Post subject: Re: Straw Man Technique
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

I don't think this technique is all that "vile".

You're just allowing her to voice her concerns with her current relationship.

I can see myself saying (in dutch) "hij is zeker een jongen die alles voor je doet en al je behoeftes en wensen vervult, hm?" and it will come across as really caring.

The arguments that you shouldn't do it because someone might do it to you are void because that other someone isn't going to listen to you. If you want this not to work on your girlfriend the only recourse is to work on your relationship.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm 
Dedicated Member

Je praat hier over een soort neo-Kantiaanse ethiek "doe dat ook een ander niet..." Google "cathegorische imperatief". Maar de ervaring leert dat als iemand overweegt om een girlfriend steal op touw te zetten, ze de morele rechtvaardiging op den duur wel zullen construeren. Maar in dit era van ongebreideld feminisme zouden mannen solidair moeten samenwerken en zich niet tegen elkaar laten uitspelen onder verlokking van een quick bang
Zie derhalve mijn thread: How to become a hero.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:40 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Samenwerken met als 'object' de vrouwen alsof ze iets zijn dat vanaf een afstandje bestudeerd en dan overwonnen moet worden? Wij tegen zij...

Ik zeg idd dat dat Kantiaanse niet werkt, wat je zegt, die andere man heeft geen morele verplichting om netjes te zijn tegenover jouw vriendin omdat jij er toevallig voor gekozen hebt dat wel te doen.

Een 'solidair' zijn heeft misschien meer waarde.. er van uitgaande dat wat je hier doet iets vuiligs is wat vrouw-onvriendelijk is in de eerste plaats. Ik ben namelijk net zo lief solidair met het meisje wat ik wil hebben als met haar huidige vriend...

Ik denk dat de reden dat die Skills360 het er niet mee eens is is omdat het weer zo'n techniek is (of lijkt te zijn) die de vrouw als tegenstander positioneert en hij ziet haar niet als tegenstander maar als compatriot.

@Skills

I'm talking about how you don't seem to like techniques that position a girl as the opponent that needs be conquered but would rather look at her as a friend and compatriot.

Mr. Marville says guys should be more solidary with each other and not try to out-play each other. I said I would just as well be solidary with the girl I want as with the guy she is currently in relationship with.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:22 am 
Dedicated Member

Wow . . . WTF . . . Ik lees het eerste zinnetje en denk: "Wat voor politiek-correcte nonsens gaat me hier nu weer overspoelen?" Maar, bij nader inzien geef ik je gelijk want het is niet iets vuiligs of zo dat je die vrouw wilt "pick-uppen," het is immers de natuurlijke wet die dit dicteert. En het is de verkrachting van sekserollen, waardenpatronen en de balans tussen de seksen die er voor zorgt dat je je als man schuldig voelt als je probeert een vrouw te versieren. En ook dat je tot deze "technieken" moet afdalen . . . In the first place.

De feministische wereld wil je laten denken dat je je diep, diep moet schamen om een vrouw te versieren, dat je een manipulatieve klootzak bent als je dat probeert, zodat je al als een soort jankend hondje aan komt kakken bij het vrouwtje, zodat ze je zo kan dismissen en zij al vanaf het begin de (morele) upper-hand heeft.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 am 
New to MPUA Forum

I like the name chosen for this, SMT. It's all part of M.A.C.=Master the Art of Communication

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Thats a badass awesome technique, iv been looking for a good boyfriend destroyer to use in field and you laid out a great well thought out flawless one. Great Job! cant wait to try it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

This is absolutely genius! I can not wait to try this out... I have a few girls in mind that I feel I could get with, especially with this new technique :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

One word, two syllables .. GEN-IUS !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:20 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

There is this HB8 I have been hanging with for 1 year now. It's only a platonic relationship as she's living with a douche. I made a point that I would never date her but, gosh, you would be surprised how similar we are and how well we get along. Nowadays, we can even anticipate what each other's gonna say ;p

I have been using her as a "wingman" to approach other girls (they get less suspicious) and I have been openly dating while she's been doing her thing with the douchebag.

More recently, things have started going really bad with her bf and I think it's just a matter of time before they break up. I see that she has been acting more flirty with me, but also with other guys. She even went to a couple of dates with two of them (they tried to kiss her but she always resisted). I guess she's preparing herself to dump him.
Today, she came at my place and started crying and after the drama calmed down, she started putting her head on my shoulders. Well, I could still be the Friendzone guy but I can also tell she flirts with me.

I have been using the SMT on her out of curiosity and she was "shredding" her guy mercilessly. My problem is that she might think that I am defending him since I am a "fellow male". How am I supposed to turn this situation to my advantage?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

This topic is solid. I just want to clarify something. If you are the one building the straw man and this false sense of power and perfection that he has, are you going to be the one to shoot it down too ? In the beginning of the post you mentionned not to attack the image of her boyfriend so in this case would you just let her shoot down the straw man her self ? In the analogy with George Bush, you mention that you are the one attacking him for not being a Jesus Christ. Please clarify thx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:44 pm 
Member of MPUA Forum

I did this two nights ago. It sorta worked. When I tried the Mystery Kiss gambit, she said "no, I have a boyfriend." I followed up by asking if I could kiss her on the cheek, she said "yes," then I signaled her to kiss mine, which she did. I did the SMT and she did start bashing her bf, and in the bar we kissed and she let me feel her tits. She gave me her number but now she won't pick up her phone. It seems to work in terms of questioning her relationship, but it seems that if you don't move in during this time, she will go home and feel guilty. I have a feeling this process has a high rate of buyers remorse. How can we prevent this?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Awesome technique! I think I kind of did this to my neighbor. She lives with her baby dad and she's always telling me how unhappy she is and that she thinks he's cheating on her and even though I'm pretty sure he is and I would totally fuck his girl I kind of stuck up for him and told her it's not cheating until she has proof and that he was a good guy etc...but, after seeing this I think I can talk him up even more to the point that he'll never be able to live up to it. There's no doubt that she likes me I've just never gone for her completely because they live right next door and I don't want to deal with the drama but, if she get's rid of him then there would be no drama and the convenience couldn't be better. Great stuff man.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:40 pm 
Dedicated Member

This method sounds pretty successful, but you have to keep some stuff in mind. If you keep giving her way-above expectations of her current boyfriend, she might attack you back by saying that he's already perfect for her and she likes him. Ok he might not be able to hit these expectations, but neither will you get the chance to manipulate her to become yours.

I'd give it an 8/10, good method, just needs more elaboration and comebacks for a lot of unexpected replies.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:07 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Fucking genius man, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:26 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

I'm new to the game myself. I have a friend that I'm kind of wanting to hook up with. But she just started a relationship with this other guy. I've known this girl for a while. Any tips on how I can make something happen with her?