PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:34 pm 
New to MPUA Forum

Hi All

First post and totally new to PUA so take it easy on the newb. Sorry for the long post but this is the beginning of the journey

Background

age 45
1 year out of 5.5 year relationship - 9 mths into new g/f - cute little asian girl I met on the net
g/f is good but doesn't want another kid. I don't have and want so probably no future.

+ves

Lost 12 kg in the last year - still work to do but not fat or fem looking
Joined some social groups and play regular social sports
Conquered my phobia about dancing and learned some basic Salsa
Look young for my age
Earn good money
Been told I'm good in bed
Have layed upwards of 40 women and had 5 longterm relationships - so I guess mid-level AFC
Articulate and well read
Analytical so I should be able to work with material

-ves

Ex pat with limited - say 6-8 friends here that I see fairly infrequently
Too good a talker need to improve active listening
Works gone thru cutbacks last year with more to come so I'll need to spend time on keeping my gig/packing my parachute - i.e. limited time
No house - in process of looking to buy one - i.e. limited time
Car's old but a good model and tidy looking - probably a neutral point

Longterm Goals
Find a cute 30s woman to marry who wants a kid
Be gently alpha in that relationship

Immediate Goals

Get more female friends - only got 2 single female friends here and they're darned flakey
I think this is 2 main problems - where to meet 35-40 YO single women
- How to be playful and intriguing so they don't fade away - which has
happened to me before
Get into day game - night scene and dance scene seems limited for older guys in my city

Preferred Approach

Natural - any canned material is going to have to be subtle - I don't thing a lot of the 'openers' I've seen are going to work on older women.

Q - which matierial to star with? - focus is building social circle and older guy game
I realise I'm going to have to pick n chose but want to start with the richest veins
I'm in Australia - bit of a cultural difference maybe with US - our women are feisty have to b very
careful with teasing and negs
Because I'm busy audio I can listen to in car is probably best

Q - good first steps to get out there - don't want to be one of those 'home with my PUA material' guys

An overseas friend who's got plenty of game sent me some DVDs with:
John Alexanda's how to become an alpha male - working thru it - seems good basic advice but seems geared to pushing all femaile relationships to sex - don't have that much time/energy
Carlos Xuma - Ultimate Inner Game, Alpha Male conversation, Bad boy formula
Tom Torero - Conversation King
Magic bullets (1st ed)
Alan Pease - body language DVDs
Jamie Smart - Attracting Women From The Inside Out
David X - relentless seminar
Sean McPheat - how to be a master communicator (book)
Neil Strauss - the game (audio), Annihilation method - DVDs, rules of the game (book)
Love Systems - Real Social Dynamics DVD, Social Circle master DVD
(Don't know who) - Social Man - the girlfriend activation system
Richard La Ruina - The Natural How to Effortlessly Attract the Women You Want

Way too much material - so given my situation and goals which should I start with?

As we say downunder - thanx heaps guys for helping me with first steps :-)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:53 am 
New to MPUA Forum

Any suggestions for the first 2 off the list?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:05 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

You're actually kind of lucky I'd say, since you're looking for 35-40 year old women. I don't know about in Australia, but in America, when you go out you run into 21-25ish girls, or 36+ women. The younger girls are out partying because, well thats what they do. They don't have kids or responsibilities, and thats the world as they know it. Between 25-35, you don't run into many females out at bars and such. They have careers, are getting married, having kids, etc. But, after 35, they are getting divorced and looking to go out again and have the fun they missed for the last 10 years. The best part about the 36+ women, is that you really don't have to "run game" or be cool with them. They aren't interested in that. You can just talk to them and be interesting. You sound like you have your life together pretty well and aren't a loser, so you should have no problems meeting women. Don't worry about lines or canned material. That stuff isn't going to work on women, only on girls. Just be confident, make eye contact, smile, and say "hi."

As for female friends... Why do you want them? What I mean is, are you going to go out and try to meet women that you have no intention of sleeping with? Because, I don't know how you're going to pull that off on your own. The best way to make female friends is through other friends and groups. I'm sure your 2 female friends have other female friends, so start hanging out with them more often and get introduced. Go out with coworkers, neighbors, or hobby groups, volunteer groups... some sort of environment that allows you to interact with others where it won't be automatically assumed that you are trying to get in their pants, like it would be if you were at a bar or club.