Post subject: Associative memory
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:45 pm 
MPUA Forum Zealot

Hit control+F and type in Sr388 to skip the introduction. Why? Because I completely despise when PUA's write PUG's that have an introduction filled with bullshit. I hate when they fill up their material with hot air and don't get to the fucking point and tell you what you wanted to know in the first place. I hate when these assholes brag and go on and on about shit that doesn't matter, like how it will change your life without ever fucking telling you what to actually do until the last 5% of what they wrote. I especially despise when the parts you wanted to read are hidden within all of this nonsens. So the first things I said was to hit Control+F and search for [insert segment of letters and numbers that I'm not displaying here because if it only shows up twice in my the first entry you only have to look for the second time it shows up]. People like that piss me the fuck off.

So, here's how this has helped me. A few of the applications I've used. But keep in mind there are many possibilities and you're creative and have your own thoughts. You'll find more applications once you understand how it works. When you do, pm me and tell me. Better yet, post them here.

I chose this area of the forum because what I'm going to say goes under framing. It's kinda like a cheat code for framing. I need to do more research on it, granted. My experiences with this have shown that it works on both me doing it to myself [knowingly] and others [unknowingly and knowingly].

Sr388
First off, this has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, but go play Metroid. Amazing game. Metroids come from the planet Sr388.

edited [before posting] Hit Control+F and search for 12357 if you want the application part. If you want to understand keep reading. I feel the following is something you should read

So, here's how I figured this out.
1998 Zelda Ocarina of time is released in America.
1999 I make a CD with my CD burner that has all the music from that game.
1999-2002 I listen to this CD while I'm on the bus riding towards soccer games, football games, wrestling matches, track meets, and various other sporting events I loved. Those were the best times of my life back then. I was always excited to go play sports [something I REALLY loved doing]. I really get a rush out of playing sports and I was really close with all my teammates. The point I'm making here is that it was a very enjoyable time and during this time I was listening to music from Zelda: OoT. Some songs I liked more than others and would listen to on repeat or would just start over at times. Other songs I'd skip. Saria's song was one I played over and over as well as lon lon ranch

I had never actually played the game, but I liked the music.

2002 My friend Frank let's me borrow his copy of Zelda OoT. I'm playing it and the music from the first area is music was a song I skipped a lot. I get to the point in the game where you first hear the forest theme [Saria's song]. I feel randomly happy. happier than I've ever felt in my life. I don't know why, but it's amazing. I'm thinking of the times I was on the bus and all the matches and games I was in in high school all at the same time. It's a rush of memories. 4 years worth. All happy memories. I play more and get to the farm [lon lon ranch]. More ridiculous happiness. As I play through I experience a lot of happy moments and at one point feel sleepy [a song was playing that I used to go to sleep to].

I wonder why and figure out it's because it reminds me of happy times and sleepy times, etc.

fast forward a few years. Remixes seem to have the same effect on me. Also I'm playing DDR a lot and there's a kid who hates when I play Bag [a ddr song with bag pipes playing]. He says it's cause at his grandfather's funeral they played bag pipes... deeper understanding: the strong the emotion experienced the more generalized the sound heard is.

I learn I'm an auditory learner and there are 3 types. Sensory, Auditory, and Visual. To figure out who's an Auditory learner play something obnoxious and whomever is more irritated by it is closest to being an Auditory learner. I'll talk about this more, you want to know the applications of this.

They way it works is the part of your brain, are far as evolution theory is concerned and biology, that stores memories is sometimes labeled the feline brain. There's the lizard brain [basic survival of the species: sex, food, fight or flight.]. Then the Feline brain [Lizard brain + Memory and emotions]. Then the primate brain [Both other brains plus problem solving and abstract ideas].

So the part with the memories also focuses on emotions. You store them through your senses: Smell, taste, touch, hearing, sight.
Smell is the strongest influence of memory and emotion. Sound... I don't recall where it sits in this caste system here. Just remember that ALL five can be used [have you heard of anchoring with touch? you can do it with all five senses but touch is the easiest to manipulate].

Sound: this is what I've used and the applications I've made. Sound is also easy to access as opposed to taste, sight, and smell.

From learning of the kid who dreaded the bagpipe memories [which refreshed my understanding of it all] I decided to run experiments with ME as the guinea pig. I took a song and listened to it only when I was sad. While I was sad and listening to said song I focused on sad depressing moments of my life. I did this for a year straight and would ONLY listen to it while I was sad [keep in mind I also had other songs for other emotions, this is only an example. Other songs had the same time frame, but I also had differing time frames and multiple songs].

A year later I test it all with while I'm experiencing opposing emotions. When I'm happy as hell I listened to the sad song. The 1 year of sadness attached overrode the happiness I had been feeling.

So, find a song and while you're experiencing an emotion play it for that emotion. You can use the other five sense as well. I personally use Audio because I'm an auditory learner.

Her's other applications I've used with the same principal.
Click Click!: When I'm practicing a fighting game I'll practice combos. If I succeed 10 times in a row I use my right middle finger and click the controller twice in a row. When I'm in a match with someone of a high skill level and do something amazing I click the controller twice. I do this when I'm succeeding 99% of the time. When I'm losing and need a boost is that 1% of the time I do it and it always helps. I do combos better I have better strategy. I win.

I play unpredictable. I play better just cause of the click click that's has all my success ingrained in associative memories.

Christi: A girl I met while working at Cedar point. No, I failed horribly with her, I didn't fuck her. But I got a lot closer than expected purely because of my understanding of associative memory. I also fond a "psychic" trick to use on lesbians [and gay guys] from it. I was nice to this girl and fun all the time. I took the time to listen and showed I wasn't judgmental and she could talk to me [which is a whole different part of the game really]. She opened up to me and told me about how when she was little she would go up to her father and ask him to play with her. Now a lot of psych says that your father represents how you view men and your mother women. Her dad would be busy on the computer and she'd get frustrated and say "You don't love me." this man would get frustrated then backhand her hard and say "Don't you ever say that, I love you dearly" just after her assaulted her. She says she's gay. She also says she's afraid guys will harm her. I think it's her association of her father hurting her then saying he loves her that makes her afraid of guys to point where she goes for girls. She's pseudogay. Nor really gay. She's afraid.

I show her [also a whole different part of the game] that I'm not going to harm her ever and I do like her. We made out and slept in the same bed together. But alas I got fired from Cedar point. I never fucked her [I'm not the greatest with girls anyway. I just know bits and pieces like association memory.].

There are endless possibilities with this. You can revamp yourself. Do a mannerism, whistle something, listen to a playlist from your ipod, etc.. But make sure you program yourself to associate it with something useful. I doesn't always have to be emotion [as seen with the case of me winning in video games]. It doesn't always have to be sound.