Post subject: Picking up at work?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

So I'm finally old enough (16) to get a decent summer job (that doesn't involve lawn mowing haha. Hopefully I'll be able to get a job at a clothing store, or restaurant, or grocery store or something even though it's kind of late in the year < got to stay optimistic that I'll find a job though> ) So I figure work will be a great place to develop my social skills and pick up skills while earning money. But I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you guys could help me with:

-Whats different about picking up at work than regular street daygame?
-How does it go (is there like a blueprint or something I can follow that you guys can give me the link for?)
-Any other advice you guys have?

Post subject: Re: Picking up at work?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:09 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Get a job at a restaurant as a bus boy or a host. Flirt with the hostesses. Enjoy.

A restaurant job is one of the best places to meet people for friends and hookups. They hire hot girls, and the turnover is high, so there is always fresh meat coming in. And the people who work at restaurants are always looking to party after their shifts. The common saying about restaurant jobs is "In the restaurant business, everybody is fucking everybody." And it's true.

Also, there are no blueprints for anything in life (unless you are an architect). So just eliminate that thought from your head, right now, cause that thought will only hold you back in anything you do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:32 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

The advice is simple: be confident and cool. Don't pick-up your boss or somebody that works under you. And don't get involved into relationships with people that work with you - it will make your job difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:50 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
Get a job at a restaurant as a bus boy or a host. Flirt with the hostesses. Enjoy.

A restaurant job is one of the best places to meet people for friends and hookups. They hire hot girls, and the turnover is high, so there is always fresh meat coming in. And the people who work at restaurants are always looking to party after their shifts. The common saying about restaurant jobs is "In the restaurant business, everybody is fucking everybody." And it's true.

Also, there are no blueprints for anything in life (unless you are an architect). So just eliminate that thought from your head, right now, cause that thought will only hold you back in anything you do.
Thanks for the reply man. I applied to this one restaurant type place near my house(kind of like a cafe actually) but never got a call back but I am getting a job(not 100% certain, I just did the training today but hopefully I got it) working at this store (deli<sells chips/beer/sodas/sandwiches/bagels/etc) and I figure I can try to pick up customers. Any advice on that though?
I work as the cashier so like during the casual 2 minute conversations with customers how can I turn that into getting a # close or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:51 am 
MPUA Forum Enthusiast

Quote:
The advice is simple: be confident and cool. Don't pick-up your boss or somebody that works under you. And don't get involved into relationships with people that work with you - it will make your job difficult.
Thanks for the advice man.