PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

My style is very much that of a hard rock / metal fan, the usual baggy jeans, skate shoes or boots and I almost wear a black band t-shirt. Obviously quite a scruffy and not exactly appealing look.

Recently I've tried changing it a bit to be more appealing but my problem is that I'm quite into alternative / scene girls and my new style is starting to reflect that. This is a problem as there is a lot of stigma against it from most metalheads (which a large number of my friends are) and so it feels as though I'm growing more distant from them.

Also it seems impossible to peacock in this field as almost everyone has at least one item of clothing that it quite unique or flamboyant and so it is considered the norm. I've tried dressing more normally and this resulted in me feeling rejected from the sub-culture.

Currently I'm combining my old style with the scene one, wearing a smart shirt over a large band t-shirt, a large amount of chains and bracelets on one wrist, beaded necklace or silver pendant, moving to less baggy jeans (not quite skinny jeans but not far off) and either boots or skate shoes.

Has anyone got any advice on gaming this audience and how to dress? Just to confirm I am talking about gaming an adult audience not underage kids trying to piss off mum and dad.

Jontay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Also it seems impossible to peacock in this field as almost everyone has at least one item of clothing that it quite unique or flamboyant and so it is considered the norm. I've tried dressing more normally and this resulted in me feeling rejected from the sub-culture.
I don't think you have the right idea of what peacocking is.
If you're dressing in a way that will usually get you rejected from your subculture and you're still going strong, you're peacocking right. Anything else won't work as well.

The whole point of peacock theory is that if you're the most socially savvy person there, why does it matter how you dress? It doesn't, and it sets you apart, thus raising your value.

So whatever you did that made you feel rejected from your little subculture, try again, but don't do it like a pussy. Be confident.

Show up with your group of friends in a suit, LIKE A BOSS, and if anyone calls you on it, just say something like "I wanted to look nice." if you get any flack, laugh it off and keep a strong frame, and you'll be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:01 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Cheers man, I'm quite liking the suit idea and have bought a couple of decent shirts and a suit. It seems to be working well and it really sets me apart from the rest in the club, although it could look better with a necklace as all of mine have broken.

I'm also thinking about getting some more piercings, obviously this isn't just to help with my game, I would actually quite like them but at the moment it's all a case of money as I'm at uni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I finally saw a picture of mystery and his look is perfect, I can't believe that I didn't look at his style before. I've started watching the pick up artist TV show which not only shows me more of his style but offers great advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:10 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Don't give a shit. Dress how you want to.

Look at this man.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/01/31/me ... enna-haze/

He's in one of the most intense metal bands on the planet today, and he can get a woman looking like THAT.

The majority of metalheads have a fashion sense as if the last twenty five years didn't happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:20 am 
Member of MPUA Forum

Quote:
Cheers man, I'm quite liking the suit idea and have bought a couple of decent shirts and a suit. It seems to be working well and it really sets me apart from the rest in the club, although it could look better with a necklace as all of mine have broken.
Rock on, brother...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

AOL: matx223@aim.com
I sympathize with your post as this was once a problem for me. Being a metal-head, my wardrobe is something I take quite a bit of pride in. If you desire to look nice and peacock while still looking metal, wear dark colors. The best thing about black is that it goes with anything. Try mixing it with white, and if you want to peacock focus more on trinkets. For example, get a stylish watch that has a real classy look to it. Black, is what you're aiming for. Then add a badass necklace. Sharktooth, or iron cross like I used to wear. Something in that ball park. I now wear a guitar pickup around my neck, as I am a guitar player of 5 years. Your wardrobe should speak to women about who you are so that you don't verbally have to. This will also provide an air of mystery towards your character and to who you really are. Metal-heads are a lot like guys that are into hip-hop. At least in the sense that both of these groups/individuals are almost instantly recognizable. The only difference is that the "straight up G I'm white but really wish I was black" look is A LOTTTTTTT more common.

Use this to your advantage. A metal-head with style is a devilishly handsome and mysterious motherfucker. Metal-heads also tend to be more introverted and emotionally damaged then the hip hop guys. Ever notice how in highschool the kids who never learned how to use a belt usually got more pussy? Or at least more connections to parties and other social groups?

They are typically more extroverted, which for them, is fantastic, and is something that most people from our demographic seriously need to work on. However, on average, we feel more. This would seem like a hindrance to the casual observer, but you can seriously turn this around and use it to your advantage. You can convey a lot of this passion through your wardrobe and even more through sexual body language, and deep, slow communication that puts quite an emphasis on the tone of your voice and how often you pause during speech...

I am currently in the process of completing what I am calling my "UDM Wardrobe." (Ultimate Devil Metal)

Matching my shoes with belt and dress shirt, necklace, watch, etc etc I dont wanna spoil it. You'll see how killer it looks when it's complete.

I realize I went a bit off topic up there. ^^^ The point is though, you can look metal and look stylish at the same time, without piercings, tattoos, trip pants, (dont ever sarge with those) combat boots, eyeliner, or lathering corpse paint all over your face. You probably already knew this, but I just figured I'd bring it up again.

And if your buddies say shit to you about any of this, just be like, "You know what man? This might not be the most metal outfit I've ever rocked, but ya know what is metal?!?!? Getting Pussy..."

Good luck man, and don't hesitate to ask me any questions if you need any more advice.

Stay metal!!! \m/