick is one way among dozens (at least) to accomplish this effect. Although with this option, though it has it's advantages, it also has it's disadvantages. For example, it's technically a prediction, because the effect is you write down the initials, then she tells you the initials, then you show her what you wrote (and you were correct). What you may want instead is a method whereby you can just have her think of the friend (apparently) and then you tell her the initials or the name of the friend. For that, I would recommend the aforementioned Corinda (author of the mentalism bible), or for more modern variations Alain Bellon's Obsidian Oblique (though that's probably way above your skill level), or Richard Busch's Peek Performances, or Doug Dyment's R2-D2.