Forum rules

Relationship Subforum Rules

1. Posts about how to get a girlfriend will result in a ban.

2. Posts about your ex-girlfriend will result in a ban.

3. Any other posts not related to your current girlfriend will result in a ban.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:30 pm 
MPUA Forum Addict

Howdy folks. No idea how to post so I will fixing regarding the feedback.

I’m having some issues with my gf at the moment. We have been together for 2 years but giving the next step ahead is being hard. We established a relationship originally based on equality but due to her changing jobs the situation changed. Now she has much more time free but also no money.

I feel her lately very insecure. Also she took some actions like inspecting my handy and checking for old messages I’ve sent and received. She is currently very sad cause when already in the relationship I’ve sent some messages to some friends of mine commenting about hanging around to see girls. (NOT PICK UP, SEE as with the eyes). And suspicious of messages I exchanged with a female friend of mine.

It is a complicated situation since I feel our relationship is out of balance, the girl is insecure and I’m suffering with the burden of “making things work”. I like her, she is beautiful, smart and hard working. Of course the grass of the neighbour always looks greener but i have a nice girl with me so I must give her some credit.

Currently the issue is, on the messages she found stuff from 1 year ago, (my fault not deleting it), so she claims to feel cheated after my comments to my friends about hanging out together and so on. So she claims our relationship was partially based on a lie and she no longer sees me as she saw before hence we gave a step back in the relationship.

Things are complicated at the moment as I feel disrespected of her fussing on my handy. She is insecure about the future of graduating at the university and going “job loss”. There is the fact I lived abroad and plan do to it again soon and she being scared of moving out of city (if she decides to go with me).

Then a brief summary of the points of our relationship:
* Regarding affection we are well. I really believe we care and take care of each other.

* Sex life is improving, I would like her to let things go more easily she seems very nervous. Since I’ve met her things improved but not to the point we are on the same level.

*Regarding the driven of the relationship I feel overburden, being the one in charge to sit down and “make things work”. We have no fights no aggressiveness involved, I can say the problem is more regarding expectations and how to manage them.

I see the current situation more as sign the relationship is trying to go ahead despite of unfinished stuff (she graduating and I deciding where will I stay in the future) than of major incompatibilities we have. Folks what do you suggest? Questions will be happily answered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:30 am 
Dedicated Member

If she has not been jealous in the past, then you should look to your own behavior and make sure you've not done anything to promote it.

If you have, then tell her you recognize it, and will work on it and would like her to help by letting you know when it's going on or something you're doing makes her feel that way.

If you've done nothing, and this is all just her deal, you have a choice of helping her overcome the jealousy issues, or telling her you're not interested in a relationship that can't be positive because of jealousy issues. It's not your job alone to make the relationship work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:45 am 
MPUA Forum Addict

Ok, if you are going trough someones text messages, you are bound to get insecure, cause you'll misunderstand things, and reframe them the way you think it has happened.

This comes indeed from insecurity, the doom thinking that comes afterwards, as in he cheated, he disrespected me, comes also from insecurity.

You should call her, and have a talk with her.

Tell her, that you feel offended that she still doesn't trust you after 2 years.
Tell her, she should know you better by this time, that you aren't a cheater.
Tell her, that you feel disrespected because she didn't trust you, and she checked your txt msgs.
Tell her, you like her, and you want to work things out.

Ask her how she feels about the situation...

Talk it out!